Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
On the census and the American Community Survey you are allowed to identity your race as black and your identify yourself as a latino.

And the census doesn't actually does say black=African American. It says black or African American.

It acknowledges that there are other ethnic groups that make up the black race other than African Americans.

Dude uses the census as the gospel in one case then ignores it in the other.

Thanks for clarifying.
To me this all sounds like an attempt to separate culturally, when the census doesn’t ask “culture” anyone identifies with.

Not sure what I’m that video makes Haitian people

Haitians are Caribbean, West Indian, but they're not part of da hispanic diaspora.

Latin-America1.jpeg

Haitians are Caribbean, West Indian, but they're not part of the hispanic diaspora.

Latin-America1.jpeg

I didn’t say Haitians are Hispanic, I said theyre Latino.

“black & African American are synonymous in da United States..im a Latino, different”

You said this as if one could not be be both black and Latino, and one couldn’t be black and not African American as if Haiti doesn’t exist.

Being Latino is based on where someone is from, being Hispanic is based on their language of origin. None of which is an automatic cancellation of African Ancestry and/or being black.

At the end of the day call it what it is, you don’t to identify as Black simply cause you don’t want to for what ever contrived cultural reason. But stop acting like the reason you can’t be considered black is because from a Spanish speaking country, or because you’re Latino. You know damnwell that whether or not you’re black isn’t dependent on the language you speak or whether you’re Latino, because you’re not here saying that Haitians aren’t black dispute being the same island.

Last edited:
aka you're not gonna answer da question after i already answered yours, and i left you a video that breaks it down to a granular level, so at this point you're just wasting my time.
Na son when you answer all of the questions I asked instead of cherry picking then we can talk. None of what you're saying is worth putting forth more energy. Anything more is just talking in circles til you answer those questions.

I’m African American and Ninja looks more African than me. He’s way darker than me:lol: and his hair is way nappier/kinkier than my hair. Ninja got that Congo blood in him :lol:. Most Dominicans have more African blood in them than African Americans which is why many of them look like Dikembe Mutumbo’s cousins

Last edited:
Not sure what I’m that video makes Haitian people any less Latino than they are black. Are you saying you don’t identify with black because you have no African ancestry whatsoever post Pangea breaking apart? Or Because the census hasn’t worded it in away that allows you to identify as such?
Da looming census of course

Arguing over statistical categories that really don't mean anything outside of the US.

Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
DIRECTIVE NO. 15
Race and Ethnic Standards for Federal Statistics
and Administrative Reporting

(as adopted on May 12, 1977)
This Directive provides standard classifications for record keeping, collection, and presentation of data on race and ethnicity in Federal program administrative reporting and statistical activities. These classifications should not be interpreted as being scientific or anthropological in nature, nor should they be viewed as determinants of eligibility for participation in any Federal program. They have been developed in response to needs expressed by both the executive branch and the Congress to provide for the collection and use of compatible, nonduplicated, exchangeable racial and ethnic data by Federal agencies.
1. Definitions

The basic racial and ethnic categories for Federal statistics and program administrative reporting are defined as follows:

1. American Indian or Alaskan Native. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North America, and who maintains cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community recognition.

2. Asian or Pacific Islander. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent, or the Pacific Islands. This area includes, for example, China, India, Japan, Korea, the Philippine Islands, and Samoa.

3. Black. A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.

4. Hispanic. A person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.

5. White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East.

Now I know what an IG thot feels like, because I too have a washed up dude begging me for a pic.

First opened this thread to this quote and must appreciate it. Without context, this is one of the greatest one liners I’ve seen in my 11 years of NT-ing.

no, i pretty much do speak for da vast majority of Latinos...i don't trip off what i read here cuz i know how latinos are properly framed in da media, politics, and pop culture, as our own distinct group.

fc8be9a7-ebdc-42e2-8d05-7d50b808a18e.png

NPR said as much too.

So we’re going to go with North Africans being white? Egyptian and Lebanese people are white?

I’ll return to this topic later. Too early in the morning for this.

Hispanic diaspora? Since when are Brazilians hispanic?

If you're from the Americas/Caribbean and speak a romance language (Spanish, Portuguese, French) you're Latino.

Latino = Anything to do with culture Latin countries (Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, Romania)

Hispanic = Anything to do with culture of Spain

So you can be Hispanic and Latino, but if youre Brazilian you can only be Latino, because Portuguese isnt Spanish.

If you're from the Americas/Caribbean and speak a romance language (Spanish, Portuguese, French) you're Latino.

Screenshot_20190912-093850.png

pretty sure that's not what this graph was trying to get across.

Latino isnt necessarily a race you know

that's literally being redefined as we speak. Hispanic and Arab communities wanting greater representation and more resources allocated for them specifically, as well as being counted for population purposes

So you can be Hispanic and Latino, but if youre Brazilian you can only be Latino, because Portuguese isnt Spanish.

It was a rhetorical question aimed at this map that Ninja incorrectly stated was of the hispanic diaspora. As you plainly put it, Brazil isn't apart of the Hispanic diaspora so once again Ninja likes to pick and choose who can be Latino or hispanic.
Brazilians are Latino but Haitians arent? How sway?

Haitians are Caribbean, West Indian, but they're not part of da hispanic diaspora.

Latin-America1.jpeg

latino isn't a race period. how are you going to sit there and suggest, imply, whatever that it is given facts and history?
so dna is just out of the window now?

make it make sense bro.

so using your logic, the ppl of equatorial guinea aren't black at all they are hispanic (as a race)?
alberto Fujimori, Sandra Hayek and Vladimir Guerrero are the same race?

Back
Top Bottom