College Students- Need some ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by savraj1, Dec 14, 2009.

1. savraj1

savraj1

Fellow college students what up. I'm a freshman at Berkeley right now and was wondering where are the places you guys go to study.
    I'm very sensitive to distractions so I'm looking for a change to my dorm room. Tried the library too, but it's too crowded and too immense for myliking.

2. juice2352

juice2352

Find a library no one goes to. I prefer studying in my room, but for people like you I recommend finding a not so popular library.

3. derventa

derventa

Yall ol' multiple library having bammas.....small state school FTL.

4. lazy b

lazy b

What Juice said.

If I really need to get some work done, I run over to the math library and just hunker down. No one goes there at all.

5. nomoplayinga

nomoplayinga

OP I had the same problem. If your school has a law program, try out their law library instead of the general university library. For me the law library was aguaranteed spot for silence and space (tables and rooms).

6. throwedindagame

throwedindagame

Your a freshman so you might not have access to your Major's facilities...but that's where many ofthe serious upperclassmen study. You can probablyhave someone let you into one of the building after hours or piggyback some upperclassmen you know. Once you're in, depending on the type of building, youcan study in lecture halls, hallways, conference rooms, etc. My ideal spot is the private conference rooms that the researchers use. The building I use haswhiteboard walls, i.e. the entire wall is a whtieboard which allows for endless calculations[​IMG]. These are luxuries you will not find in the damn library. The library becomes azoo during finals. You can go to the iviest of ivy leagues or the most technical of engineering schools, but come finals week, the library is not conducive toeffective studying.

If not a conference room, I try some quite hallway locations with good lighting. I mess with lecture halls too during the semester. However, during finals weekeveryone flocks to the lecture halls and they become the new library. Dudes start watching movies on projectors[​IMG]

Berkley is a research institute right? So there should be research buildings with people in them at all times. Great access opportunities if you need someoneto swipe you in.

7. rcdp

rcdp

Doesn't Cal have like underground study stations in the library?

8. savraj1

savraj1

Yeah, the main library does extend underground.
    @ThrowedinDaGame and noplayinga, those are some good ideas. I'm trying to get to know some underclassmen in my program right now, and the law librarysounds ideal. (I'm considering that field right now.)
    thanks everyone

9. johnnyredstorm

johnnyredstorm

Get your books and head over to the English Department. Odds are they have a table in there that nobody ever sits at or uses and it's always quiet as hellin there.