Columbia University Neuroscientist Professor Has Been Recreationally Taking Heroin for 5 Years.

i don't like his justification that people can still function and do their job = this drug isn't bad.
i used to be a functioning alcoholic that doesn't make any less worse than it really is. that just means i adapted to being a drunk. it was still very damaging.
If someone truly wanted to test this professors conviction, all they'd have to ask him to do, is for him to try and quit.

I'd bet he can't.

Last edited:
Bragging about drug use, big yikes. He waited for tenure so he's practically untouchable and his book seems to be doing well. I wish him the best but it won't end well, not on heroin.

Whenever I hear of a professional thinking they can defeat hard drugs I remember this dude

I knew there was another thread on this

God damn thats some addiction, he died several months after da recording

I don’t mess with hard drugs, so pardon if this comment is ignorant, but isn’t the concern with heroin that if you get a “bad” batch it could result in fairly serious health problems?

Bragging about drug use, big yikes. He waited for tenure so he's practically untouchable and his book seems to be doing well. I wish him the best but it won't end well, not on heroin.
Dude probably has the shakes after his last lecture and goes "ghosts" during lab hours. :lol:

His study is kinda off though. Could be doing better without it? I’d say yes. I’d imagine take a heroin break isn’t helping anyone professionally and personally.

I don’t mess with hard drugs, so pardon if this comment is ignorant, but isn’t the concern with heroin that if you get a “bad” batch it could result in fairly serious health problems?

Any "bad" batch of drugs can be harmful. It's a serious problem with cocaine, which is why I feel that should be legalized as well. It's not even a Schedule 1 drug. It's allowed to be produced by one company in the US, and mostly used as a local anesthetic. Marijuana is scheduled as a drug that has no medicinal value. It's completely backwards. Just legalize cocaine already. Let people get the real deal from certified producers.

One of my bigger regrets is that I didn't use drugs while playing sports. I had an issue with a bit of anxiety that would put me in the most mellow mood during big games because it would almost paralyze me. People used to call me white ice cuz I was just so emotionless / cool in the moment. A lot of people think that this was a good thing, but while my performance was top notch, I'd go from literally not caring at all to an emotional wreck if something went wrong.

I'm convinced that if I found the right drug to balance my anxiety I would have gone D1. It was almost like I cared so much I didn't care at all. I cany really explain it.

I do mushrooms now.

I think the main concern is how extremely addictive it is and how hard it is to get off it once addicted but yes that's certainly a part of it. Physical addiction kicks in very very quickly and you gradually need more and more as the body's opioid tolerance grows.
The professor said he got "mild withdrawals" within just 10 days of use.

Last edited:
I assume it is easy to suggest boy can be used recreationally when you smoke/snort/swallow that **** cause you have means to do so for five years. Different story when putting it in your veins.

People can get by in daily life being junkies when the money is right. Let the money run out and the real test comes.

Any side effects of prolonged use of heroin if you do not overdose ? E.g. organ failure, cancer etc, possible blood vessel blockave etc.

Keith Richards is still live and well at 77.

Any side effects of prolonged use of heroin if you do not overdose

Not necessarily bc opioid receptors are more so located in your central nervous system.

Chronic opioid use just puts you more at risk of the more common adverse effects (constipation, dependence, withdrawals, sedation) and possibly the most severe one of respiratory depression which is what leads to coma/death.

Always funny when people try to blame MJ’s death on his doctor. That man committed suicide. He killed himself he knew what he was doing.

I think the main concern is how extremely addictive it is and how hard it is to get off it once addicted but yes that's certainly a part of it. Physical addiction kicks in very very quickly and you gradually need more and more as the body's opioid tolerance grows.
The professor said he got "mild withdrawals" within just 10 days of use.

Yeahhhh, I’m good :lol: I think it’s a little dangerous for the professor to be trivializing it as if it’s the same as a glass of wine after dinner.

Any side effects of prolonged use of heroin if you do not overdose ? E.g. organ failure, cancer etc, possible blood vessel blockave etc.

Keith Richards is still live and well at 77.
The worst direct side effect would probably be liver damage.

Mine is already very very slightly damaged (nothing serious) at 26 years old from sporadic opioid abuse throughout the past 5 years.
My diet and alcohol consumption were ruled out as factors. I eat healthy and only drink a glass or 2 of champagne on a handful of occasions per year.

Last edited:
Damn.

Opiate withdrawals was an absolute walk through hell and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Last edited:
Damn.

Opiate withdrawals was an absolute walk through hell and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.
You went through it as well? If you don’t mind answering, which opioid was it and what were your withdrawal symptoms? Which one(s) were significantly worse than the others? I presume you tapered down instead of going cold turkey.

For reference, my multiple experiences with opioid withdrawals from attempting and ultimately failing to taper down my Tramadol dosage are in a post I made earlier in this thread.

I’m very curious about how our experiences may differ.

Def some misinformation in this thread lol. People gotta understand, not everybody reacts the same way to any given drug

I was wild in high school, I have tried many different drugs. Luckily never fell into addiction. Many drugs to have positive use cases and most can also be abused enough to ruin your life

Never tried heroine, crack, nothing like that for the record.

And I truly believe that shrooms have a real future in the medical field for mental issues. Wish my fiance wasnt so grown, id still indulge once or twice a year if she was with it

Def some misinformation in this thread lol. People gotta understand, not everybody reacts the same way to any given drug

I was wild in high school, I have tried many different drugs. Luckily never fell into addiction. Many drugs to have positive use cases and most can also be abused enough to ruin your life

And I truly believe that shrooms have a real future in the medical field for mental issues. Wish my fiance wasnt so grown, id still indulge once or twice a year if she was with it
You’re right, different people have different side effects but show me a person who “didn’t look that bad” after a year a meth use :lol:

I know a girl who pops was a functioning crackhead. Dude held down a good paying job and had 9 kids. Bought a house in the burbs and 2 vans but would do crack every weekend for years.

You went through it as well? If you don’t mind answering, which opioid was it and what were your withdrawal symptoms? Which one(s) were significantly worse than the others? I presume you tapered down instead of going cold turkey.

For reference, my multiple experiences with opioid withdrawals from attempting and ultimately failing to taper down my Tramadol dosage are in a post I made earlier in this thread.

I’m very curious about how our experiences may differ.

roxicodone (30 mg)

withdrawal symptoms:
all the above

the worse:
chills
lethargy
overall feeling of absolute, utter death

I tried cold turkey, tapering down, all of it. I been through it too many times to count.

thankfully I beat that ***** into submission

And I truly believe that shrooms have a real future in the medical field for mental issues.

100%
My shroom experiences in my younger years were pretty transformative, as far as perspective is concerned.

I think shrooms can help with all kinds of things, even addiction.

lots of room to grow in this field, I really think it can do BIG things.

I think a lot of us are looking at material things and such but aren’t looking at the internal problems these drugs have. Not just talking about dependency only either. “He looks to be doing fine” isn’t the whole story

I think a lot of us are looking at material things and such but aren’t looking at the internal problems these drugs have. Not just talking about dependency only either. “He looks to be doing fine” isn’t the whole story

underlying trauma. every time.

of course there is recreational drug use, but if somebody is doing something over and over, they're doing it to mask something

Back
Top Bottom