Civic vs Fit

Lease is over on my Accord so I'm going in a bit to try out the new Civic, while I'm there I think I'll test drive the Fit cause I've seennothing but good reviews and people saying it probably drives better than the Civic. 3 year lease is most likely scenario while I'm at college (again).

My options thus far that I saw last night:

2008 Civic EX coupe (blue, sunroof, cloth, no nav but don't care)
2009 Civic LX-S sedan (dk gry, black sport seats from Si, 16" chrome, basically a cheaper car with nice aesthetics)

Fit, probably Sport model. Might not be cheaper than Civic necessarily.

I most likely will remove my system form the Accord and put it into whatever new car. I've spent the morning looking at possible stereo configs foramps/subs for the Fit. Both Civic/Fit look impossible for a new head unit but the Fit looks even more impossible for a sub.

Thoughts/experiences with new Civic vs Fit

civic drives great when i test drove it..

planning on copping an 09 or 08 sometime this month

i havent driven the new fit but i have driven the previous model and it was ok. i've driven the civic sedan and liked it a whole lot.

I was looking forward to staying at accord and get automatic but if I get either of these it'll have to be manual to get any action out of it. I'm notsold on paddle shift especially since the paddles are attached to the steering column instead of in a fixed position.

I need to consult my stereo guy is what it really is.

video is better, embedding is disabled though:

this vid makes the Fit look cheesier though. I'll probably stick to the Civic unless the test drive goes horrible.

id say get the civic, its been around so long, like decades, so you know its reliable

plus IMO hatchbacks are kinda
eyes.gif

I agree, I just couldn't ignore all the positive reviews I've heard.

It's going to be Civic, unfortunately at the same price I got my Accord at 3 years ago. Apparently it's harder to lease now.

Wow, I was in the same predicament as you.

I'm hoping to get a 2009 Civic LX-S by the end of this month.
Talk to one of the employees and they said 19,000 + tax and what not.

I was thinking about the metallic-grey.

Have you considered a pre-owned something, considering you want to spend $15K or so, you could pick up a 07-08 Si Sedan.

If not, Civic Sedan EX.

I need to lease because right now they aren't giving me good depreciation values on buying.

My parents don't want me to get a used car because of the stigma that it will have some mysterious problems that will come up. I rather use a hookup to geta 2005-07 Acura TL with a few miles on it.

The name of the game is low payments while in college so that's what it is.

Back
Top Bottom