College/Career Path..... # I cant be the only one!!1

Just enrolled in school..... received a grant or whatever but now is the hard part!!! Idk what im going to do???? I want a fulfilling and good paying gig........ NT Brethren bestow your knowledge upon me..... IM LOST IN THE WORLD #KanyeSWAG lol
indifferent.gif

Just enrolled in school..... received a grant or whatever but now is the hard part!!! Idk what im going to do???? I want a fulfilling and good paying gig........ NT Brethren bestow your knowledge upon me..... IM LOST IN THE WORLD #KanyeSWAG lol
indifferent.gif

A lot of us are lost. If you don't know what to do yet it's okay, hopefully you will figure things out as you go.

Set some realistic goals and do you.

A lot of us are lost. If you don't know what to do yet it's okay, hopefully you will figure things out as you go.

Set some realistic goals and do you.

Life is too short to bother being in a profession you can't stand just for the money. You'll find your passion, hopefully, sometime in your collegiate years.
However, anything in the Medical field will always be a hot ticket. I know people just out of a Nursing School program at a University with calls on job offers.
I wanted to be a doctor, but can't handle blood so I opted for Psychology. I've heard a few people in the real estate game talk about Lawyers with a knowledge
of Water Rights and how they will be making paper in the future, especially, in a place like Arizona or New Mexico.

Life is too short to bother being in a profession you can't stand just for the money. You'll find your passion, hopefully, sometime in your collegiate years.
However, anything in the Medical field will always be a hot ticket. I know people just out of a Nursing School program at a University with calls on job offers.
I wanted to be a doctor, but can't handle blood so I opted for Psychology. I've heard a few people in the real estate game talk about Lawyers with a knowledge
of Water Rights and how they will be making paper in the future, especially, in a place like Arizona or New Mexico.

I think it's great that you're asking yourself this from the beginning. It allows for you to have some trial and error while you're figuring out what you want to do without too much risk.
From my experience, finding a career that you find fulfilling is really about doing research and then trying them out/observe them yourself. I did the same when I decided to get into nursing after deciding that I wanted to get into medicine but didn't want to follow the doctor road.

Some ways to find a fulfilling career: 1) look around your friends and family and see if there are any people around you that having fulfilling careers that they would recommend.
2) volunteer at the place that you think might be interesting to work at, and if you can't volunteer, talk to some of the people who work there and find out what they think.
3) informational interview
4) internship

The good paying part is on you, really. "Good paying" means different things to different people.

Good luck.

I think it's great that you're asking yourself this from the beginning. It allows for you to have some trial and error while you're figuring out what you want to do without too much risk.
From my experience, finding a career that you find fulfilling is really about doing research and then trying them out/observe them yourself. I did the same when I decided to get into nursing after deciding that I wanted to get into medicine but didn't want to follow the doctor road.

Some ways to find a fulfilling career: 1) look around your friends and family and see if there are any people around you that having fulfilling careers that they would recommend.
2) volunteer at the place that you think might be interesting to work at, and if you can't volunteer, talk to some of the people who work there and find out what they think.
3) informational interview
4) internship

The good paying part is on you, really. "Good paying" means different things to different people.

Good luck.

That's everyone ! Everyone goes to college not knowing then finds out what they wanna do. People often switch majors two to three times while enrolled .. U gotta like what u do Mann... U can't just have a major and waste all this school time and money on a degree(job) u won't like 15 years from now

That's everyone ! Everyone goes to college not knowing then finds out what they wanna do. People often switch majors two to three times while enrolled .. U gotta like what u do Mann... U can't just have a major and waste all this school time and money on a degree(job) u won't like 15 years from now

"As soon as you figure out the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!"

....sorry. I know this had nothing to do with your thread.

"As soon as you figure out the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!"

....sorry. I know this had nothing to do with your thread.

what can you see yourself doing that you will literally jump out of bed for when the alarm goes off? that's what you need to do. and as soon you realize that you dread going to work, it's time to move on to another profession/career.

what can you see yourself doing that you will literally jump out of bed for when the alarm goes off? that's what you need to do. and as soon you realize that you dread going to work, it's time to move on to another profession/career.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

You can never go wrong with Business anything in the medical industry

fixed

dental, med, pharm, RN, nurse anesthesists, nurses, radtechs are always needed

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

You can never go wrong with Business anything in the medical industry

fixed

dental, med, pharm, RN, nurse anesthesists, nurses, radtechs are always needed

Don't ever major in business... period.

But if you're at a 4 year, just take a broad array of courses the 1st year or 2 (they're all prerequisites anyway). Most of the time you'll take that class and it's like
eek.gif
"THIS IS MY ___ RIGHT HERE!"

I think I started wanting to major in psychology until I took economics and fell in love with it.

But if you're at a 4 year, just take a broad array of courses the 1st year or 2 (they're all prerequisites anyway). Most of the time you'll take that class and it's like
eek.gif

I think I started wanting to major in psychology until I took economics and fell in love with it.

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

eek.gif

who are you to tell anyone that they shouldn't major in business?

eek.gif

Im going to speak from experience and maybe this will help you out.

I originally came into college as an English major. I was set that I would become this great author with a degree in English. After a semester of English major classes I realized that I was just going to end up as one very well spoken English teacher with great writing ability. Fortunately for me, I did like the idea of becoming a teacher. Its an almost sure job post grad, but I knew another thing and that was that my favorite subject had always been Math and if I was going to teach anything it would be that. I officially changed my major to Math with an Adolescent Ed minor and have been pleased ever since with where my career plans are heading.

My main point is that you need to have an idea of what YOU do like. Have a realistic job in mind that you can do after college so you dont end up working retail with a bachelors diploma. And if you have a big dream like I do (writing a book) make that you're long term goal and work towards it while having a job, things will open up as your mind ages. Of course we are all hard headed at one point but after a certain point you do have to think realistically. Those who dont are the ones who let life pass them buys and fail to see their dreams become their accomplishments.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

eek.gif

if you are going to do business, do finance or accounting.

Im going to speak from experience and maybe this will help you out.

I originally came into college as an English major. I was set that I would become this great author with a degree in English. After a semester of English major classes I realized that I was just going to end up as one very well spoken English teacher with great writing ability. Fortunately for me, I did like the idea of becoming a teacher. Its an almost sure job post grad, but I knew another thing and that was that my favorite subject had always been Math and if I was going to teach anything it would be that. I officially changed my major to Math with an Adolescent Ed minor and have been pleased ever since with where my career plans are heading.

My main point is that you need to have an idea of what YOU do like. Have a realistic job in mind that you can do after college so you dont end up working retail with a bachelors diploma. And if you have a big dream like I do (writing a book) make that you're long term goal and work towards it while having a job, things will open up as your mind ages. Of course we are all hard headed at one point but after a certain point you do have to think realistically. Those who dont are the ones who let life pass them buys and fail to see their dreams become their accomplishments.

Back
Top Bottom