Cleaning excess paint off of jordan XI sole, and patent leather safely*PIC*

Someone said acetone on the patent will get paint off, but to me this seems way too harsh even if diluted . Anyone else have any solutions that won't eat into the leather ? Also, I can pick at the paint on the soles and it comes off with much effort, is there any solution for that specific type of sole to remove excess paint ? I got tired of taping off, and having near impoissible white cracks of midsole to fill in. Also got a bit lazy ... Hah.

Dirtys

i did this to my beaters and if i were to do it again i would use tape but when the paint got onto the sole it should come off easily unless u let it dry before fixing. i would use a q-tip and soap and water and scrub or try some nail polish remover and you're probably going to have to repaint, when u do go get some frog tape and tape it off so it will be crisp.

i did this to my beaters and if i were to do it again i would use tape but when the paint got onto the sole it should come off easily unless u let it dry before fixing. i would use a q-tip and soap and water and scrub or try some nail polish remover and you're probably going to have to repaint, when u do go get some frog tape and tape it off so it will be crisp.
These were some FACTORY B GRADES, that i was about to send back to finishline, but decided to keep anyways. The patent was all a scratches up, stitching was bad on the jump man, glue all over, precreased.... Any i have a few pairs. The problem with any tape bro is that when you remove the tape from the midsole and the sole/patent there WILL be white showing.

got screwed on the acetone.... rubbed it too fast i guess .... any tips for restoring whatever just happened? Trying some shoe polish/dye stuff now to atleast dull it down a bit.

overall u did a good job dying the soles. but dam does that white smear or mark show at a distance. i hope it comes off best of luck

overall u did a good job dying the soles. but dam does that white smear or mark show at a distance. i hope it comes off best of luck
thanks, maybe these will just be soccer shoes 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom