Colorado movie shooter's not guilty by insanity plea: ACCEPTED Vol. What!?

halftime

formerly halftime
[h1]Judge accepts theater shooting suspect's insanity plea[/h1]
By CNN Staff

updated 12:43 PM EDT, Tue June 4, 2013

(CNN)  -- A Denver-area judge on Tuesday accepted a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity by Colorado movie theater shooting suspect James Holmes, according to CNN affiliates KMGH and KUSA.

Judge Carlos Samour Jr.'s ruling comes about a month after Holmes' attorneys asked to change his plea from a standard not guilty -- a move that followed the prosecution's decision to seek the death penalty.

Holmes faces murder and other charges in the July 20 shooting spree in Aurora that killed 12 people and wounded dozens more at the premiere of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises."

Holmes' previous not-guilty plea had been entered by a judge on his behalf in March, over his objection, Holmes' defense team has said.

The defendant had offered to plead guilty and spend the rest of his life behind bars if authorities would spare his life, but prosecutors in Arapahoe County announced in April they would seek the death penalty.

he is going to a mental institution. Odds are he will be free, at some point in his life.

Well, I mean....
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Hell of a lawyer I guess.

Last edited:
Not even surprised. This country's justice system has always been a joke. As soon as I heard people saying he's "disturbed" and other **** it was expected.

I mean every mass shooter is disturbed/ has mental issues, what's to not make this protocol then?

Not even surprised. This country's justice system has always been a joke. As soon as I heard people saying he's "disturbed" and other **** it was expected.
forreal. completely agree with this. a damn shame someone can get off by saying "im crazy"
holmes knew to seem unstable put on all these faces in court for the people to see him

ima dub it a "in court flop"

Last edited:
"The father of Aurora Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes is Robert Holmes, the lead scientist for the credit score company FICO. "

Of course he has a good lawyer....

Last edited:
it's because it was a setup. they don't want to punish him for doing something he didn't actually do, so they'll let him off. The message was still sent and the effect they were going for, they got.

Last edited:
Well he is crazy isnt he?

Doesnt mean he should get outta jail in 30 years though

Lock him up for life!

**** it, I'm just gonna be the firestarter and say the truth!

Had he been a black man he would have been facing 5 years till death right now!

This is a load of ********! :smh:

This is just accepting the plea. Now they need to run test if he is crazy or not. Even though this takes months, nothing really changes and the jurors have to believe he was crazy at the time. I doubt anyone on the stands would be convinced that he was insane at the time. He's still going to either do life or be on death row. They even said that it is unlikely he would be let free.

this is what makes me sick. w t f.

"The defendant offered to plead guilty and spend the rest of his life behind bars if authorities would spare his life, but prosecutors in Arapahoe County announced in April they would seek the death penalty.

The defense then decided to make an insanity plea."

Seriously though, why do we have jails?

These individuals should be trained, time to start operation human shield... right... Jails are overcrowded and just cost taxpayers tons of money.

Back
Top Bottom