college question: switching cc's and starting over?

I've been taking some courses at a cc for about a year. I just don't feel like I am getting anything from this school and would rather start over atanother school. Would it be possible to do this without showing those previous courses when I transfer? Thought it was worth a try to ask here before I goand talk to a counselor tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Autohead

I've been taking some courses at a cc for about a year. I just don't feel like I am getting anything from this school and would rather start over at another school. Would it be possible to do this without showing those previous courses when I transfer? Thought it was worth a try to ask here before I go and talk to a counselor tomorrow.
Negative for most Universities. For my Uni, you must submit transcripts from every post secondary school that you have attended, regardless ifthose courses will transfer or not.

just dont have your transcript sent to them.
why do you want to start all over instead of just transferring?

Originally Posted by Elocin023

just dont have your transcript sent to them.
why do you want to start all over instead of just transferring?

Bad grades.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

wait...so u dont want ur credits to transfer?
There were some classes that I didn't even read the book in and still got good grades. I know I didn't learn anything at all. I am kindof worried that if I transfer going this route, that I will fail at a University.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by dgk3188

wait...so u dont want ur credits to transfer?
There were some classes that I didn't even read the book in and still got good grades. I know I didn't learn anything at all. I am kind of worried that if I transfer going this route, that I will fail at a University.
If they're lower division credits from a CC many of them won't transfer over anyways, unless you received an AA/AS but if it's likeunderwater basket weaving then you don't have to worry about it. Hell, I pulled the same thing in some courses here and still passed so you'll befine. You can always speak with a transcript evaluator before transferring though to see what courses may transfer over.

I think so.....I did it

Had killer grades in HS

Got into 20+ schools but didn't want to attend any of them so I stayed home

Went to a CUNY school (but it was a 4-year CUNY)

Was bored cuz it felt like HS.....used my hs grades and got into where I am now

Back
Top Bottom