College Textbook Websites

Does anybody know where I can get textbooks discounted. I usually rely on half.com but all the books I need are kind of expensive on there. Does anybody know any alternative options for books?

campusbookrentals.com

i rented books from them for relatively cheap. like $35 a book for 10 weeks

I second Abebooks. My chemistry textbook was supposed to cost me upwards of $150. I got it for $50. Mind you, I have the international edition (which is exactly the same as the standard edition that we use in terms of content). International editions just tend to be in paperback format. I recommend them. Quick shipping and great prices.

keep in mind that these "internation editions" are counterfeit and has no resale value.

sometimes it's worth buying a used real copy and reselling that for close to the same price you got it for.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

sometimes it's worth buying a used real copy and reselling that for close to the same price you got it for.
I'm not quoting in quite the same context, but this has actually been cheaper than renting in several situations for me.

spent roughly $300 on textbooks... 
ohwell.gif
 One book was an investment though; plan on keeping the chemistry book for a few years.

plan on making it all back from the freshman next year though.

Do any of you guys keep your books? Or sell it back immediately after you're done with them?

Originally Posted by chris82790

Do any of you guys keep your books? Or sell it back immediately after you're done with them?
Depends on the book. If I find it to be useful in the future I keep it. If it's a psychology or chemistry book then off it goes.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

keep in mind that these "internation editions" are counterfeit and has no resale value.

thats exactly what I do.  Amazon Marketplace is where I get all my books; don't even bother comparing prices.

would it be better to buy a new book and sell it back?
or to rent a book?

cause I have a book I want to buy on amazon for 150 and its telling me that they'll buy it back for $122 at the end of the year....but the rental places are letting me rent them for $90
I feel like theres some kind of trick in the buying and selling method....where they'll end up making an excuse or something and only giving you half of the money they promised.
help is appreciated, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom