Cleveland fans...who is the greatest Cleveland athlete of all time?

I just bought that new SI Cleveland sports edition. Havent read it yet, but I'm just wondering for the few on here, what your thoughts were. I rememberon the news they said Bron was #2, Jim Brown #1. Again, havent looked at it yet, about to leave for work so I dont know who the other 8 are. Bob Fellersprobably in there somewhere too. Who makes your list?

belle0215.jpg

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

henzo dont be laughing. Albert Belle is still my fav Indians player to this day. He was a beast. Off-field issues aside, he was great. I remember one game Iwent to, we were sittin by the bullpen and some fans were chanting "Joey" cause he hated it. He came out and pointed at skinny white dude and said"have you ever kissed a black!@$%" and those guys shut up real quick. Albert Belle FTW

In no particular order or seriousness:

Ozzie Newsome

Joey Belle

Bernie Kosar

Mark Price

Webster Slaughter

Clay Matthews

Larry Doby, Cleveland Indians.... Wordl Series Champion. Hall of Famer. First African American to play in the American League.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Cleveland sucks. Win something....

Thanks for that
grin.gif

I would have to go with the Chosen one LBJ. Hopefully he doesn't leave Cleveland but with the way Ferry has handled the team I wouldn't besurprised to see him in a LA, Brookylyn or NY jersey in two years.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

First African American to play in the American League.
It's a shame so many people are unaware of this. Heck, a lot of young people don't know about Jackie Robinson.

Young people? Try Vince Coleman a great baseball player in his own right. "I don't know nothing about no Jackie Robinson." SMH
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom