Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Heights getting y'all outta here. Alp gonna be in a highrise when they're done with the rezoning. Better get in where you fit in, b.:lol:

But for debso debso , he's definitely not the only Latino from NY. There are a few here, and they/we usually disagree with these sentiments from what I've seen. Far from an accurate representation...he just talks the loudest.

This is the Prime Minister of St. Lucia. They joking call him a white man as a slight and he hates it....
allan-chasnet-st-lucia-pm.jpg

Someone please tell son that hes not the only latino or nyer on this site.
you have a distorted view of how much your experience in life or your thoughts or whatever matter to the rest of us on and offline.

like I said in another thread, son is like sting in the rafters looking over any thread dealing with what black ppl go through or what black ppl do like:

26225863836e95eed947752b48ba6231e52e7abc_hq.jpg

get down from the rafters. you know what it is in your heart.
I will argue that this is the tone on this entire site. When the topic of Black identity arises, Black empowerment, you'll have one of these peons who lurk chiming in on how it is even racist to laud Black excellence on this site. Just like with misogyny, some of these guys have lived with privilege for so long, they are blissfully ignorant about why Black people cannot be racist against whites, or why discussing Black empowerment should not be a threat to the white status quo. In studying systematic racism, Black people do not have the government backing HATE as white people do, nor being able to CHANGE laws in order to accommodate privilege, in this case WHITE privilege. Meanwhile, average White people and the immigrants who are influenced by them, remain willfully ignorant telling themselves that Black people cannot make it here because they are simply lazy.

Someone needs to remind the dominicans, and any other immigrant to the United States on this site that if it were not for those so called lazy Blacks? You'd still be happy drinking from that colored fountain, and then riding at the back of the bus.

BLACK POWER changed that.
BlackPower-BlackUnity-BlackPanthers.jpg

THATS WHY I TELL EVERYONE TO TAKE A DNA TEST

That will clearly tell you much of a Africa, Asia, European, or whatever you are.

da fact that im da only cat on da site outside of @alp that lives in da heights, da biggest Dominican populated neighborhood in United States tells me everything i gotta know from here.
it doesn't tho. that's the problem. that viewpoint right there is what makes you ignorant. you're being presented with facts and with the sources to go with them and you're making a choice to ignore the facts and go with what you feel.

i'm not from Washington heights, i'm from Jamaica queens...but I can def tell you that Dominicans live outside of the heights and the Dominicans in the heights in no way represent all latinos and your viewpoint isn't THEE viewpoint of the Dominicans in the heights or outside of the heights in nyc. at all.
I actually have fam from dr and I have a few good friends from dr that def identify as black.

one of my friends that's Dominican def feels like the black man is god (for example) and is vocal about it. he's actually lighter than you. I have two friends that are as dark or darker in skin complexion than david Ortiz, one of which def has members of his fam that are lighter than you or I..

like I said you speak for yourself.

anyway the skin color thing really shouldn't matter because

-what are we really talking about? not only do Africans come in all shades, sizes, have all types of hair textures, etc.
-many of us of the diaspora are all over the place in skin color/etc. due to being descendants of enslaved Africans that were raped, etc.

that's another topic but that irks me. I feel like i'd (stereotypically) look like I came from Senegal or Nigeria if it weren't for that. like i'm not my OG self.
that's on some other **** tho so i'll leave that alone.

one more thing...
if you knew what the Portuguese (who started the transatlantic slave trade afaik) did as far as feeding enslaved Africans with SLOP until they weighed a certain amount before putting them on ships to come to this side of the world...and that women begged to be raped to get to be "free" since that was something they pushed...

maybe you'd be honest with yourself about this whole thing. what happened to our ppl is not right. we are a diaspora for real. its important to understand what our ppl went through and why and how we ended up all over this part of the world.

so is there supposed to be "proud white Latinos"?

sounds obsurd right? :lol: thats how separating latinos by color sounds.
there are.
yo i'm not trying to take shots but how often do you travel outside of Washington heights..? outside of nyc? outside of wherever your fam is from dr??

how often are you reading?

Homeboy really be spewing white supremacy talking points through a Dominican prism.:sick:

im not, fools here tryin to cut latinos in half by black & white & only expect one side to be proud of who they are....da whole exercise is obsurd.

can't wait till da census gets changed so Latino so we can just be who we are period ain't gotta get pressured into assimilation by da whites and apparently here, black.

i mean its already da case, but to especially shut ya fools up :lol:

Like that’s the end or be all to representation and social problems.

some of y'all just don't know how da census works so I don't really care how you feel about it cuz in reality da census is power because numbers is power and representation is power.

Lmao @ him thinking the census will help him in his everyday life. Cops and other people still gonna see a black man and beat you asz regardless of what check box you check. Like that’s the end or be all to representation and social problems.

Dude is wild ignorant.
Did you see this...im not, fools here tryin to cut latinos in half by black & white & only expect one side to be proud of who they are....da whole exercise is obsurd.

He truly ignores how white privilege works. While white, you do not need to show pride. Pride is sitting there waiting for you, holding the door wide open.
That is how gentrification works.

listen fellas I could keep lettin ya chasing you tails for days and days and days and days, at da end of the day my stance hasn't shifted a millimeter and I've been here since 2004, I got stamina, you really trying to go another month about this, another year about this? :lol:

Last edited:
im not, fools here tryin to cut latinos in half by black & white & only expect one side to be proud of who they are....da whole exercise is obsurd.

can't wait till da census gets changed so Latino so we can just be who we are period ain't gotta get pressured into assimilation by da whites and apparently here, black.

i mean its already da case, but to especially shut ya fools up :lol:
Who you mad at? Us or society who's established that the tone and complexion of your skin matters that much?

You're lashing out at a bunch of Latinos telling you you're bugging. You should take that frustration out on the people that have created this system based solely on color. It's those same white people who lack the cultural nuance to differentiate using anything other than the first thing you notice.

It doesn't mean I like how we define things, but the fact of the matter is those people who determine how the census options look would call you a black man.

And I say that as someone who worked for the Census before I got to affordable housing.

listen to I could keep lettin ya chasing you tails for days and days and days and days, at da end of the day my stance hasn't shifted a millimeter and I've been here since 2004, I got stamina, you really trying to go another month about this, another year about this? :lol:
I don't think anyone cares about the stance you take for yourself. You can be as ignorant as you like on your own.

The problem is when you conflate as if your interpretation or definition determines reality.

You really gotta step out of that bubble.

Back
Top Bottom