City of God's Son...90's Hip-Hop Heads Enter...Epicness

I just found out about this project a not too long ago, so my bad if this is late but I haven't seen it posted before.

This artist and film maker Kenzo Hakuta has made a coming of age story using Nas, Ghost, Jay, BIG and Rae as characters in his art project. He blends Golden Age Hip-Hop music with immersive 3-D sounds and iconic visuals. Its a media mashup, what Kenzo calls the world's first "Beat Cinematic".

He got blind artists to do the score, so that you can envision the visuals without watching the film.

This summer it is going to be exhibited with 3-D sound, live action segments and HD film in open air at the South St Seaport (I think).

Right now you can download, the audio. You're supposed to listen to it with headphones in absolute darkness (blindfolding recommended).

I only listened to about 10 minutes or so because I really want to sit down and get the full experience but just from the website and the trailer, this is already one of the illest things I have seen in my life. I can't wait to
pimp.gif
and catch the full show this summer.

Check it out and let me know what you think....

Peep the website and download the audio portion here...

CITY OF GOD'S SON

http://www.cityofgodson.com/

definitely gonna check this out, all you'll find in my ipod is Golden Era Hip Hop

seems dope as hell. peepin the website now.

Im downloadin now, but would have much rather just peeped it (like on youtube) without me havin to d/l....?  

nice, i peeped this a while ago randomly checking out classic wu vids. a good thing more people are viewing it.

This dude is gonna make mad money off this kinda creativity if he gets clearances from rappers and whoever else and it blows up...

Yeah, this was posted a loooooooong time ago. I absolutely loved it though. Did the guy who posted it ever release a Pt. 2?

Back
Top Bottom