College Heads: How Did Your Semester Go?

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

I didn't realize that wether you mak an 89 or an 80 you still only get a 3.0. That really ticks me off

Calulus:B
Into to Old Testament:B
Speech:A
English: Grade hasn't been posted yet, hopefully a B

I'm kinda ticked cause I know I made above an 85 in Cal and OT but I still only get 3.0 Such bull. I worked hard in there too
ummm an 80 is a B-/C+ depending on the teacher while an 86-90 is B+

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Couldn't have gone any better.
pimp.gif

Me too
happy.gif

Did alright got like a 3.0. My best friend transferred. Everything else was okay. Next semester I'm having more fun

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

I didn't realize that wether you mak an 89 or an 80 you still only get a 3.0. That really ticks me off

Calulus:B
Into to Old Testament:B
Speech:A
English: Grade hasn't been posted yet, hopefully a B

I'm kinda ticked cause I know I made above an 85 in Cal and OT but I still only get 3.0 Such bull. I worked hard in there too
ummm an 80 is a B-/C+ depending on the teacher while an 86-90 is B+
No, it depends on your school.

Some schools school, 80-89 = 3.0....does not matter.
Some school's, 80-95 = 3.0, 85-89 = 3.5.

It's kind of crazy how there is so much discrepency amongst school's and employers turn a blind eye sometimes.
A 3.5 at some school's is much harder to get than a 3.5 at other school's and it has nothing to do with curriculum or professor difficulty sometimes.Simply how the school's do their GPA. Then you factor in major difficulty into the equation and GPAs are all over the place.

Things that vary between school's
  • A,B,C plus/minus
  • Taking classes Pass/Fail
  • Freshman/sophomore year = no GPA.
  • Some top schools keep GPA proprietary
  • Schools putting a limit on number of Fs/Ds you can grade replace

I swear if my school had C+/B+ I'd be suma cum laude
frown.gif

Went well. Walked into my final with an F from too many absences and came out with a C+ for Comp1. Psychology teacher gave me a B, Sociology teacher gave me aC+ and I passed my online freshman orientation for 1 credit.

Overall the semester was great. Although I'd have preferred to take more classes to get more credits out of the way. I'll be hittin it hard nextsemester with 16-20 credit hours instead of just 12

Got all my grades

Math D- retaking
Eng101 B- could've gotten an A
smh.gif
for slacking
CPD150 A
CRE101 B-

Im not too proud of myself

Financially: I have an on campus job, but all it did was basically pay rent
smh.gif
. Barely any money to eat or go out, or spend for myself.. I got financial aidbut blew it on the bills, books, food, etc. quick.

Socially: Same.. met more even more people. Still good. Still haven't met that girl but w/e. Feel like I'm meeting too many people that I won'tremember or come across often.

Academically: F'd up my GPA this quarter..
smh.gif
.. 1.14. Will be on academic probation next quarter but I will also retake calculus and fix up everything Ican..

Still don't know what to do with my life.

So far, what I know....

Investments Analysis: A
Tax I: B
Audit: B
International Management: B

still up in the air are Operations Management and International Finance...hoping for the best (obviously
laugh.gif
)

chem - W
math - W
music - B+ (stupid mid-term
laugh.gif
smh.gif
)
econ - C- (see music)
psych - ?

horrible. absolutely horrible. never done this bad in school before. might drop out of the sciences

Not good, will make up Spanish in winter (2 week course), and take a summer class (May25-June25)

smh

Had an acoholic roommate
Had a same school gorl for the same time (bit of a cramp.... free time is gettin eatin up)
Got a sweet puppy
Worked a lot
Smoked far far too much reefer
Finished with

2 3.0's
1 4.0
1 2.5

Overall.... Ill take it

Back
Top Bottom