Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
0EC04B50-C4CA-4BA7-8274-EB12E7FCC722.jpeg

“You should do what you feel. That’s whats supposed to be great about being in America, you do what you feel,” said Cube. “You don’t have to be in lock step with anybody. Not the community, not with the coach, not the owner. You do what you feel. And when you do that, sometimes you gotta let the chips fall where they may and live with your decision.”

Prescott’s statements came shortly after Dallas Cowboy owner Jerry Jones said his team will have to stand for the anthem no matter what. Then days later, Jones praised Prescott for his stance on the issue and said he was proud of him.

Afterwards, people blasted the quarterback even more.

But Ice Cube said Prescott shouldn’t be accused of simply following Jones’ rules, because he’s always felt the same.

“From what I understand, looking at this situation, he felt this way before,” explained Cube. “This is not a new position. [Prescott] is not taking this position because the owner takes his position. What I think he’s doing is what everybody should probably do, is make a decision and live with that and roll with that. At a certain point, it becomes everybody else’s problem. Not his. It’s only his problem if he allows it to be; if he allows somebody to change his position. You gotta live with the decision.”

Ehhh, it's just a non-statement statement by Cube. He's just saying that people should be free to say what they want, people are free to criticize them and the chips will fall where they may. I don't see an issue with it tbh.

He's not defending Dak's comments just his right to say it.

If I were a talk show host, I would have these dudes on set, and as they walk in, play the most anti-police, anti-WS in their lyrical repertoire. Then dare them to walk out.

He's not defending Dak's comments just his right to say it.
I get that, but Cube must be aware of how it's going to resonate, especially when we know what his raps used to be about.

The thing that gets me is that these dudes (Cube, Kanye) made millions off telling Black folks to rise up against the powers that be, to demand respect, and to take action. Now that many are walking their talk, they wanna be on some "do what you want, think for yourself" ****. It's disappointing.

If I were a talk show host, I would have these dudes on set, and as they walk in, play the most anti-police, anti-WS in their lyrical repertoire. Then dare them to walk out.

I get that, but Cube must be aware of how it's going to resonate, especially when we know what his raps used to be about.
Not Cube's fault if people only read headlines and not the actual substance of his words.

Cube was on Uninterrupted this morning and explained his position a little better. He basically said that Dak shouldn’t change his position on kneeling now since he said that he stands for the anthem in 2016. Jerry Jones made it worse with the whole toe the line thing and kinda put Dak in a bad spot. Not that he agrees with Dak, but he feels he shouldn’t have to change his opinion because people don’t like it. Shannon agreed but added that Dak shouldn’t be telling other players that they shouldn’t do it. Still is disappointing to hear Cube say F the people that disagree with Dak though considering his body of work as a rapper.

Cube was on Uninterrupted this morning and explained his position a little better. He basically said that Dak shouldn’t change his position on kneeling now since he said that he stands for the anthem in 2016. Jerry Jones made it worse with the whole toe the line thing and kinda put Dak in a bad spot. Not that he agrees with Dak, but he feels he shouldn’t have to change his opinion because people don’t like it. Shannon agreed but added that Dak shouldn’t be telling other players that they shouldn’t do it. Still is disappointing to hear Cube say F the people that disagree with Dak though considering his body of work as a rapper.

Its the same thing he said as a rapper. One other thing you gotta consider is that while Cube's message in his music was for the cause, he personally went through HELL for his right to express that message. There's little confusion in my mind why he would approach it from a freedom of speech P.O.V. as opposed to a "I agree/don't agree" view.

Young Girl, Reprimanded for Taking a Knee During Pledge, Gets Endorsement From Hillary Clinton

screen-shot-2018-08-15-at-3-08-28-pm.png

Mariana Taylor, 11, received support via a tweet from Hillary Clinton after she spoke out about kneeling during the Pledge of Allegiance -- an act that got her reprimanded by a teacher.
CBS BALTIMORE

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marian...otest-baltimore-gets-hillary-clinton-support/

Inspired by banished NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, Baltimore middle schooler Mariana Taylor, 11, wanted to protest sexism and racism in America by taking a knee, an act that wasn't well received by her teacher. In February, as Taylor began kneeling during the Pledge of Allegiance, the instructor reprimanded her in front of the class, saying she was required to stand. The confrontation left Taylor in tears.

"Mariana became upset right then and there. She was allowed to leave the classroom upset, the teacher did not suggest any kind of support that she go to the guidance counselor. It wasn't until her second teacher could not calm her down that she was supportive of Mariana," Mariana's mother, Joanne Taylor, told CBS Baltimore.

The incident caught the attention of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in May and now, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who expressed support for the girl.
It takes courage to exercise your right to protest injustice, especially when you’re 11! Keep up the good work Mariana.https://t.co/vnGheuWyJ0

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) August 15, 2018
"It takes courage to exercise your right to protest injustice, especially when you're 11! Keep up the good work Mariana," Clinton wrote in a tweet Wednesday, highlighting a NowThis video that features Taylor recently testifying before a school board on July 10.

Clinton's tweet comes at a time where President Trump has reignited criticism toward NFL players who don't stand for the national anthem, suggesting threats of suspension for their acts. Dozens of players over the last two seasons have sat, locked arms or kneeled during the anthem as form of protest against racial inequality and police brutality.

In the video, Taylor defends her actions by citing a nearly half-century Supreme Court case called Tinker v. Des Moines.

"It is in my rights to be allowed to kneel ... students are allowed to take stands as long as it's not disruptive to the classroom, and I feel that my confrontation was more disruptive than kneeling itself," she said. "And we need this policy change so other kids don't go what I went through."

The ACLU said the Supreme Court has already established that students and teachers do not lose First Amendment rights when they enter a school. The organization is now putting pressure on the school system to review its policies.

"The ACLU urges Baltimore County and all Maryland schools to review and update their policies to honor respectful student activism in the future, like silently 'taking a knee' during the Pledge of Allegiance," said Jay Jimenez, a legal associate for the ACLU of Maryland.

Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS) told CBS Baltimore in May that they weren't aware of any punishment handed down to Taylor or any other student protesting the pledge.

"We know of no BCPS student who has been reprimanded or punished for non-participation in patriotic observances," BCPS said. "We fully support students' rights and encourage student voice as articulated in board policy."

Back
Top Bottom