City's Signature Basketball Moves

I thought everybody did the "hands up" cause dudes in Philly do that alot too. I don't keep up with who did what though.

Francis
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

The very WIIIIDE DC/MD crossover. I fell victim to it once in DC at the outdoor courts near Howard U (the one near the McDonalds), so by the time I made my way to Run N Shoot in District Heights I was prepared for it.

I was like this...

supermodel-finds-it-hard-to-walk-in-high-heels.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Too funny right here..

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

LA = Flopping

Friend at UCLA told me it's on another level. Dudes itching to call foul. ANd ONE!!

FWIW UCLA is in a well-off (read: extra soft) part of town...dudes in other parks like Venice are hardnose players just like anywhere else.

FWIW UCLA is in a well-off (read: extra soft) part of town...dudes in other parks like Venice are hardnose players just like anywhere else.
THIS.

In his defense I'm thinking he is talking about when they have the pros and college players come up there and run at the open old gym.

[COLOR=#red]The in-n-out crossover dribble is a NYC staple. Not to say other places don't use it, but it's a definite bread and butter move amongst NYC guards. I've seen people try to do it, but if you don't sell it, it is an ineffective move at best. It's a dribble move that works best if it is set up with a real crossover first. Works like this...

1. Best used on the wing of your strong hand.
2. Give your defender a strong hard explosive crossover and drive to the basket
3. If you have a good defender he'll be cognizant of that last cross and possibly be ready if you try it again...that's good because that's what you want.
4. If you get him isolated again give him the in and out... you HAVE to sell it with you body EXACTLY like you were going to cross to get him leaning...then bring it back to your strong side.

You should have that peep of daylight that you need to get past him...BUT also be looking for an opportunity to dump the ball off with a simple bounce pass to an open man, because help usually comes after you leave your defender.

If your handle is right and you have even a modicum of explosiveness the guy in front of you shouldn't even matter...you should be looking and predicting what the next line of the defense may do and where an open man may be whether it's a dump pass down low, or someone setting up at the three point line...this is if there isn't a free and open lane for you to drive.

All these mental calculations must be done in split seconds and your body must react instantaneously. After awhile it comes instinctively. You can do drills all day long, but unless you can translate your skills into gametime situations then it's pretty much useless.

Yes I do teach this, yes I have been mentored myself, no I didn't make this up. yes this may help you.
[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

The very WIIIIDE DC/MD crossover. I fell victim to it once in DC at the outdoor courts near Howard U (the one near the McDonalds), so by the time I made my way to Run N Shoot in District Heights I was prepared for it.
I was like this...

supermodel-finds-it-hard-to-walk-in-high-heels.gif

roll.gif
where is this from?

Back
Top Bottom