Class of 2001 - The Most Disappointing HS Basketball Class Ever

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

• David Maxiell - Good career at Cincy...great NBA role player despite being undersized.
indifferent.gif
It's Jason, and hes a future star (yes hometeam biased)
i already got it man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

InMyMind, what's the full story on Hargett?

Dude is like an urban legend.
Basically...he and his mom were getting SERIOUS cake from a local "street agent/leech" type of dude with the understanding that he was represent Jon when he turned PRO. I'm not 100% positive on this next part but Gale Catlett (WVU coach at the time) knew all about it and other shady business going down within the program and he ended up resigning after Jon's first year. When Dale Dakich came in, he was approached by the "street agent/leech" dude and tried to regulate %@%$ about the direction of the team and Jon's agenda. Dakich dropped the dime to the Athletic Director and quit before the year even started...investigation ensues...4 dudes get kicked off the team...Jon gets banned for life. Tried to come back with Virginia Union but the NCAA denied his re-instatement. Travled as a "street baller" up and down the east coast for a while and ended up putting his name in the 05 draft and worked out for several teams but of course didn't get drafted due to his background. Ended up in the CBL...ABA...IBL one of them amateur leagues and was putting in work before the league folded. Somewhere along that time frame he sustained a major knee injury...never been heard from SINCE. None of us who played with him ever stayed in contact with him and we don't know where he is. Neither do the coaches.

good look.

Easily...it honestly was a toss up between him and Wagner in that class. Til this day...I haven't seen anyone do that !%%# I used to see Hargett pull off in games. He used to pull off some unreal !%%#.
like what?
nerd.gif

From everything I've read about Hargett, dude seemed like he could've been an All-Star in the L by now. Wasn't he built like a tank for hissize?

Rashaad Curruth was the truth at Oak Hill, gold fronts and all...Straight ATL to the bones...lights out shooter

Basically...he and his mom were getting SERIOUS cake from a local "street agent/leech" type of dude with the understanding that he was represent Jon when he turned PRO. I'm not 100% positive on this next part but Gale Catlett (WVU coach at the time) knew all about it and other shady business going down within the program and he ended up resigning after Jon's first year. When Dale Dakich came in, he was approached by the "street agent/leech" dude and tried to regulate %@%$ about the direction of the team and Jon's agenda. Dakich dropped the dime to the Athletic Director and quit before the year even started...investigation ensues...4 dudes get kicked off the team...Jon gets banned for life. Tried to come back with Virginia Union but the NCAA denied his re-instatement. Travled as a "street baller" up and down the east coast for a while and ended up putting his name in the 05 draft and worked out for several teams but of course didn't get drafted due to his background. Ended up in the CBL...ABA...IBL one of them amateur leagues and was putting in work before the league folded. Somewhere along that time frame he sustained a major knee injury...never been heard from SINCE. None of us who played with him ever stayed in contact with him and we don't know where he is. Neither do the coaches.

good look.

Easily...it honestly was a toss up between him and Wagner in that class. Til this day...I haven't seen anyone do that !%%# I used to see Hargett pull off in games. He used to pull off some unreal !%%#.
like what?
nerd.gif

As mentioned before, being at the top of the key...crossover...toss of the backboard to self dunks IN traffic...half court set and all. WinmillAlley-oops. Ridiculous crossover moves. Running off 20-30 straight points at will while being double teamed full court. Pulling up from well beyond 30 feet andhitting. Dude was ridiculous fast as well.

Wasn't he built like a tank for his size?

I honestly can't think of a single NBA point guard that had his frame. I mean there are alot of little guards in the NBA but none were quite built likehim. Jameer is pretty solid for his height but he was nowhere near Hargett. Dude had to be like 215-220 solid.

Pierre pierce gave my brother 43 when I was a freshman we still won tho
laugh.gif
..sons game was silky smooth.

As mentioned before, being at the top of the key...crossover...toss of the backboard to self dunks IN traffic...half court set and all. Winmill Alley-oops. Ridiculous crossover moves. Running off 20-30 straight points at will while being double teamed full court. Pulling up from well beyond 30 feet and hitting. Dude was ridiculous fast as well.

Sounds like Chris Quinn

yeah i remember when dude came to Union... everybody was amped cause the team already nice (ended up winning the D2 championship) but everytime I saw dude helooked mad smoked out... I know he played Pro Am ball in Richmond too but he was crazy nice

Originally Posted by dreClark

As mentioned before, being at the top of the key...crossover...toss of the backboard to self dunks IN traffic...half court set and all. Winmill Alley-oops. Ridiculous crossover moves. Running off 20-30 straight points at will while being double teamed full court. Pulling up from well beyond 30 feet and hitting. Dude was ridiculous fast as well.

Sounds like Chris Quinn

This dude Dre is trying to get me kicked out of the library...
eek.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

I remember being a freshman in HS in S.Jersey when DaJuan came through and just took over my whole gym. Plus he did it on a day where Adam Talifero camethrough (in his wheel chair, before he began to walk again) to watch the game.
I think like 2 weeks after that he put up 100pts in a game
eek.gif

bozeman was rattled with injuries since college, still in the NBDL though.
you're right - that is quite an unimpressive list.

rick rickert RD1 or #1 overall in mock drafts??, I hope it's the latter. i think he came out early as a jr too.

Dajuan Wagner - showed promise early but had the worst luck ever. Lebron James, Bad injuries and horrible illnesses killed his career.

Fixed. Dude was a straight beast, I think if the Cavs had not drafted him he would have done better in the league

/\ Lebron had nothing to do with his downfall. In fact he would have been perfect next to a young Lebron. Dude was hurt when Bron showed up. He never washealthy when Bron got there. The team that drafted him had nothing to do with his colon being removed

I don't remember Rickert being #1 in any mock drafts...

I actually was pumped when we drafted him in that 03 draft because I thought a lot of people were underrating the fact that he could be a serviceable player inthe NBA. I mean we got the dude at #55...at the time I was thinking, "What a steal!" because we all know that the 2nd round is all about finding adiamond in the rough...but anyway.

He's playing in New Zealand now...last year it looks like he averaged 20 & 11
smokin.gif
....it was in the Australia NBL though
laugh.gif

People always say to me, "when you get to the NBA, don't forget about me." Well, I should've said back, "if I don't make it to theNBA, don't you forget about me."
-Hoop Dreams

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Edelin

pimp.gif

eek.gif
that's a blast from the past...

dude wasn't there mentally....SO much talent...horrible decisions off the court tho
smh.gif

Yea really, I have never ever heard more rumors about one player then him.

I heard he got Aids, some girl pregant, beat the girl, was dealing,raped some girls.

laugh.gif
does anyone have any idea what really happened? After we won it and for about half the games next year, never heard of him again.

Back
Top Bottom