Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know what would be great? To actually get Colin Kaepernick's opinion on the matter. Seems like everyone is doing the talking for him...

Even when he was playing, he was usually really brief and gave real short answers when dealing with the media in postgame questions and what have you. I remember seeing the San Francisco media getting annoyed with him about that back in 2014 or so. They nitpicked the hell out of that and the team in general that season.

Aside from tweets and Instagram posts, he’s been a man of few words over the last few years. I’m sure it’s intentional on his end and he has his reasons.

Him owing people an explanation or opinion and speaking on stuff himself is debatable. Personally I don’t think he owes anyone anything in terms of speaking publicly, but I do think it would allow him to control the narrative more so than Eric Reid and his girl speaking on his behalf if he spoke out or gave some type of statement.

I’m thinking he can’t go into depth about the nfl, but I’m sure everything else is fair game. He did make that post talking about 800 something days without work the other day.

But even before the settlement, he never really made many statements or spoke much. I get it though, because sometimes saying less does more talking wise, but at the same time it’s practical to control the narrative as well.

Last edited:
Even when he was playing, he was usually really brief and gave real short answers when dealing with the media in postgame questions and what have you. I remember seeing the San Francisco media getting annoyed with him about that back in 2014 or so. They nitpicked the hell out of that and the team in general that season.

Aside from tweets and Instagram posts, he’s been a man of few words over the last few years. I’m sure it’s intentional on his end and he has his reasons.

Him owing people an explanation or opinion and speaking on stuff himself is debatable. Personally I don’t think he owes anyone anything in terms of speaking publicly, but I do think it would allow him to control the narrative more so than Eric Reid and his girl speaking on his behalf if he spoke out or gave some type of statement.

although I agree with your post, I think a lot of people want more from him. they want him to speak out. he wanted all this attention brought to police brutality and has been quiet since he was out of a job. social injustice isn't something you dip your toe in the pool with, you have to dive right on in IMHO. either you are in or you are out. I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with. some people like to draw parallels with him and ali. ali was very outspoken. there wasn't anything he left for interpretation he was always about talk and action. a lot of people are putting him on this pedestal with his name and he is staying quiet.

although I agree with your post, I think a lot of people want more from him. they want him to speak out. he wanted all this attention brought to police brutality and has been quiet since he was out of a job. social injustice isn't something you dip your toe in the pool with, you have to dive right on in IMHO. either you are in or you are out. I think that's what a lot of people have a problem with. some people like to draw parallels with him and ali. ali was very outspoken. there wasn't anything he left for interpretation he was always about talk and action. a lot of people are putting him on this pedestal with his name and he is staying quiet.

I get everything you’re saying completely and I agree with a lot of it. From an activism perspective, anyone who has engaged in that has had different approaches. Just because someone speaks out or tries to make a difference, it doesn’t mean they aren’t flawed or that they’re perfect. He chooses to not say much, decline tv interviews where he could articulate himself to a large audience etc and I’m sure he has his reasons. But everything you’re saying is spot on as well.

From the speaking out perspective. He did touch on why he was kneeling back during the 2016 season, but he really never was the outspoken type. Ultimately he’s not playing football anymore because of the stance he took so even if he’s not speaking much and staying quiet, it was ballsy on his end to do what he did.

I highly doubt the validity of that though. I know supposedly the Ravens were going to sign him before his girl said the stuff about Ray Lewis and the owner, but that was more the Ravens trying to save face. What his girl says has nothing to do with him. Hell Brent Grimes wife has been bashing her husbands teammates and coaches for years now on various different teams and they’ve tolerated the distraction.

If it’s going off strictly skills related stuff, Nathan Perriman is still in the league playing quarterback so that one goes out the window. If it’s about distractions, Richie Incogntio is still in the league. The national anthem Trumps all other distractions in the business that’s the NFL.

Kap's silence could be tied into the NDA he signed when he got his NFL settlement. I didn't realize he had one until someone mentioned it on social media.

I don't think he (Kap) owes anyone anything, but his girl is doing A LOT of talking.

Kap's silence could be tied into the NDA he signed when he got his NFL settlement. I didn't realize he had one until someone mentioned it on social media.

I don't think he (Kap) owes anyone anything, but his girl is doing A LOT of talking.

That’s most likely the case. But aside from tweets and ig posts, he was relatively quiet before the settlement as well. Even before he started kneeling and even during the 2016 season when he was, he’s never been an outspoken person who says much publicly or to the media.

That’s fine, but he has attracted a lot of attention due to the kneeling and the lawsuit against the NFL. And while it has raised awareness and attention to said issues to where it’s made an impact.

His silence at times does make it hard to gauge his opinion on things and how his opinion has changed or not changed since 2016. When the Travis Scott stuff happened during he Super Bowl, and the current Jay-Z stuff, it’s either been Nessa or Eric Reid doing the talking being critical of other people and while they’re within reason to say what they feel, you can argue the message would resonate better if it came directly from him himself.

As for the NDA, while I doubt he could talk much about the NFL, I’d assume police brutality and anything not related to that lawsuit would be fair game for him to publicly speak on and elaborate on if he chose to.

That’s most likely the case. But aside from tweets and ig posts, he was relatively quiet before the settlement as well. Even before he started kneeling and even during the 2016 season when he was, he’s never been an outspoken person who says much publicly or to the media.

That’s fine, but he has attracted a lot of attention due to the kneeling and the lawsuit against the NFL. And while it has raised awareness and attention to said issues to where it’s made an impact.

His silence at times does make it hard to gauge his opinion on things and how his opinion has changed or not changed since 2016. When the Travis Scott stuff happened during he Super Bowl, and the current Jay-Z stuff, it’s either been Nessa or Eric Reid doing the talking being critical of other people and while they’re within reason to say what they feel, you can argue the message would resonate better if it came directly from him himself.

As for the NDA, while I doubt he could talk much about the NFL, I’d assume police brutality and anything not related to that lawsuit would be fair game for him to publicly speak on and elaborate on if he chose to.

Oh, no doubt....it's just that he probably can't say anything about the NFL or any business dealings with the league. Social justice by way of bringing more awareness about police brutality, etc. is fair game.

Random...had no clue Nessa was Aldon Smith's GF before Kap.

Oh, no doubt....it's just that he probably can't say anything about the NFL or any business dealings with the league. Social justice by way of bringing more awareness about police brutality, etc. is fair game.

Random...had no clue Nessa was Aldon Smith's GF before Kap.

There was talk about a fight between the two players back in 2015 because of that. I remember that because it was right after the 49ers had a horrible offseason, lost Harbaugh, a bunch of players either got cut or retired and Aldon Smith got in trouble once again that offseason and got cut.

Funny thing bout this conversation is that racial injustice is no longer discussed as a possibility, but rather a fact if life for minorities. These owners and pr firms been trying to tell us racism been over.

Back
Top Bottom