CLIPPERS(4-0) @ MOTOWN(3-1) 5:00 PST KTLA THE CW

mjshoefanatic

Banned
logo_lac_lg.gif

vs

200px-Detroit_Pistons_logo.png
Quote:
With a 4-0 start, the Clips are starting to turn heads in the NBA (just ask the Warriors, Sonics, Bulls, and Pacers). What has impressed me the most is the way theyve gotten it done, with a total team effort. Whether its Cat Mobley in one game, or Cassell in the next, who ever has had the hot hand, the team has tried to find them. Its been fun to watch this team try to prove the doubters wrong, however, they face their toughest challenge so far tonight in Motown.

The Detroit Pistons have been the most consistent team in the East this decade, having finished no worse than second in their division and with no fewer then 50 wins. They won a championship back in 2004, but have not been able to rekindle that same fire that brought the Pistons their first championship in 14 years. The talent has certainly gotten older, and Im not sure theyve infused enough new bodies to help cover the gaps. Does this mean the Pistons wont win 50 games this year? No. They might be a little older, but they have a line up that is to be feared. Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, and Chauncey Billups have been the four horsemen for many teams in the league as the can rip you apart both offensively and defensively.

They have gotten off to a good start (3-1) with three of the four on the road, and open the season with 11 of their first 18 away from the Motor City. Last year, Detroit struggled at home with a 26-15 record and said that they lost focus during games. With the way the Clips have been playing, any mental lapse for the Pistons will cost them. With that being said, the Clippers will need an extraordinary effort tonight with Mobley out of the line up. Cat was the teams leading scorer before he went down with a strained groin that will keep him out for at least a week. So, Id look for Al Thornton to get a little more run tonight, he came off the pine on Wednesday and scored a season/career high 13 against the Pacers after Mobley went down.

The theme for the season continues tonight for the keys: rebounds and turnovers. If the Clips can keep it one and done for the Pistons then they can get out and run. When you think about how tough Detroits defense is, you have to value each possession. If the Clippers get into a half court game, you must make sure you max out each possession with solid execution.

Who To Watch: Cassell and Billups. While I dont know if they will guard each other during the game, they are both battle-tested leaders with rings who thrive in the clutch. Billups isnt often mentioned in the same breath as Steve Nash or Jason Kidd, but hes every bit as influential in his teams success.

TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Go Clips!

This one is going to be tough. I have a feeling the Pistons are going to be a little pissed about losing to Chicago last night. They are not going to want to drop a 2nd straight on their home floor. Still, if the Clips play like they have been, I like their chances.

Just feed it to Sheed and Prince on the low block all night. Clips have no shot blocking and Sheed and Prince have a high release that nobody on the Clippers can touch.

And, as always, keep the Clips off the offensive glass and corral loose balls.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

P's better be ready to run tonight. :wink:
wink.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Game is on KTLA tonight? The only LA station they have in SD.

I might actually have to catch this game.

Nice to see that the Clips are playing well even with the injuries.
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TEAMLAKERS
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

this is gonna be al thornton's breakout game...and hopefully rip doesnt pull any @#%$ like what he did to tyrus thomas last night
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, yA diG!​

my <3 beats for the west coast..

YEP Thornton and Ross need to come up huge tonight due to the absence of Mobes. I'm praying that Powell(if RuPatt sits out) and Williams are available to help Kaveman on the boards. |I
tired.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

dont expect the same output from sheed but i havent seen the clips this year who's the starting 4? Depending on who it is sheed could go off 2 nights in a row..but i doubt it but we still should win
7MILE!!!
TEAM RAVENS​
Lewis - Scott - Stills - Suggs - Reed - Landry - McAlister - Rolle - Pryce - Ngata - Johnson​
McNair - McGahee - Green - Mason - Clayton - Heap - Ogden - Brown - Flynn - Vincent - Terry - Sams - Stover​

PROBABLE STARTERS:
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

I too think this will be Thornton's breakout game as he'll be getting plenty of minutes with Cuttino out and Patterson out/limited
TeamClippers

This should actually be a good game.

Maggette is finally showing he's a proven starter. And Thornton is great off the bench.

Clippers are the biggest surprise so far this season...

TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

I was really looking forward to this game so we could use it as barometer for us but now that Cat isnt gonna play its gonna make it even tougher. We're gonna have to play some good defense on their bigs and hopefully the Kaveman can come throgh again.
Lets get it!
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

I've been having trouble sleeping.....watching this game should help tremendously.
DETROIT BASKETBALL​
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

^yea, u cant have the pistons start losing. Then u'll have to jump off the the bandwagon :smh:
smh.gif
TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

This should be the toughest test for the Clips this season. It's been great watching their run so far.. hopefully they keep it up, but if they don't pull out the W, I hope it'll be competitive.
"DAMN!"
-Ron Simmons

Quote:
^yea, u cant have the pistons start losing. Then u'll have to jump off the the bandwagon :smh:
smh.gif

@#%$ you talking about homey? Ain't no Pistons bandwagon.....ask around, I been here since Day 1

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif

:smh:
smh.gif
DETROIT BASKETBALL
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

Quote:
PROBABLE STARTERS:

I read in the L.A. Times today that Maggette is questionable for tonight. I hope he does go, they'll definitely need his scoring without Mobley.

DDDDEEEETTTTTTTRRRRRROOOOIIIIIIITTTTTTT BBBBBBBBBBAAAASSSSSSSSKKKKKKKEEEEEEETTTTTBBBBBBAAAAAALLLLLLL
TEAM WOLVERINE
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions
GO BLUE​
Wanted sz. 8 or 8.5: Michigan Jewel AF1 Mid

clippers by 7. :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS
Childress - Claxton - Horford - Johnson - Johnson - Jones - Law - Lue
Pachulia - Smith - Stoudamire - West - Williams - Williams - Wright​

I got the Clippers by 5. Cassel is playing good.
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.​
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
I read in the L.A. Times today that Maggette is questionable for tonight. I hope he does go, they'll definitely need his scoring without Mobley.
|I
tired.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Stones will take em...how about we get a sig around here???
DETROIT LIONS
We can only go up from here​

It will definitely be a battle tonight. I was hoping it would be another undefeated vs. undefeated tonight. But Clips still has a chance, Clips beat the Bulls and Bulls beat the Pistons so we definitely have a chance. :smile:
smile.gif

TEAMDC
KINGDOMCOME
Hes weak Hes unsure of himself Hes a coward.
Clark Kent is Supermans critique on the whole human race.
SARTORIALIST

Back
Top Bottom