Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Martellus Bennett Calls on Brady, Brees, Manning to Join NFL Players' Protests

95e90b5db271ad14491fa11b61792494

At a forum titled "Athletes + Activism" in Washington, Bennett said if Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning would join the protests begun by Colin Kaepernick, "the conversation in the NFL would change."

https://sports.yahoo.com/martellus-bennett-calls-brady-brees-023823693.html

Martellus Bennett calls on Brady, Brees, Manning to join NFL players' protests originally appeared on nbcsportsboston.com

Former Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett is an athlete who's never been reticent to speak out on social causes.

At a forum titled "Athletes + Activism" in Washington, Bennett said if Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning would join the protests begun by Colin Kaepernick, "the conversation in the NFL would change."

"If Peyton Manning joined the conversation, the conversation in the NFL would change," Bennett said, per Yahoo's Jason Owens. "If Drew Brees came in and really joined the conversation, it would change. Tom Brady. All these great white heroes that they have running around, throwing the football - if they jump into the conversation, it would be so much bigger."

Kaepernick, while with the San Francisco 49ers, kneeled during the national anthem to draw attention to racial inequality and police brutality. It led other players following suit, President Trump weighing in against the protests and NFL owners having to address the issue by requiring players who wanted to protest to remain in the locker room during the anthem.

"If they were to take a knee with Colin Kaepernick, that conversation would totally change," Bennett said. "If Tom Brady took a knee, white America would be like, 'Oh my God. What is this that Tom Brady's talking about?'

"They would start doing research and would join in the conversation. It would pique their interest. But since it's a black guy taking a knee, it's like, 'Alright, these guys, here he goes again. It's another one of these guys out here doing this.'"

Martellus Bennett said another former Patriot, defensive end Chris Long, who joined his teammates in protests during the anthem while with the Philadelphia Eagles, didn't have the impact that white quarterbacks would have.

"Chris Long [joined] the conversation, but he's a defensive end," Bennett told the forum. "I love Chris Long. Chris Long is my boy. Shoutout to Chris. But it's not the position."

"I respect why people are doing what they are doing. And they're doing it for different reasons, and that's okay. You know, you can do things for your reason," Brady told Winfrey. "They can do things for their reason, and you have respect for that. But, I thought it was great."

The Oakland Raiders Grabbed an Openly Racist Player Out of Retirement and Colin Kaepernick Still Doesn't Have a Job

ui7kqbbqb0y1s8pyhxhn.jpg

Photo: Brett Carlsen (Getty Images)

https://www.theroot.com/the-oakland-raiders-grabbed-an-openly-racist-player-out-1835092499

If a raccoon crawled out of the woods and vomited onto a Confederate flag and that pile of Confederacy raccoon vomit was next to newly signed NFL guard Richie Incognito, the untrained eye would have a hard time determining which one plays in the NFL.

For those that might not remember or for those who get tired of reading how being racist really does help you level up in Trump’s America, you may not know that Richie Incognito doesn’t just have a history of racist and violent behavior, but during his time with the Miami Dolphins in 2013, he was accused of bullying teammate Jonathan Martin with homophobic and racial slurs. He openly called Martin, who is black, a “half-******.” In the end, it was chalked up to being locker room talk.

It was the type of toxic masculinity fueled by racist hate and hazing that the NFL had the opportunity to turn into a teaching moment; instead, Incognito was picked up by the Buffalo Bills in 2015 and a few years later he picked up right where he left off.

During a game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, defensive end Yannick Ngakoue claimed that Incognito, who at this point had been elected to two Pro Bowls, used racist slurs against him during the game.

In 2017, Incognito retired from football and was really ready to **** some **** up. In May 2018, he was placed on “involuntary psychiatric hold” after he reportedly threw weights and a tennis balls at folks inside a South Florida gym. When police questioned him, he allegedly told officers that the government was spying on him.

Just a few months after that arrest, Incognito was again in trouble for allegedly threatening to shoot up a funeral home. Police later found that Incognito was “carrying two Glocks, three rifles and a silencer for a handgun.”

None of this stopped the Oakland Raiders from pulling Incognito out of retirement, because he’s a racist white man and there is always room on an NFL team for a racist white man, especially if he can block.

“Whenever he’s been focused on activities solely on the field, he’s been fine, and we’ve done a one-year prove-it deal with him,” Raiders general manager Mike Mayock told ESPN.

“And prove it means both on and off the field. There’s some expectations he’s got to meet in both areas. He turns 36 in July. We think he’s going to be a good football player and allow himself to compete for the left guard job. And just as important, he’s got to prove it off the field.

“We’re going to provide the infrastructure for him. At the end of the day, it’s a two-way street—we’ve got to help him help himself.”

You know who else may be willing to sign a one-year “prove it” deal? I’ll give you hint: His name rhymes with Bolin Baepernick. Seriously, the NFL has tilted its hand and it’s racist AF. What the NFL has shown since the obvious whiteballing of Kaepernick is that they don’t care about anything other than upsetting their white male owners and their white male base.

They don’t care if black people stop watching, they don’t care if they protest games, they don’t care if Kaepernick never plays another down because here is what they know: The black men who make up some 70 percent of the league aren’t going to leave their well-paid slave jobs in protest, and the slaves that make up a good portion of the viewing public won’t stop watching.

No matter who they sign.

At this point, the NFL could sign a 6-foot 4-inch, 365-pound linebacker who is a member of the Ku Klux Klan who has elected to wear his KKK hood instead of a helmet and the most a black NFL fan would ask is, “But can he cover the running back coming out of the backfield?”

There was no black uproar around Trump-loving, defensive end Nick Bosa, except from The Root’s senior writer Michael Harriot who noted that Bosa was rooting against everything black.

So now that MAGA-Nick (I know you were waiting for me to call him Colin Crackkker-Nick. I refuse to do that) has swept his past under the rug, everything should be fine. I’m sure the owners won’t tell him to “toe the line,” as Dallas Cowboys plantation master Jerry Jones told his players. He probably won’t be tested 2,038,439 in 16 weeks like Eric Reid. I’m sure Bosa won’t be called an “inmate,” like Houston Texans owner Bob McNair called black protesters.

Because Nick Bosa is white.

So this is where we are, and in truth, it is tiring to see the level to which the NFL will explain hiring white men with controversial pasts and the levels that they will go to not to hire a black man who protested the killing of black people and the lack of support that black folks have for the movement. So the NFL just NFL’d again and went to extraordinary lengths to bring one of the worst players with a controversial past back to the game because one thing we’ve learned since Donald Trump took office is that there is always a second chance for a white man, no matter what he’s done.

Jenelle Evans Returns to 'Teen Mom 2' Reunion After Storming Off Stage

b2b6e350-8114-11e9-85f7-09ed38cb786a

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jene...union-after-storming-off-stage-065617044.html

On Monday night’s Teen Mom 2 reunion, Jenelle Evans returned to the couch after having a heated confrontation with Nessa Diab about Evans’s social media posts regarding Diab’s boyfriend, Colin Kaepernick.

Evans explained to Dr. Drew Pinksy that she was angry that Diab didn’t wait until after they were done filming to confront her privately.

“She couldn't wait 'til the end, 'til we were done?” she asked. “Like, I've been having so many medical issues this whole trip. The first thing that happens, I get out on stage, I get [expletive] attacked.”

Evans maintained that she didn’t know who Colin Kaepernick was, despite her anti-Kaepernick social media posts.

“Didn't he kneel at the football game or something? Well, that's what David [Eason, her husband] didn't like,” she stated. “David didn't. I was gonna say, I didn't know anything. I still don't know anything about him.”

Evans decided to go back out to the couch and face Diab.

“The only reason I came back out here was to tell you that it wasn't me,” she explained. “I have people writing this on my account for me, for ads, for those pictures.”

While Diab believed Evans may not have been directly responsible for the posts, she explained to the reality star that she has a responsibility to monitor what gets posted to social media on her behalf.

“You do have a big platform, and there was so much information that wasn't true on there,” Diab stated. “That was so hurtful to me, to my family, to so many people, because that was a false narrative. Even if somebody else posted it, we should all be accountable.”

Teen Mom cast members this year, and said she isn’t sure if she wants to continue filming.

“I mean, I'm just sick of everyone from this show coming, attacking me. It's everybody. It's everyone,“ she said. “You could have waited ‘til the end.”

She admitted that her husband has caused issues with filming in the past, but insisted that he has apologized to producers and she believed the way MTV handled his firing was wrong.

“He called them and apologized,” Evans said. “Then he apologized like a third time.” She added, “They didn't call him and say, ‘You're not working with us anymore.’ They tweeted it,” she explained. “And that's how he found out.”

But fans on Twitter are over her playing the victim.

“During this difficult time, I’m focused on getting Kaiser back and cooperating with my legal team on the next steps to getting my children back,” she said in a statement.

While this may have been her final appearance on the show, she has no plans to live her life out of the public eye.

“I mean, it was fun,” she told Dr. Drew. “And I'm glad that I got the opportunity. And I'll continue to post and share my life with everyone.”

Teen Mom 2 airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on MTV.

Check out Jenelle Evans storms off set after confrontation with Colin Kaepernick’s girlfriend:

0e67edf0-7b90-11e9-b7b2-bfef91de27d8

Jenelle Evans Storms Off Set After Confrontation With Colin Kaepernick's Girlfriend

On Monday night’s Teen Mom 2 reunion, Jenelle Evans got more than she bargained for when Nessa Diab confronted her about the derogatory posts Jenelle made on social media about Nessa’s boyfriend Colin Kaepernick.

“You posted hateful comments on social media about my family,” Nessa stated. “About my man, Colin Kaepernick.”

While Kaepernick continues to be scrutinized for taking a knee during the national anthem; however, Nessa has not stopped supporting her man for his activism. “My man used his platform to peacefully protest systemic oppression in this country,” Nessa explained. “Specifically police brutality against black people. Men, women, and children are dying--wrongfully dying.”

The MTV host also regularly posts on social media to stand up for Kaepernick. After Nessa confronted her, Jenelle insisted that she had no memory of posting anything negative about Nessa’s boyfriend, so Nessa showed Jenelle the posts.

In one post, Jenelle wrote “Donald J. Trump unemployment rate is so low, even Colin Kaepernick found a job! Merica!” Jenelle continued to deny knowing Nessa’s boyfriend or remembering the posts. Nessa explained to Jenelle that all she wanted to do was have a “healthy conversation.” “I would have appreciated if you had contacted me,” Nessa explained. “I would have been more than happy, Jenelle, to have a healthy conversation, privately.”

While Nessa wanted to open up a dialogue about the situation, Jenelle insisted that she didn’t know what Nessa was talking about. “I don't know anything about your husband,” Jenelle exclaimed. “I swear to God.” Fans were divided on whether or not Nessa should have confronted Jenelle at all.

In the end, the confrontation was too much for Jenelle and she stormed off set. “I'm done,” Jenelle cried. “I’m done with this.”

Jenelle was recently fired from Teen Mom 2 after her controversial husband, David Eason, shot and killed their family dog. Both of her sons have been removed from her custody and she’s currently fighting to get them back.

“During this difficult time, I’m focused on getting Kaiser back and cooperating with my legal team on the next steps to getting my children back,” said the former Teen Mom 2 star.

Part 2 of the reunion special airs next Monday and will likely be Jenelle’s final appearance on the show.

49ers' Antone Exum to Release Colin Kaepernick Rap Song 'Officer Kaepernick'

hi-res-68c0765c1d10d7d17b15ba52312d4c68_crop_north.jpg

Rick Scuteri/Associated Press

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-colin-kaepernick-rap-song-officer-kaepernick

San Francisco 49ers safety Antone Exum raps when he isn't tackling wide receivers, and his upcoming song is titled "Officer Kaepernick," a nod to the former 49ers quarterback who took a knee during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

"I feel like if [Kaepernick's] whole movement had a score, it would be this song," Exum told TMZ Sports.

He added:

"I wrote this [song] a while ago, but I'm addressing excessive police brutality and some of the injustices in the police force. I don't want this to go unheard—but I do appreciate the good cops that we have, because we do have good cops and good officers and police. But we also have some that are involved in some really unfortunate situations, and I think that some of those instances stem from a place of fear and a little bit of hate sometimes too. I think that we should just move forward with love."

As for whether Exum is concerned with any potential backlash when hitting on such a controversial topic, he noted that "Kaepernick didn't have any fear when he first took a knee. ... I think I'll be OK no matter what happens."

Exum said he expects the song to be released within a week or so.

Colin Kaepernick Files Trademark Application for Slogan in His Nike Ad

colin-kaepernick-nike.jpg

Nike's "Just Do It" 30th anniversary ad with Colin Kaepernick.
CREDIT: NIKE

https://footwearnews.com/2019/business/legal-news/colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-trademark-1202789956/

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick made headlines for his Nike ads last year. And now, it appears the athlete-turned-activist is attempting to trademark the slogan associated with his role in the campaign.

First spotted and posted on Twitter by Gerben Law Firm founder, Josh Gerban, an application was filed to the United States Patent and Trademark Office on June 4 by Inked Flash Inc. (Kaepernick’s company) for the word mark “Believe in Something, Even if it Means Sacrificing Everything.”

The filing states under “Goods and Services” shows that Kaepernick intends to use the word mark for clothing, headwear, footwear, conducting workshops and seminars in self-empowerment and awareness and more. At press time, Nike had not yet responded to FN’s request for comment.

Nike released the image on Sept. 3, 2018, and followed up with a commercial starring Kaepernick that aired during the NFL season opener between the Atlanta Falcons and Philadelphia Eagles.

After news broke of the ad, several detractors burned their shoes and showed them off on social media, while others, including numerous pro athletes (LeBron James, Kevin Durant and others) showed support on their respective platforms.

Kaepernick has filed other applications Inked Flash Inc. company in the past including the “I’m With Kap” word mark in August 2018, a black-and-white illustration of his face and hair in October 2018, Kaepernick7 in January 2013 and Kaepernick CK7 in August 2013, among several others.

So what's the deal now with the sixers using the same 13 stars on their jersey for years now?
thumb.aspx

Is it fake protest or specialized protest? What is it?

Sounds like Colin shouldn't have joined Nike to begin with. Nike been doing this for awhile.

“Fruitcakes”.

Smh.

Btw, you do realize he opted out of his final contract year option to become a FA and sign elsewhere (coming off of an awful season).

Was offered 4-5 jobs as a backup and declined.

Dude used his platform for selfish purposes, just got a nice massive settlement from the league recently - heard of him donating all of that to charity or inner cities?

Narratives are nice when they fit those who want them.

Selfish reasons.

Amazing take.

Imma be honest, this whole RocNation/NFL deal doesn't sit right with me. I feel like Jay capitalized off of Colin's stance. And didn't even include Colin in the process. I feel that was very disingenuous.

Imma be honest, this whole RocNation/NFL deal doesn't sit right with me. I feel like Jay capitalized off of Colin's stance. And didn't even include Colin in the process. I feel that was very disingenuous.

Tbf,it's par for the course. Dude has been a proud venture capitalist for a minute now. Dude was preaching about gentrifying hoods just a few months back

Im prety sure Jay will include Kaep in it somehow

Someone isn't telling the truth. Jay and Roger Goodall both said at the press confrence that they both spoke with Colin prior to this deal being make. But Colin's gf Nessa said they neither one of them spoke with Colin.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture...lfriend-nessa-blasts-jay-z-nfl-deal-on-hot-97

Nessa Blasts JAY-Z and Roc Nation's NFL Deal: 'I Don't Care Who You Are—Wrong Is Wrong'

AUG 14, 2019

Image via Getty/Johnny Nunez/WireImage
Nessa Diab refuses to let JAY-Z off the hook.

The media personality took to Hot 97 on Wednesday to criticize Roc Nation and the NFL's newly inked partnership, which aims to improve the league's live music entertainment strategies as well as its social justice initiatives. Upon the deal's announcement, many wondered if Nessa's boyfriend, activist/free agent Colin Kaepernick, would be involved in any capacity.

If Colin Kaepernick isn’t part of this, I’m not sure how to feel about this. Very curious about these details https://t.co/6Cw4gqOIrH

— Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) August 13, 2019
Nessa, and others who are close to Kaepernick, confirmed he was not involved with the initiative, nor did he get a heads up from JAY-Z. This came as somewhat of a shock to fans, as Hov had been a vocal supporter of Kaepernick during his legal battle with the NFL. Back in 2017, the former 49er filed a collusion grievance against the league, claiming he was blackballed over his on-field protests against police brutality. JAY even rocked Kaepernick's jersey during a 2017 appearance on Saturday Night Live.

JAY_Z (@S_C_) and @damianmarley! #SNLPremiere pic.twitter.com/i1M0Q05sUF

— Saturday Night Live (@nbcsnl) October 1, 2017
During a press conference Wednesday, JAY and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell claimed they spoke to Kaepernick about the initiative; however, JAY did not commit to including athlete down the road.

"I'm not his boss. I can't just bring him into something. That's for him to say," JAY told reporters, when asked if Kaepernick would be involved. "[...] We all do different things. We all work differently for the same results. I don't knock what he's doing, and hopefully he doesn't knock what I'm doing."

Nessa reiterated her claims that the Roc Nation x NFL deal was a PR stunt that intended to clean up the mess created by the Kaepernick controversy. She told listeners that she was still a fan of JAY, but was frustrated that he was working with an organization that continued to deny Kaepernick opportunities.

Here are some key quotes from Wednesday's episode, provided by @CRS_One:

“The disappointment in Jay-Z isn’t in the partnership. The disappointment is wrapping it in Social Justice.” - Nessa.

— Captain Cristobal (@CRS_One) August 14, 2019
POST CONTINUES BELOW

“I don’t mind you doing a business deal - but I do mind you wrapping it in social justice when you’re working with an organization that denies someone an opportunity.” - Nessa

“Jay has phenomenal music, he’s done so much nobody’s taking that away from him! Do your business! But don’t talk to me about that League when they’re doing dishonorable things.”

POST CONTINUES BELOW

“This person working with this league wore Colin’s Jersey - But some people don’t understand what’s going on.

“You don’t have to report to anybody! - but don’t you dare call it a social justice reform attempt when it comes to working with that company. Don’t mess with my family!”

Nessa also acknowledged JAY's contributions to the culture, but insisted he needed to be held accountable.

“that’s why this hurts, cause we love Hov so much.”

POST CONTINUES BELOW

“I don’t care who you are - Wrong is wrong - You’re not gonna act funny towards my family!”

The comments arrived on the three-year anniversary of Kaepernick's first #TaketheKnee protest, in which he kneeled during the pre-game singing of the national anthem. Though he hasn't been in the league since the end of the 2016 season, Kaepernick vowed his commitment to social justice and "our fight for liberation."

Today marks the three year anniversary of the first time I protested systemic oppression. I continue to work and stand with the people in our fight for liberation, despite those who are trying to erase the movement! The movement has always lived with the people! ✊

: @REL pic.twitter.com/TAqumRfjbi

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) August 14, 2019
Shortly after Kaepernick shared the video, J. Cole voiced his support on Twitter. "Thank you @Kaepernick7 we ain't forgot." he wrote. "@nfl let the man work."

Thank you @Kaepernick7 we ain’t forgot. @nfl let the man work. pic.twitter.com/l9Ce9DQ1xD

— J. Cole (@JColeNC) August 15, 2019

i feel the same way and I feel like he's a pawn, knowingly or unknowingly OR he doesn't care like he says he does but he's about the dollar/prestige. perhaps is all of the above.

Back
Top Bottom