Cmon China, you're better than that China vs. Georgetown Basketball

Originally Posted by Madman4life

Yo if this wouldve happened to the 1996 G-Town Hoyas Squad with Iverson, Victor Page, Junk Yard Dog Jerome Williams, Othella Harrington, Jhadi White and the crew it wouldve gotten real ugly for that Chinese squad...
Son....the Chinese had numbers.  You could put James Harrison on that team and they'd still probably get stomped out.

Wild *$% scene....and Georgetown is EXTREMELY lucky....

I'll keep my mouth shut on this one. Don't wanna hurt any feelings.

Mr. President please stay out of this.
I know the media is going to want you to comment, but just leave it alone.
Fights during basketball games happen all the time.

And yall prep school kids need to learn how to throw them hands.
Running from them and getting dropped. Dude getting stomped, after trying to run.
China 1 - U.S. 0

"It was the second time both benches emptied in physical game marred by fouls. By halftime, Bayi had 11 fouls while Georgetown had 28"

nice!

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Madman4life

Yo if this wouldve happened to the 1996 G-Town Hoyas Squad with Iverson, Victor Page, Junk Yard Dog Jerome Williams, Othella Harrington, Jhadi White and the crew it wouldve gotten real ugly for that Chinese squad...
Son....the Chinese had numbers.  You could put James Harrison on that team and they'd still probably get stomped out.

Wild *$% scene....and Georgetown is EXTREMELY lucky....
That was I was thinking the whole time while watching that. The lack of security is appalling, they were lucky not to all get knocked completely out and left on the court bleeding and $*$!

To the lames that are saying "I'm keeping my mouth shut because I will offend", what exactly do you want to say?

One Hoya got fully mounted and Chinese dude was goin in on him with ground and pound 
eek.gif

Chinese dudes pickin up chairs and tables and @%++
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Running from them and getting dropped. Dude getting stomped, after trying to run.

China 1 - U.S. 0
Give me a %$#%+$! break...I don't care how nice you are at throwing hands, there was NO way G-Town would have come out of that brawl looking like they won. 

Even if if you drop 1 or 2 Chinese players, u still gotta account for the 20 others that were on the court.  Thinking this ++%@ is like a video game or something where you can always defy the odds.  
30t6p3b.gif

Disgusting. Hopefully they get out the country ok. Apparently this is only one of a few games they are supposed to play out there. Will probably be the last.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

China 1 - U.S. 0
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 Shut yo *!* up. They were crazy outnumbered

How tough are you when you have your fans on the court helping you fight teenagers and you still feel the need to grab and throw chairs?  And how tough are your fans when they start throwing water bottles at em from a distance?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

To the lames that are saying "I'm keeping my mouth shut because I will offend", what exactly do you want to say?
Yes, let's hear it.

You're grown men who fight for the military and you acting like thugs.

Shame.

On a side note, this kinda thing happens all the time in the philippines. LOL

It's a shame that this happened in a meaningless exhibition but people are overreacting. It was a fight and it's not like it's never happened in basketball.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

It's a shame that this happened in a meaningless exhibition but people are overreacting. It was a fight and it's not like it's never happened in basketball.

Obviously fights have happened in b-ball, but it's the SITUATION that G-Town was in which makes this different.  I don't think people are really comprehending how lucky they were to get out of there relatively unharmed.  Things could have turned out much worse. 

From the video though, it looks like the Chinese team was responsible for escalating it and turning it into a brawl. Reading the article too, it seems like they were out there looking to start trouble even before the brawl started.
It also looks like none of the Chinese players even attempted to make peace and none of them were holding each other back; they were all swinging and looking to fight.

Georgetown is very lucky like DoubleJs said...the crowd easily could have gotten involved and turned it into an all-out brawl if they didn't leave quick enough. They would have been severely outnumbered...goes without saying, but China can wave bye-bye to their chances of getting a US team to play an exhibition with them anytime soon...

Hoyas had 28 fouls by half-time......in an exhibition game. 28 fouls in 20 minutes??

They got what they deserved!
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom