City of Industry: NFL, will it be done? VOL. Back in LA?

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

City of Industry? Seriously?

we talked about this at work, its going to be wack to put it there but what are the other options?

-carson is a no since Home Depo center took that land
-that crap usc plays in is a DUMP, so u cant even upgrade it u would have to blow the whole thing up and start from there, which would mean USC would proably have to play in the rose bowl for a year or 2. which would be VERY hard to do
-Rose bowl? HELL NO, a dump also and WAY To far out and add in UCLA trying to find a home for a few years to play at.
-hollywood park, u would have to buy that place and the land and etc, etc, etc,
-downtown... no space that i can think of to put it at
-dodger stadium for football and baseball? not a chance in hell
- the spot the Great western fourm is at? proably not even close to been big enough

Hm. I've never thought about it in that great of a detail, but still City of Industry is wasteland. Outside of Spearmint Rhino, what is there?

Maybe the City of Commerce. It's just outside of LA and there are huge warehouses near the citadel that can be torn down.

And I know that it isn't the best idea either, but come on now. THE CITY OF INDUSTRY?

the city of commerce is a bigger dump than industry dude. and its not exactly surrounded by nice cities. industry is.

its probably less than 20 miles from downtown anyway so its not a huge inconvenience.

I think a lot of people have the location mixed up, although they say "City of Industry" its not in City of Industry.

its Walnut / Diamond Bar area, i guess City of Industry sounds more west towards L.A when in reality youre going further east.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

we talked about this at work, its going to be wack to put it there but what are the other options?

-that crap usc plays in is a DUMP, so u cant even upgrade it u would have to blow the whole thing up and start from there, which would mean USC would proably have to play in the rose bowl for a year or 2. which would be VERY hard to do
-Rose bowl? HELL NO, a dump also and WAY To far out and add in UCLA trying to find a home for a few years to play at.
- the spot the Great western fourm is at? proably not even close to been big enough

Hm. I've never thought about it in that great of a detail, but still City of Industry is wasteland. Outside of Spearmint Rhino, what is there?

Maybe the City of Commerce. It's just outside of LA and there are huge warehouses near the citadel that can be torn down.

And I know that it isn't the best idea either, but come on now. THE CITY OF INDUSTRY?

the city of commerce is a bigger dump than industry dude. and its not exactly surrounded by nice cities. industry is.

its probably less than 20 miles from downtown anyway so its not a huge inconvenience.

It is, but areas of it is going under renovation and it is closer to LA.

And if its in Diamond Bar/Walnut, that's a totally different story, but that's still one hell of a drive.

^I'm not sure if you've read through the thread.

The land theyre suggesting on buying is off the 60 / Grand.

Which is Diamond Bar / Walnut area.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

It is, but areas of it is going under renovation and it is closer to LA.

And if its in Diamond Bar/Walnut, that's a totally different story, but that's still one hell of a drive.

its on the east side of the city of industry which is bordered by walnut. thats why it was so easy for the plans to go through. there are only like 15 peoplethat technically live in Industry and they all voted for it. so now walnut is pissed but really there is not much they can do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif
now p-town right off garey, that city is trash filled with crime up and down that city.

whats random is right off phillips ranch is considered pomona and it has almost $1M houses.
its not often i see phillips ranch mentioned on nt.

i taught in that neighborhood last year.

now im a street away from garey.

It is more than 20 miles away, too far from Downtown IMO. As opposed to Commerce, where it will be 8-10 miles. I know it doesn't seem likemuch of a difference, but when you factor in LA's traffic it does. Plus, Commerce is industrial, with plenty of streets with wide lanes to accomodateheavy traffic. Might as well keep the team in San Diego, the drive to this new stadium is going to be a nightmare.

Even though Commerce has never been considered a site, I would take it over City of Industry/Walnut/whatever the hell you 909'ers want to call it. Factis, that it is closer to Los Angeles, Hollywood, etc. As opposed to the "Industry" area, the only reason people go there is for the Strip Clubs, andthose are nearby. The stadium site is further East.

Los Angeles already has a football team, they are called the USC Trojans. Los Angeles has already proven to the NFL that it is just fine without it.

The Minnesota Vikings are using this LA stadium (or wherever it is) as additional "leverage" in their qwest to get a new stadium inMinneapolis....and the threats and words they choose to use have now reached comedic levels. Hopefully no one is listening. Ahhhhhh pro sports.....

Commerce makes more sense not only cause its closer but with all the open space u can build around it

why is everyone talking about commerce anyway?
laugh.gif

the point of this whole thing is that roski owns the land and everything is approved. studies have been complete and all politics is out of the way. as soon asone team says "yeah we'll move" , bulldozers will start breaking ground.

Back
Top Bottom