Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
This right here.....
mp,370x410,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,420x460,f8f8f8.3u5.jpg
... began right here in the United States, create by the descendants of slaves. That symbol at one time, became the symbol of unity all around the world for people of color. All people that were about freedom? Were down with it.

Somewhere along the way, the newer immigrants who did not want to be seen as troublesome, began to reject the symbol. They just wanted to be accepted and then be considered good american citizens, so they would not get deported. This is how and why the I Am Not Black game is played in america.

Do not be seen as the trouble maker, just keep your head down, and be a good citizen. You'll be rewarded by being called a good american.

This right here.....
mp,370x410,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,420x460,f8f8f8.3u5.jpg
... began right here in the United States, create by the descendants of slaves. That symbol at one time, became the symbol of unity all around the world for people of color. All people that were about freedom? Were down with it.

Somewhere along the way, the newer immigrants who did not want to be seen as troublesome, began to reject the symbol. They just wanted to be accepted and then be considered good american citizens, so they would not get deported. This is how and why the I Am Not Black game is played in america.

Do not be seen as the trouble maker, just keep your head down, and be a good citizen. You'll be rewarded by being called a good american.
I'm filipino. Brown/Yellow skin. I'll throw my fists up every damb day

They're no longer synonymous as more and more 1st gen and successive immigrants have a larger presence in this country

da more immigrants more than likely census will classify in brand new categories that was already going to happen with Obama administration.

also, just because jesse Jackson pushed the term African American on black ppl in the united states

explain petitioning from both Latin American groups and Arab American group to have their own representation on census separate from black / African American.

After you answer my questions I'll be more than happy to.

just because you don't agree with Jesse Jackson doesn't mean explanations aren't already described declared and laid down decades ago hell centuries ago on what negro, African-American, colored, black is

I'm from da Latino Hispanic world diaspora. and were categorized and compartmentalised accordingly.

explain da census petitioning b.

Last edited:
FWIW I'm not trying to take shots. Indoctrination is real. I believe in our ppl and I believe in unification. We all have to deal with the cards we were dealt with. Being from NYC, and queens specifically, I've seen and heard a lot and my own family is "worldly" so I understand some things others might not be aware of

Afro-Latin American or Black Latin American (sometimes Afro-Latino or Afro-Latinx) refers to Latin Americans of significant African ancestry. The term may also refer to historical or cultural elements in Latin Americathought to have emanated from this community.[20]

Afro-Latin Americans
Afro-latinoamericanos
Total population
c. 37.2 million
Regions with significant populations
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
14,517,961[1]
23px-Flag_of_Haiti.svg.png
Haiti
8,583,759 [2]
23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png
Colombia
4,689,000 [3]
23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
Mexico
1,386,556 [4]
23px-Flag_of_Peru.svg.png
Peru
1,200,000[5]
23px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png
Cuba
1,126,894 [6]
23px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.png
Venezuela
1,087,427[7]
23px-Flag_of_the_Dominican_Republic.svg.png
Dominican Republic
1,029,535[8]
23px-Flag_of_Ecuador.svg.png
Ecuador
1,041,559 [9]
23px-Flag_of_Nicaragua.svg.png
Nicaragua
700,000[10]
23px-Flag_of_Panama.svg.png
Panama
477,494 [11]
23px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png
Puerto Rico
461,998 [12]
23px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png
Uruguay
300,000[13]
23px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png
Honduras
150,000[14]
23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina
149,493[15]
23px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png
Chile
100,000[16]
23px-Flag_of_Costa_Rica.svg.png
Costa Rica
100,000[17]
23px-Flag_of_Guatemala.svg.png
Guatemala
100,000[18]
22px-Flag_of_Bolivia.svg.png
Bolivia
40,000[19]

As a Haitian I always forget the we’re considered Afro-Latino mostly because of the heavy French influence, but the monicker is about region just as much as it is about African lineage. Still mostly certainly and undeniably black though. I only consider myself African American in the specific contexts where it’s functionally the same like on the census. And as someone who is black I would actually prefer they keep as one box because black folk generally live around black folk so the more +1’s in that column, the more representation those regions and demographics get in terms of resources and funding. For me, and most Haitians I know with atleast an ounce of civil awareness, the census is about representation and not some weird way to divide ourselves culturally from people we’re the same race as.

ninjahood ninjahood you are Afro-Latino, just like I am Afro-Jamaican, just like how Lebron James is Afro-American.

a Pig being born in a horse manger is still a pig bro.

There is nothing wrong with loving your Latin/Hispanic roots, but you shouldn't be ashamed of loving your Afro black skin. Its that simple man

just because you don't agree with Jesse Jackson doesn't mean explanations aren't already described declared and laid down decades ago hell centuries ago on what negro, African-American, colored, black is

I'm from da Latino Hispanic world diaspora. and were categorized and compartmentalised accordingly.

explain da census petitioning b.

FWIW I'm not trying to take shots. Indoctrination is real. I believe in our ppl and I believe in unification. We all have to deal with the cards we were dealt with. Being from NYC, and queens specifically, I've seen and heard a lot and my own family is "worldly" so I understand some things others might not be aware of
Ask him which fountain he was supposed to drink from...
segregated-water-fountain.jpg

Y’all done let the dark-skinned Latino with nappy hair mis make the Kaep thread about him. Why does David Ortiz look African while Alex Rodriguez doesn’t look as African as Ortiz? They’re both Latinos but look different. Do all Latinos look the same?

Ask him which fountain he was supposed to drink from...
segregated-water-fountain.jpg
The Dominican one.

In all seriousness though, this issue is much bigger than ninjahood. It's something I've always seen in my family with a Black father and a Puerto Rican mother, and continue to see even moreso in my girl's (Dominican) family. It's hard for them to even recognize or acknowledge the negative connotation a lot of Latin people place on being Black. So in their heads, they're so used to how Black people are labeled, they don't see the way they separate as a slight to Black people, even though that's all the thought process of 'I'm not Black, I'm Dominican' comes from.

It's also a generational thing, in that while my girl's mother is very dark skinned and separates herself, my girl accepts being both a Black woman and a Dominican woman at the same time. The argument that she gives for her family is that they don't fully understand that the two aren't mutually exclusive and somehow think accepting being Black takes way from their heritage.

Last edited:
The Dominican one.

In all seriousness though, this issue is much bigger than ninjahood. It's something I've always seen in my family with a black father and a Puerto Rican mother, and continue to see even moreso in my girl's (Dominican) family. It's hard for them to even recognize or acknowledge the negative connotation a lot of Latin people place on being black. So in their heads, they're so used to how black people are labeled, they don't see the way they separate as a slight to black people, even though that's all the thought process of 'I'm not Black, I'm Dominican' comes from.

It's also a generational thing, in that while my girl's mother is very dark skinned and separates herself, my girl accepts being both a black woman and a Dominican woman at the same time. The argument that she gives for her family is that they don't fully understand that the two aren't mutually exclusive and somehow think accepting being black takes way from their heritage.
/Thread.

Y’all done let the dark-skinned Latino with nappy hair mis make the Kaep thread about him. Why does David Ortiz look African while Alex Rodriguez doesn’t look as African as Ortiz? They’re both Latinos but look different. Do all Latinos look the same?
Ninja darker than Steph curry yet talking about his skin is Dominican :smh:

my girl's (Dominican) family. It's hard for them to even recognize or acknowledge the negative connotation a lot of Latin people place on being Black

its like telling a airplane its really a car because they both have engines and tires....

we're different groups of people..jesus christ :lol:

latinos DONT WANT TO assimilate and lose our culture or representation, why you think da census was basically gonna put us into a different category? answer it.

Back
Top Bottom