CNN’s Don Lemon on Gun Control: Should We Start Profiling White Men?

Discussion in 'General' started by smangalang, Dec 27, 2012.

1. smangalang

smangalang

CNN’s Don Lemon on Gun Control: Should We Start Profiling White Men?

Real Clear Politics, December 23, 2012

CNN’s Don Lemon discusses the possibility of profiling white men in an attempt to prevent gun violence and decrease the amount of mass shootings. Lemon argues that white males between the ages of 18 and 25 were behind nearly all recent mass killings.

2. cartune

cartune

YUP

ricky409 likes this.
  3. frank mucus

frank mucus

LMAO @ MJ with da halo

4. dajoka004

dajoka004

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. goldenchild9

goldenchild9

Was waiting for this convo to pop up and all of the inevitable jimmie rustling that will take place because of it....

6. bandit country

bandit country

there aren't many white people on here anymore, though

7. jbpkickz

jbpkickz

:lol somebodys gonna come in here all like

8. dropten

dropten

They like to shoot up schools and kill their families cause they lost their job and cant pay the mortgage. Profile them, like how they profile every negro with a hoody

9. jhawk826

jhawk826

10. jay-mula 23

jay-mula 23

That would be a good question to explore.

11. daytona 5000

daytona 5000

*Alonzo Mourning gif*

va757va likes this.
  12. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

What homeboy was saying is the truth.

13. ootherocoo

ootherocoo

Everything in america always boils down to race.....EVERYTHING!

14. thecoldest343

thecoldest343

I'm finally glad someone hinted at the idea of actually doing what is normally done when something tragic happens in this country.It should of been suggested years ago,right after the Oklahoma bombing,which alot of American's like to look-over,when it comes to talking about terrorism.While some are made to beleive that we'er in a war with muslim's,arab's and certain group's that despises the very basic principles that this country stands on,FREEDOM!.That's the furthest from the truth,did it every occur to anyone that if some group is mad at AMERICA,it's probably do to what has been done to them by American because you can go back in history and even up to this present day,where we've embedded our influence,willingly or unwillingly in other countries for our own personal gain.
    That's another subject at hand but while we'er searching for the evil's that has been done to our nation,we have pockets of cancers that are rapidly growing here that we don't take care of and at times that cancer kills.

The media,experts,sociologist,..ect,have tried to put the blame off on something,someone and intentionally avoided talking about the real problem and that is white males between a certain age group and their propensity for acts of mass violence .
    Should we start profile white males of a certain age?Yes we should,why not?we profile everyone else,as wrong as some like to proclaim it to be,it still happens and people turn a blind eye to it.I dare someone to say," Profiling is wrong" because it wasn't wrong when black male's in NewYork were subjected to the "stop and frisk" rule,which clearly violated people's civil-rights but they didn't care,they wanted to do something, to make it look like they were trying to curve the rising violence.

I'm not saying that the authorities should just stake-out white males nor Rodney King anyone but they should set a standard of certain behaviors,characteristics and activitys that will alert them to certain white individual's that maybe up to no good.
    A great place to start is with those people that fall under the lable of "Doomsday preppers",I see more red-flag with some of them than I do at a sport's event.Let's not forget that the Newtown School shooter's mother was said to be one of those "Doomsday preppers" that's the reason why the shooter had access to the gun's he used in the shooting.

I'm not holding my breath for something this to happen,it probably won't but I appreciate and applaud anyone who has the balls to suggest such a thing television,period because it might just save some live's and at this point it's a better suggestion than what the spokes person for the NRA had to say,what some representives has suggested;video games.music.movies.

goldenchild9, jehul and jordanxi45 like this.
  15. boris

boris

I hate to be cliché, but two wrongs don't make a right. 

16. PLVN

PLVN

Profiling works.

17. david bowman

david bowman

If the gun is legal profiling won't help. Can't keep a spy on every white teen who owns a gun because everything is legal until he starts going on a rampage.

18. iblink

iblink

I would love to hear someone dispute this.

19. bleach

bleach

walking down the street is legal too, doesnt stop people from getting searched/harassed

goldenchild9 and beh235 like this.
  20. fantastic4our

fantastic4our

I posted an article like this in the Sandy Hook thread, but like 90+% of school shootings have been committed by young, white males from suburban areas. It can't be mere coincidence. I'll look for the article.

edit: Not the one I was looking before but this was a good one as well

http://www.examiner.com/article/connecticut-shooting-white-males-and-mass-murder

author is a white male btw

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    dropten and smangalang like this.