CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2016 NBA CHAMPIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow rough loss.

Agree we haven't hit stride yet and too early to care but this collapse at the end is alerting.

Talk about a stinger. Terrible last 4 minutes of the game.

Still not worried about Raptors in playoffs but I am worried that we have yet to click all year. Last year around this time is when we were clicking and heading in full throttle. We need a strong March.

We will be fine when it matters

Hopefully. There are periods where they look great - and other times where things are just sloppy. Hopefully when it counts some extra focus will tidy that up.

Hopefully. There are periods where they look great - and other times where things are just sloppy. Hopefully when it counts some extra focus will tidy that up.

FF's statement above covers this, MARCH THROUGH MARCH with FURY AND ANGER, continue through til end of june

dont wanna peak too early :wink:

Last edited:
How much emptier can we feel that end the end of February were getting 'golden state' blown out by a lottery team and Lebron leaves the bench! Where do we go from here?? There's gonna be no big trade, Lebron is aging as each month passes, and it looks like our only buyouts will be 10 day D league deals. Everyone is expecting golden state to finish the deed, but don't pack up for the summer and start tanking against Detroit and Wizards!! I can probably count on 1 hand the good, convincing team wins we've had this year: Heat home opener, Spurs in CLE, Clippers, and the recent OKC. Lebron has been 'meh' all year with a silent 25-5-5, and when we're not chastising him for being a shell of his athletic CLE youth or force in MIA, we've suddenly thrown all the blame from Love to Kyrie this past week, which he can't give up his Globe trotting and play like an 'all star' i.e. Kyle Lowry. Blatt's been fired, and were well into luxury tax prison the next few years. With our full team, we take the Warriors to 5 at BEST. Without Lebron- yikes!! With a HUGE lack of 2 way presence (don't know which hole is bigger from one game to the next)- we continue to struggle for an identity and the locker room woes surely continue. Who can we seriosuly rely on game after game- JR and Delly?? Will the ship continue to sink if nobody stands up and tells Lebron to stop shooting air balls from 28 feet out to gain another career highlight? Will Kyrie get benched for Delly until he learns how to pass? Or will we go off into a first-second round pouncing in early May? I would have no shame in going out the way we did last summer, especially considering the circumstances. But to not even show up, let me find a new hobby! There's still over a quarter of the season left, but I've officially lost hope with the 'turn it on at the playoffs' mantra. Sure, the Spurs, Thunder, or Clippers (LOL) can get hot in May. But how are we in any position to get thru a realistic totem pole of Chicago, then Boston, and Toronto??

Heres to hoping they can prove us wrong!!

I attended the Wizards game today... and came away so disappointed. I know LeBron did not play today, but good god, the team had no leadership on the court at all today. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tyronn Lue got outcoached by freaking Randy Wittman. Jefferson was getting absolutely KILLED by Porter and Dudley, but for some reason that I will never understand, Lue never took him out and stuck with him. And he never adjusted the lineup when Wittman put in Markieff Morris on Love as well. I'm beginning to wonder if Lue is suited to be a head coach in NBA at all.

Again, maybe it was just one game. But there's definitely a cause for concern from these latest losses. Cavs just have not been good at closing out games. The ball movement was pretty much dead. Kyrie and Love did not lead the team the way they were supposed to when LeBron sat out.

With the current state of the team, I just don't see any possibility that this team can win any game against Warriors, let alone a series. I hope they can pull it together in these last 25ish games. But my doubt is growing bigger and bigger.

We needed a tough, grind out win like that. 3 days off, hopefully we can start going on that run and figure out any issues we have.

How much emptier can we feel that end the end of February were getting 'golden state' blown out by a lottery team and Lebron leaves the bench! Where do we go from here?? There's gonna be no big trade, Lebron is aging as each month passes, and it looks like our only buyouts will be 10 day D league deals. Everyone is expecting golden state to finish the deed, but don't pack up for the summer and start tanking against Detroit and Wizards!! I can probably count on 1 hand the good, convincing team wins we've had this year: Heat home opener, Spurs in CLE, Clippers, and the recent OKC. Lebron has been 'meh' all year with a silent 25-5-5, and when we're not chastising him for being a shell of his athletic CLE youth or force in MIA, we've suddenly thrown all the blame from Love to Kyrie this past week, which he can't give up his Globe trotting and play like an 'all star' i.e. Kyle Lowry. Blatt's been fired, and were well into luxury tax prison the next few years. With our full team, we take the Warriors to 5 at BEST. Without Lebron- yikes!! With a HUGE lack of 2 way presence (don't know which hole is bigger from one game to the next)- we continue to struggle for an identity and the locker room woes surely continue. Who can we seriosuly rely on game after game- JR and Delly?? Will the ship continue to sink if nobody stands up and tells Lebron to stop shooting air balls from 28 feet out to gain another career highlight? Will Kyrie get benched for Delly until he learns how to pass? Or will we go off into a first-second round pouncing in early May? I would have no shame in going out the way we did last summer, especially considering the circumstances. But to not even show up, let me find a new hobby! There's still over a quarter of the season left, but I've officially lost hope with the 'turn it on at the playoffs' mantra. Sure, the Spurs, Thunder, or Clippers (LOL) can get hot in May. But how are we in any position to get thru a realistic totem pole of Chicago, then Boston, and Toronto??

Heres to hoping they can prove us wrong!!

Yeah I agree with you man I was extremely disappointed about how we played the last week or so. We look amazing at times, then all of a sudden its like we never played with each other and the team look so out of sync.

The lack of consistency is certainly a concern.

I attended the Wizards game today... and came away so disappointed. I know LeBron did not play today, but good god, the team had no leadership on the court at all today. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Tyronn Lue got outcoached by freaking Randy Wittman. Jefferson was getting absolutely KILLED by Porter and Dudley, but for some reason that I will never understand, Lue never took him out and stuck with him. And he never adjusted the lineup when Wittman put in Markieff Morris on Love as well. I'm beginning to wonder if Lue is suited to be a head coach in NBA at all.

Again, maybe it was just one game. But there's definitely a cause for concern from these latest losses. Cavs just have not been good at closing out games. The ball movement was pretty much dead. Kyrie and Love did not lead the team the way they were supposed to when LeBron sat out.

With the current state of the team, I just don't see any possibility that this team can win any game against Warriors, let alone a series. I hope they can pull it together in these last 25ish games. But my doubt is growing bigger and bigger.

Damn man shame you got to go and thats the team that showed up :smh:

We needed a tough, grind out win like that. 3 days off, hopefully we can start going on that run and figure out any issues we have.

Yeah last night was a big W. we needed that.

Don't know about you guys, but I honestly don't think they have "it" for a really solid playoff run. With the team last year, they never came in as favorites, but cherished the opportunities each night with the target on their back. I know it didn't click until February, and I know we'll probably finish with more wins this year. But I just feel like whatever is going on with these guys isn't fixable. Last year- LBJ and Kyrie learned to function well with each other on the floor, or each individually, whether love was the outcast or not. I'd take 2 out of 3 versus 0 out of 3, which is what we get on a fair amount of games this season. I think the only time Lebron was 'unstoppable' was his blown effort in New Orleans that led to OT, which we ended up losing anyways. I'll give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt not being '100' yet.

But why are we still learning to gel??! This is the same team we've had for over a calendar year! Sure there's been injuries, but nothing has changed with the core. I was never a Blatt fan boy by any means, but you can't tell me Lue is doing anything better to get these guys to co exist. On paper, our bench is stacked! Guys like Delly and TT are vital. Guys like RJ, Mo (when healthy), Frye are huge upgrades over Miller, Marion and the rest of the has beens from last year. That's on the coach to get them to contribute.

Whatever lebrons tweets mean, and his trip to visit his pal in south beach were intended to passive aggressively taint the club, it couldn't have come at much of a worse time. You would think that the inability to avoid GSW and Steph in the headlines would be motivation, but he's finding any reason to avoid the stakes at hand. Listening to Kyrie's interview with the press today, he stopped himself saying that they still need team bonding- this is a year and a half in! What's changed that this isn't gonna work??

I have a really, REALLY hard time believing that Boston, Toronto, or a sinking Bulls team can really beat us 4 out of 7. If so, when shhhh hits the fan, I'd rather have a youthful core of Kyrie and Love than to sell the farm for (wishfully thinking) one last attempt at maybe a max of 2 years left to get the ring for 23..

Understand what you are saying man just gotta see how it plays out.

What worries me is that a collapse can occur and wouldn't be a shock at this point and that scares the hell out of me.

Don't personally think it happens but it's in the back of my mind and it wasn't there last year.

dance wit me .....

didnt see this on any highlight reel, coulda missed it though JR TAKE A BOW !!!!!!

THAT LADY WHO HURT KEVIN LOVE IS A LOW LIFE 4 LIFE

Terrible, we just can't put together more than a 3 game stretch where we look good. 20 games left, we need to get hot now, if not, we will get bounced in the playoffs, promise you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom