Cities to live in the US?

Worcester is def a NO.
Boston or any cities surrounding that area might be good for you.
if you want to experience all four seasons, it can get a bit crazy up in New England
minimum wage is not bad ($8)
theres no tax on clothes if you like shopping but there is a meals tax and etc (6.25%)
beaches are right along the coast
and you cant hate Boston because its a team winning city, holla!

you say no to Cali, but its really not that expensive. This is coming from a person who just moved from MI and had everyone and their mama telling me this and that. You can certainly find a nice two bed place for 1700 and under. I live in the beach areas (Hermosa, Redondo, etc) weather is efffffffin fantastic. Cali is truly only expensive if your in SF or live in downtown LA. LIVE BY YOUR MEAN. I am currently in one that is 1500 for 2 people. Prices here are no different than anywhere else and gas is actually lower than it is in MI lol
Nah the entire immediate Bay Area is expensive. Parts of San Francisco are just ridiculous but Oakland, Berkeley, San Jose, are no place to rent either. From what I remember living in SoCal most of the actual city of L.A. was pretty expensive too. I'd much rather pay a premium for real estate though than live anywhere else. 

Last edited:
Minneapolis is col but the schools are awful. There are a few good ones though. The winters are depressing when it's negative 20 for a week. But other than that it's fine. Lots to do. I'm never bored. Lots of good companies to work for here too like target, 3m and Honeywell.

The basketball team sucks but we got a dope baseball stadium lol. Going to the game tomorrow :pimp:

Sf to me is still the greatest city on earth, will always be my home but if this thing works out with my lady I wouldn't mind us moving to Monterey/Santa Cruz/Half Moon Bay, I need to be by water and I like sleepy little towns but still able to go to big cities

Nah the entire immediate Bay Area is expensive. Parts of San Francisco are just ridiculous but Oakland, Berkeley, San Jose, are no place to rent either. From what I remember living in SoCal most of the actual city of L.A. was pretty expensive too. I'd much rather pay a premium for real estate though than live anywhere else. 
If it's that bad, then he can live in Hayward, Fremont, Concord, San Leandro, Castro Valley, etc... Rent might be a bit less than some parts of Oakland and Berkeley. I wouldn't look into housing in Berkeley. Prices, im assuming, are credulously high due to the Cal students taking up all the spots and driving up the rent. Berkeley just look like a retirement place where you want to go and live until you die. Nothing wrong with that, everything just seems so calm. Some parts at least.

If it's that bad, then he can live in Hayward, Fremont, Concord, San Leandro, Castro Valley, etc... Rent might be a bit less than some parts of Oakland and Berkeley. I wouldn't look into housing in Berkeley. Prices, im assuming, are credulously high due to the Cal students taking up all the spots and driving up the rent. Berkeley just look like a retirement place where you want to go and live until you die. Nothing wrong with that, everything just seems so calm. Some parts at least.
Or Fresno or Modesto lol
But Sacramento isn't bad either, cheaper but if you like driving slow, this city is not for you and it does get super hot like houston

Sf to me is still the greatest city on earth, will always be my home but if this thing works out with my lady I wouldn't mind us moving to Monterey/Santa Cruz/Half Moon Bay, I need to be by water and I like sleepy little towns but still able to go to big cities
You coastal type dudes live life to cold. Even on a 70 degree day like this I shiver slightly if I think about running into SF for something. 

Idk why OP is overlooking all of CA, I agree with Mike and mugen81 there are places where you can find a decent spot for 1700. Sacramento is very affordable and Castro Valley is a little more expensive would fit his needs perfectly from the sound of it.

Or Fresno or Modesto lol
But Sacramento isn't bad either, cheaper but if you like driving slow, this city is not for you and it does get super hot like houston

isnt modesto one of the poorest cities in the US?

Yeah I was joking
I feel you @ICE but I am living in houston right now and I would kill for those 60-70 days and 50 nights right about now
It's 96 today plus humidity making it feel like 101
But Sac town gets about the same but it's an option I am also thinking when I move back to the bay

Last edited:
Yeah I was joking
I feel you @ICE but I am living in houston right now and I would kill for those 60-70 days and 50 nights right about now
It's 96 today plus humidity making it feel like 101
But Sac town gets about the same but it's an option I am also thinking when I move back to the bay

That humidity just adds that extra pain to the heat though.

Sac is underrated. Not the best when compared to the rest of Cali but conpared to the rest of the country

OP you gotta come to Las Vegas. I'm born & raised in L.A. I have lived in Vegas since '06. Not even looking back. Vegas has the charm of a smaller town, with all the amenities of a big city. This town LOVES sports/betting, especially basketball. No pro team yet, new arena just got the green light yesterday! But UNLV is fun to watch. NBA summer league, and USA basketball exibitions. L.A. and the Lakers/Clippers are not that far away. You can get a real nice place for your budget. Economy is rebounding. If you're not a screw up you can go far in this town. No traffic. No state tax. Great niketown, and house of hoops. UNDFTD. I've heard that the ratio of women to men is 7:1. What more could you want?

Last edited:
Portland
Seattle
Charlotte
Raleigh/Durham

Indianapolis
Columbus
Nashville
Virginia Beach
This dude knows whats up...
grin.gif

I've moved around alot and I must say that the PNW way of life is the best bruh.  And second to that is NC. 

ANY CITY IN TEXAS IS RIGHT IN YOUR ALLEY.

HOUSTON
DALLAS
AUSTIN
SAN ANTONIO

IN THAT ORDER. FOR $1700 YOU ARE IN A VERY NICE HOUSE WITH THE HOUSING PRICES AND COST OF LIVING DOWN HERE.

OP you gotta come to Las Vegas. I'm born & raised in L.A. I have lived in Vegas since '06. Not even looking back. Vegas has the charm of a smaller town, with all the amenities of a big city. This town LOVES sports/betting, especially basketball. No pro team yet, new arena just got the green light yesterday! But UNLV is fun to watch. NBA summer league, and USA basketball exibitions. L.A. and the Lakers/Clippers are not that far away. You can get a real nice place for your budget. Economy is rebounding. If you're not a screw up you can go far in this town. No traffic. No state tax. Great niketown, and house of hoops. UNDFTD. I've heard that the ratio of women to men is 7:1. What more could you want?

Dallas is nice, but to be honest there isn't a lot of culture here.  This town caters mainly to 3 activities.  Eating, Drinking and Shopping.  Other than that it is hard to find things to do.  Big sports town, but the Cowboys are king.  Everything else is an afterthought.  Cost of living is great compared to most major cities.  As far as school go, you would need to move to one of the surrounding cities.  DISD (Dallas Independent School District)  is the worst unless you plan on going the private route.  

Or Fresno or Modesto lol
Gawdd nooo dont go to Fresno or Modesto. 

Sacramento is alright. Hot summers,cold winters.

Affordable depending where you live,with 1700 you'll be gucci.

We have alot of suburbs and smaller cities around us.

We're diverse to.

^agreed. do not go to Fresno or Modesto. In fact, you probably want to avoid the central valley in CA. Only good thing about the central valley in CA is affordability.

Back
Top Bottom