College grads...did you buy a class ring?

wj4

I don't wear rings at all, but I'm kind of thinking about it. They start at only $200 anyways. I actually busted my butt studying for a good numberof classes so that'd be the reason to get it. If I do get it, I'll frame it and pair it up with the diploma.

No..but I was fortunate enough to get a Bowl ring. As a regular student I would consider it, but not really my thing.

You need a ring to remind you where you went? There are better things you can spend $200 on if you ask me.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

You need a ring to remind you where you went? There are better things you can spend $200 on if you ask me.
The irony of that on a shoe board is just too funny. It's not to remind me, like I said if I get it, I wouldn't even wear it. I'djust thought it might make a good decoration piece.
laugh.gif

wish i could get the 400+ back for my high school ring
smh.gif
wore that joint up until graduation.
college rings aren't a good look imo.

I did, and wore it alot the first year or so after I graduated.

I dont really wear it much anymore unless I go to some professional type gathering.

To me, its a symbol of all the hardwork and dedication it takes to graduate, and its a good reminder when you see it on your finger

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

wish i could get the 400+ back for my high school ring
smh.gif
wore that joint up until graduation.
college rings aren't a good look imo.
Man, that's a grip for HS! I didn't even care about graduating high school because I didn't have to try hard to get A's andB's. I remember giving out the tickets to my friends who had family members flying in from all over.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I dont really wear it much anymore unless I go to some professional type gathering.

To me, its a symbol of all the hardwork and dedication it takes to graduate, and its a good reminder when you see it on your finger
QFT

I got mine via hookup so I definitely took it and wear it. But it's not till later that I realized its value. When you see an 80 year old dude with thesame ring showing the pride from 60 years earlier it hits you. A class ring is like a symbol of the bond and connection between you and everyone who walked onthat campus as a student, faculty or whatever.

I also went to Florida so the Gator Nation sentiment is pretty high and being an alumni means a lot. If you went to a small town never-heard-of college thefeeling might not be as important. But whereas whatever else you spend that $200 on you will probably toss it or use it within a few years, a class ring issomething you're buried with (or at least I plan to be). In fact I would say get a durable one not just a tin foil one, and if your college has atraditional one, get it, don't just get the coolest looking.

Originally Posted by infamousod

When you see an 80 year old dude with the same ring showing the pride from 60 years earlier it hits you. A class ring is like a symbol of the bond and connection between you and everyone who walked on that campus as a student, faculty or whatever.

I also went to Florida so the Gator Nation sentiment is pretty high and being an alumni means a lot.
Same here (except at Texas A&M and not Florida)...getting the Aggie Ring is a big part of graduating from here. I think just about everybodythat graduates from here buys a class ring.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by infamousod

When you see an 80 year old dude with the same ring showing the pride from 60 years earlier it hits you. A class ring is like a symbol of the bond and connection between you and everyone who walked on that campus as a student, faculty or whatever.

I also went to Florida so the Gator Nation sentiment is pretty high and being an alumni means a lot.
Same here (except at Texas A&M and not Florida)...getting the Aggie Ring is a big part of graduating from here. I think just about everybody that graduates from here buys a class ring.

I'm probably going to buy one too, I go to Univ. of Illinois

Yea, same here

Originally Posted by kingofny04

QFT

Back
Top Bottom