Coast Guard searching for missing boat with NFL players

this is one of the saddest things ive heard in a minute. maybe more so because they are nfl players that worked their !@* off to get this far in life and thenhave it all go down the drain on vacation
frown.gif
just sad man... very very sad
frown.gif

aww man im hoping everyone gets found but damn they have mad sharks on the florida coast

life jackets or not their floating fish food.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

this is one of the saddest things ive heard in a minute. maybe more so because they are nfl players that worked their !@* off to get this far in life and then have it all go down the drain on vacation
frown.gif
just sad man... very very sad
frown.gif
truth, very sad story
frown.gif

let's keep hope that it turns out ok
frown.gif

Anybody heard or read anything new? I don't mean to sound pessimistic but the longer it goes, the less likely it is they're alive for a lot of reasons.On the other hand, if any of them are found alive at this point, it would be absolutely incredible.

I hope everything turns out OK, but like ddot said, the longer it goes the less likely it is that they are alive. I'm curious as to how all of them gotseparated from the boat after it flipped? I guess according to the dude who was saved, they all swam and got the life jackets after the boat flipped. Sad, Sadstory....

NFL players still missing, did have life vests on Save Email Print

Posted: 1:29 PM Mar 3, 2009
Last Updated: 1:29 PM Mar 3, 2009
Reporter: Associated Press
A | A | A
Tuesday March 3, 2009

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- The Coast Guard says four men, including two NFL players, put on their life vests after their boat overturned in the Gulf of Mexico.

The ocean search for Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, free-agent defensive lineman Corey Smith and former University of South Florida player William Bleakley entered its third day Tuesday.

Capt. Timothy Close says the lone man rescued so far, Nick Schuyler, told interviewers that the boat capsized as the four friends were pulling up the anchor Saturday evening.

They swam under the boat and were able to recover their life vests. They stayed together for some time and it remains unclear when and how they got separated. The Coast Guard rescued Schuyler Monday after they found him clinging to the hull of the boat.

i really hope they find them...

i was hearing on the radio how the only survivor(so far) was holding on for so long...was that he didn't want to see his moms at his funeral
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

I smell something fishy

wife didn't even seem worried.
i was thinking the same thing about the wifes reaction, she didn't seem stressed, sad, worried or any of those feelings.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

I smell something fishy

wife didn't even seem worried.
i was thinking the same thing about the wifes reaction, she didn't seem stressed, sad, worried or any of those feelings.
indifferent.gif

People react differently to things you know.

take your stoneface and shove it up your rectum.

look at her reaction, im sure shes worried and sad on the inside but she sort of had this blank look in her face.

either way this is a horrible tragedy and hopefully a miracle can happen.

Sadly, I don't think they're alive anymore
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
. It's been far to long
smh.gif
. I hope to God up in heaven that I'm wrong.The father of one of the players is saying the same thing

Can you imagine what they are/were going through
frown.gif
? I'm neverwatching Open Water ever again in my life.

NFL player's father: Hopes are waning of finding more survivors

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- The families of two NFL players and a third man lost at sea watched the third day of searching Tuesday, with odds stacking againsttheir hope the Coast Guard could still find survivors in a chilly sea.

Bruce Cooper, the father of Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper, 26, said the Coast Guard told him privately that officials were losing hope because ofthe time that has passed and the possibility them men would be suffering from hypothermia.

But free-agent lineman Corey Smith's sister, Yolanda Newbill, said they were still hearing otherwise.

"That is not what is being communicated to us," she said, adding that the family is still "definitely optimistic." Crews were alsosearching for 25-year-old William Bleakley, a former South Florida player also on the fishing trip Saturday when the boat capsized in rough seas.

Conditions had improved for two Coast Guard aircraft and three cutters. The crews were following a southern drift pattern in 1- to 3-foot seas. The Coast Guardfound a dark jacket floating in the water several miles from the boat. There was no name on it, but Coast Guard Capt. Timothy M. Close said investigatorsassume it is related to the case.

Things were beginning to look more grim for the three still lost. Hypothermia can set in after 18 hours in 64-degree water, and Gulf of Mexico temperatureswere in the mid- to upper-60s.

Working in the men's favor are their size and physical condition. Smith, 29, is 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds; Cooper is 6-foot-3, 230 pounds and Bleakley is aformer tight end and current physical trainer.

damn, I cant even imagine being out in open water for that long without proper equipment.

Have any of you watched "open water" Any little cut and its a wrap.

damn they find a life jacket or coller floating in the water

coast guard going to call of the search tonight

frown.gif

Such a sad story.. My prayers and condolences go out to the families of everyone.. I'd be angry that the Coast Guard is calling off the search, but thenagain I understand why.. If they can find a life jacket and cooler, it gives me a little more hope that they MIGHT be able to find something within the nexttwo hours.. If they aren't found, may they rest in peace eternally.. --I'd like to hear what the rescued victim has to say about what happened, what itwas like, how he survived, how they got separated etc etc... once he's capable of talking with the media outlets..

This is an extremely sad story....

but the first thing I thought of when I heard it was....

%$+ are you doing in a 21 foot long boat 50 miles out into the ocean?

Getting on a boat that small and going into the ocean is asking for trouble. You need a 30 footer at least.

In memory of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley I'm signing off @ 6:30 p.m. and leaving an
frown.gif
posted at that time.

Sad, sad day

Back
Top Bottom