Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
ninjahood ninjahood do you consider this Spanish speaking Central African country “Hispanic” or “Latino”?

9ADAED15-AD26-44D4-B792-62464E6CCF37.jpeg

or how about i already knew what duke was talking about due to da relationship between Portugal & Spain & Brazil with da rest of South America.

Or how about I've already schooled you on the origin of the term Latin America. The FRENCH created this term to group their overseas departments and colonies in the New World with other colonies that spoke romance languages.

Your bending this term to include and exclude whoever YOU want, it don't work like that, b.

Portuguese speakers are in but french/Creole speakers arent...get outta here.

how are you going to sit there and suggest, imply, whatever that it is given facts and history?

here's some facts for you....

After years of trying to persuade Hispanics to choose a standard race category, the Census Bureau has been testing a new approach, with what the agency says are promising results. In 2015, the bureau contacted 1.2 million U.S. households for a test census that experimented with two different ways of combining the Hispanic and race questions into one question (and included a proposed new “Middle Eastern or North African” category as well). Respondents could self-identify in as many categories as they wanted, or only one.

The result: More than 70% of self-identified Hispanics said they were Hispanic but did not choose a race in answering the combined question, and less than 1% checked the “some other race” box on the test census. By comparison, when race and Hispanic origin were asked in separate questions, only 8.4% of self-identified Hispanics checked the Hispanic origin box but did not provide a valid answer to the separate race question. A third (33.6%) checked “some other race” and another 35.5% checked two or more different race categories, among them “some other race.” (Only 0.1% of respondents were self-identified Hispanics who checked the proposed Middle Eastern/North African category in the separate or combined questions.)

Based on the test results, Census Bureau researchers have recommended using a combined question about race and ethnicity. Among their reasons was that respondents supplied equally good detail on their national origins (for example, “Mexican” or “Cuban”) as they did in separate questions, but only a small fraction checked the “some other race” category.

The “some other race” option is not an official federal race category and was intended to be a residual option for a small number of respondents in census surveys. Instead, it has grown to become the third-largest race group counted by the Census Bureau in the past two censuses. This group is mainly Hispanic: In the 2010 census, 97% of those who checked “some other race” and no other race were Hispanic.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...sus-bureau-may-change-how-it-asks-about-race/

Just like one can be a white Latino

no one claims that either :lol:

that literally was to tag George Zimmerman's idiot *** when da press tried da race angle and found out he was hispanic, that said he is white & latino.

Lol at this. So on one hand he doesn't want to adhere to what he feels are American labels and on the other he's pushing an American census hard to label himself.

and White Latinos dont exist now. Lol. Ok bro. That's why I said this is ridiculous. You cant make it make sense.
there are a whole lot of white latinos and a whole lot of non white latinos that consider themselves white. I don't know this from a book bro or youtube or whatever. this isn't what I feel.

we can't have this convo without acknowledging white supremacy, indoctrination, the growing umbrella of whiteness, the division of non white ppl, etc. and I didn't want to bring those things up because I already know son's views on those type of subjects.

so again, its pointless. keep talking about not wanting to assimilate to black American culture while also talking about biggie coats, using AAVE, listening to and talking about hip hop, etc.

keep pretending you're somehow different than a Haitian (or any other west indian). keep pretending like Trujillo didn't do a number on the ppl of dr and keep pretending like you speak for all latinos. i'd say ignorance is bliss but you know. you're making a conscious decision. you know the facts in your heart and in your mind.

Hispanics isnt a race or an real ethnicity since ALL Latinos are a mix of the following

European
African
Indigenous

MOST Hispanics in the Americas are a mix of European and Indigenous blood. Places like DR has a higher concentration of African mixed in as opposed to say a Puerto Rico.

and White Latinos dont exist now. Lol. Ok bro.

no one claims that like no one claims LatinX or afro latino (outside cuban dance genre)

debso debso you are aware after Trump leaves office da 1st democratic President is following thru with making Latino & arab their own categories in da census right?

Yall really let ninja woods entrap you into a discussion about racial identity :lol: :smh:
Well this whole thing started about Nessa’s culture and ethnicity on she’s Arab-American or African-American because apparently if you’re not African American you’ll be seen as a culture vulture simply for not being black. Using this flawed criteria somehow this whole thing transformed into one guy’s self hate and unwittingly admits he’s a culture vulture.

we can't have this convo without acknowledging white supremacy, indoctrination, the growing umbrella of whiteness,
in da juicy irony of this topic, your democratically elected President, whoever follows Trump, in a effort to stem and deprive "whiteness" more numbers via assimilation as well as bolster "diversity" and "inclusiveness" will give da Latino and Arab( MENA) communities exactly what it wants...how do you feel about that? :lol:

no one claims that

White Puerto Ricans are Puerto Ricans who self-identify as white. As of the 2010 US census, people who self-identified as white constituted the majority in Puerto Rico, making up 75.8% of the population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Puerto_Ricans
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/PR/RHI125218#RHI125218

According to da most recent census 68% of Puerto Ricans claimed white, while 99% claimed latino and/or hispanic. i'm trying to figure out what math resuluts in no one claiming to be both white and latino

Last edited:
Wow, did not know this
there's a lot of ignorance in the u.s. about what it means to be latino (I DO think its intentional. you keep ppl from understanding and knowing themselves and they cannot unite) and the indoctrination and white supremacy in some areas of latin America don't make it any better.

every place mentioned in this thread so far, including the u.s., has been colonized by Europeans and built by enslaved Africans and native americans (among others). the same groups of ppl that exist in the u.s. exist outside of the u.s. and vice versa.

there are plenty of white latinos, black latinos and to a lesser extent Asian latinos walking around various parts of latin America. period. there are plenty of mixed latinos as well.

there are plenty of white americans, black americans, Asian americans and mixed americans as well for some of the same reasons as anywhere else on our side of the planet.

the idea that black ppl or white ppl (or Asians, etc.) cannot be latinos or don't exist in latin America is ridiculous and just not true. I shouldn't even have to go in but clear examples are countries like argentina, Colombia, cuba, dr or Venezuela (large amounts of black ppl)... anyone on here can google alberto Fujimori, etc. etc.

its so sad that ninjahood feels the way that he does, especially coming from someone from nyc and someone from a country full of black ppl and full of mixed ppl.

using ninjahood's logic:
the Garifuna are a different race of ppl than Jamaicans or Haitians or black americans.
the Garifuna are the same race as the Aztecs and mayans
all of the ppl from equatorial guinea are the same race as all of the ppl from argentina being that they're all Hispanic
all Brazilians are the same race as all Mexicans (even tho they were colonized by europeans from two different countries), there would be no indigenous populations of any of these countries so groups like the tainos wouldn't exist
Vladimir guerrero and desi arnaz are the same race
Charlie sheen and celia cruz are the same race
etc.

you can't make it make sense for the umpteenth time.

the funny part is a lot of the culture that makes a latino a latino is African in origin period but that's another topic.

and again, how on earth are Haitians a different race as a country than Dominicans as a country. somebody make it make sense.

According to da most recent census 68% of Puerto Ricans claimed white, while 99% claimed latino and/or hispanic. i'm trying to figure out what math resuluts in no one claiming to be both white and latino

somehow you seem to have forgotten part of the census research that tracked once you've given Hispanics in their own box over 70% of them do not check any other box on da form...

hope ya ready for that seismic shift starting 2020.

i'm still trying to figure out how Haitians aren't latinos and are black (going with the concept that latino is a race) but somebody with the same background (one or both parents are descendants of enslaved Africans) in the Dominican republic aren't the same race.
is it because the group of white ppl that colonized the area speak different languages?

ayudame. please. help us figure this out.

ok so using that logic, all of curacao are a different race than all of Jamaica, u.s., st. Thomas, etc. which are a different race than Brazilians which are different than Cubans.
ok so then going forward with that, every person in the u.s. born and raised for generations are the same race.
so we're all (or mostly) the same race here since we're in the u.s.
so trump is the same race as jesse Jackson (since you brought him up earlier).

I get it now.

somehow you seem to have forgotten part of the census research that tracked once you've given Hispanics in their own box over 70% of them do not check any other box on da form...

hope ya ready for that seismic shift starting 2020.

But did any of them identify as white? How does that not directly contradict your claim that people don’t claim to be white Latinos?

Back
Top Bottom