Closing mac lid vs putting to sleep??? VOL. Help me win this argument

I put my mac to sleep by closing the lid.... Others say you need to click on the "apple" (top left) and select "sleep"....
Are they both not the same thing?

Can't one just close the lid and the laptop go to sleep properly?

I always just close the lid. I only shut it off when I know Im not going to be using it for awhile.

i just close the lid on my laptop. occasionally if i see it running slow, ill shut it down completely or just unplug it and let the battery run all the waydown.

so many of my friends put it to sleep before they close it.
smh.gif
but whatever helps them sleep at night

it's the exact same thing...

sleeping and closing the lid.

unless you have insomniax of course.

Depending on your settings, leaving the lid open without an active window (not sure the real term) open, it'll fall asleep on it's own. If I don'tjust walk off and let it do that, I just close the lid.

closing the lid enables the "snoring" mode as I call it where the light blinks slowly. Same thing I thought.

same thing btw.

there is a point to that light people.. when its blinking it means its asleep and when its closed and its still solid it means its going to sleep and youshould wait till it begins to blink to movie it or risk damages to the disk.

if mine isnt plugged in and sometimes ill just close the lid and come back a few hours later and it will be dead. sometimes it will be perfectly fine. imconfused?????

Back
Top Bottom