CNN’s Don Lemon on Gun Control: Should We Start Profiling White Men?

Personally, and I know that it would not happen, but I think that Black people and other minority groups, along with Jews, should get together, then start our own NRA. 

I guarantee that there would be a big shift with gun laws, if this were to happen.

Last edited:
Only a fool would deny racial profiling exists and is unjust to any man or woman. People should be calling for an end to it and not for more of it.

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. -Thomas Jefferson

THIS x 1000

Cant people see the media is using this issue to turn people against each other and further restrict our rights :smh: I swear... sometimes it seems people would rather work toward making someone else's life worse than trying to improve their own situation.

Profiling as a whole needs to be stopped... Taking the vindictive side of "well... Im getting profiled already so everyone else should be profiled be too" is only going to make it more acceptable/easier for minority's to be profiled and abused by the system.
I feel like alot of you are talking purely out of spite rather than really trying to improve this issue as a whole.

Last edited:
I feel like alot of you are talking purely out of spite rather than really trying to improve this issue as a whole.

Agreed. "Urban minorities are profiled by law enforcement, so why don't we profile suburban whites so they know how we feel." Brilliant logic :smh:

How about end it altogether? Profiling as a whole is unethical. Use this as a means to tackle racial profiling, not further oppress groups.

Last edited:
Surprised he is "allowed" to even say something like that.

Word, but at the same time he might be playing his part perfectly.

And White men have already been profiled as terrorist. Just not so much as to make it common speak in our media like muslim extremist or brown urban youth.

It's just that people that are now trying to engage in debates that have been going on for years. Recent events have forced a larger more docile segment of the populace into current events hence the fact they want to spark "new debates".

These people have just started watching the news since it has converted largely to a pop culture item so they now have the impression that they are being informed and have enough sway to make commentary and social discourse about things they would normally point tin foil hats too.

symptoms of living in bubbles.

Last edited:

Agreed. "Urban minorities are profiled by law enforcement, so why don't we profile suburban whites so they know how we feel." Brilliant logic :smh:

How about end it altogether? Profiling as a whole is unethical. Use this as a means to tackle racial profiling, not further oppress groups.
I kinda think that's the point that's being made here. He's just being facetious to prove a point.

I think this discussion went over a lot of heads in here. He's not arguing for racial profiling, he's bringing up the point that this kind of thing never happens on issues where whites are the majority. That's a discussion that should definitely be had because it pokes holes in the whole argument for racial profiling.

Last edited:
we should be profiling EVERYONE . . . everyone should be treated the same.

I LOVE Don Lemon . . . he's a minority AND out of the closet so he's get crapped on double, but he's still successful . . .

Last edited:
we should be profiling EVERYONE . . .

Honestly everyone is profiled by the internet now. They got more data points and metrics on us than we care to know about ourselves or would ever even consider thinking about.

All this "race wars" stuff is old and tired yet hard to let go at the same time. It's been a cash cow.

As soon as minorities have as many guns, legally, as white people, the laws of ownership will change. That will be the only time that there will be a ban on weapons.

We get our own NRA, watch how quickly the white NRA will want to comply.

They, only understand fear. 

Last edited:
we should be profiling EVERYONE . . .

Ummm... not sure if srs.

I do believe this is still America... we should be profiling NO ONE . . .

Not black people... not white people... not asians... not mexicans... NOT ANYONE

Profiling is illegal in many jurisdictions and should be illegal everywhere.

People need to focus on eliminating profiling entirely and realize no matter what race you are profiling hurts everyone and should not be tolerated in any scenario regardless of race.

Last edited:
Cant people see the media is using this issue to turn people against each other and further restrict our rights :smh: I swear... sometimes it seems people would rather work toward making someone else's life worse than trying to improve their own situation..
This is one of the few real things said in this thread.

How do some of you propose we do a better job of tracking these white people? The stupid ones are already getting caught. The smart ones are executing their plans with ease. How was the collective community supposed to catch Lanza before he killed? I haven't seen anything suggesting that anyone knew of his plans. How were you going to stop what he did by profiling him?

Profiling is a total waste of time and money and a threat to our basic rights. It's sad to see some of you advocating for it out of spite.

Why does race always have to play an issue? Everybody should be profiled regardless of skin color.

Recently this white guy got fired from my job. It was weird hearing a lot of folks asking if he was capable of "going postal". I think it had more to do with dude having aspergers than anything...

Profiling is a total waste of time and money and a threat to our basic rights. It's sad to see some of you advocating for it out of spite.

C/S.

Nothing to do with race, but I was coming out of a pizza shop with two friends, male and female. We had just grubbed out something serious. As I'm pulling away, I see the *blues* come on behind me. Cops proceed to make my friends and I get out of the car, pat us down, and thoroughly search my car top to bottom, finding absolutely nothing. Their reasoning: "we saw smoke in coming from your car and we've had complaints of kids smoking marijuana behind that pizza shop..." (my friend was smoking a damn cigarette :smh:)

This was back in 2005. I was wearing a headband and the cop pulled it back and flicked my head like a rubber band while he was searching me. They were rude about it the whole time, until they discovered nothing during their "search" and I asked for their names. Then they were all "oh what did you guys have to eat, I hear they have good subs..." Pleassssse.

Classic case of profiling, even though it had nothing to do with race. Three teens/young adults, I was wearing a Johnny Unitis M&N and a headband, cops probably took me for a thug or something. Their PC was minimal at best. Can't stand when cops go fishing off a "hunch" and irrelevant evidence. Completely unethical.

It's funny on this board when the mirror gets held in front of white people...ya'll start with the whole "the media is trying to turn us against each other " diatribe.

As if you yourselves haven't played a huge hand in that already...

the one thing I've learned is that when white people get frustrated with the system, they tend to get organized and push for reform / change . . . us minorities just get angry and vent 8)

Back
Top Bottom