Co-Habitation With Your Significant Other.

Anyone ever done this?

I think it's easy enough if it's an apartment. It's kinda tricky if it's a home though.

What are some ground rules to live by if you're going to be doing this?

What are your thoughts on how the finances should work? Consider, for instance, this scenario:

Partner A owns a home and partner B is supposed to move in? Should the mortgage be split 50/50, or should partner B be exempted from having to pay considering (s)he has no equity stake in the home? If partner B does move in, and down the line, the home requires some kind of expensive maintenance (boiler-heater system/foundation issues, etc) must partner B contribute funds towards the fix? Again, even if his/her name is not on the deed of the home?

The splitting of food and utilities seems easy enough, it's the case of the mortgage that I find interesting.

What are your creative solutions to this 1st world problem?...:lol:

Talk abiut all that before she moves in. Let her know when your ready for sexy time she has to follow your command. Homeade tortillas are a must.

Your house, your water heater breaks and you want HER to pay. Bruh, if she a real one then askin is out the question. Just ask for her to pitch in, not a certain dollar amount.

Anoyher thing, makw sure your weiner is big eniugh to get her to want to cook in high heels.

She's living there, she pays half of the mortgage and gets a few of the bills. Simple as that.

Will never live with a woman I'm not married to. Tried it for 3 months and kicked her out. It is what it is.

Will never live with a woman I'm not married to. Tried it for 3 months and kicked her out. It is what it is.

It's good you figured out you were not compatible before saying your I do's.

I actually think it's a good idea to live with your prospective life partner before getting hitched. Dating is one thing...when you each have your own space. Living with someone is a COMPLETELY different beast and will either make/break yall.

Been living with my girl over a year. It's been amazing the whole time. We splint rent and utilities/services, but I pay for the food/dates/alcohol, most of the time.

She takes care of the 'ndo

It's good you figured out you were not compatible before saying your I do's.

I actually think it's a good idea to live with your prospective life partner before getting hitched. Dating is one thing...when you each have your own space. Living with someone is a COMPLETELY different beast and will either make/break yall.

Most definitely. Living with someone requires so much sacrifice and patience. After a couple of months women and men get complacent and comfortable and that's when the tests begin.

To me a woman's who's worth it I might as well shack up with and marry. Good luck out here brehs it's hard to find a good one.

Anyone ever done this?

I think it's easy enough if it's an apartment. It's kinda tricky if it's a home though.

What are some ground rules to live by if you're going to be doing this?

What are your thoughts on how the finances should work? Consider, for instance, this scenario:

Partner A owns a home and partner B is supposed to move in? Should the mortgage be split 50/50, or should partner B be exempted from having to pay considering (s)he has no equity stake in the home? If partner B does move in, and down the line, the home requires some kind of expensive maintenance (boiler-heater system/foundation issues, etc) must partner B contribute funds towards the fix? Again, even if his/her name is not on the deed of the home?

The splitting of food and utilities seems easy enough, it's the case of the mortgage that I find interesting.

What are your creative solutions to this 1st world problem?...
laugh.gif

Sounds like they should be married. A home is an investment. If you are the sole proprietor, then it all falls on you. Even with a gf/bf. If **** goes sideways, your name is on the deed and it's not shared, and the person who isn't on the deed that put money to the house loses out because their name isn't on the deed and they have no legal right to anything. It can get messy and people will have emotion. Food and utilities are easy yeah, but the person not on the deed doesn't have real legal incetive to contribute to home repairs. 

Was the person renting an apt prior to moving into the home?
Unless they had plans of buying a house in the immediate future I don't see the difference between paying rent to a landlord or paying rent to the dude she smashing.

Determine proportions on income.

Ex: mam makes 100, woman makes 50

Man = 66% of bills
Woman = 33% of bills

When buying an asset, pay those same splits in the form of equity.

Determine before you buy the aasset, in on the event of separation, the asset must be sold and profits split 50/50, or the exiting spouse gets half of total profits in a buyout fashion.

I tell my young ****** all the time to NOT move in with your S/O

I really believe in "horse behind the carriage" thought process.

Same with kids.

I've lived it and seen it too many times
mean.gif

I've considered making a new acct and making a thread about my life with a woman.
I live a double life and have nobody to talk to about it.

women are messy as hell

nah depends

my current gf and my ex are like.........very neat

I've found that women with high level of personal hygiene usually have pride in being clean with their cars and homes........

i never wifed up messy woman........if a lady has dirty car...........her ***** prob smells

Last edited:
nah depends

my current gf and my ex are like.........very neat

I've found that women with high level of personal hygiene usually have pride in being clean with their cars and homes........
********!

Closets and bathrooms be ******!
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom