Come on Nike!! Drop OG Air Trainer II........STAT! (petition)

You know we want them!

Sign your name here and help them decide.

And no crappy colourways, OG, OG!.

Best shoe ever made...

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

Don't make me chase you for it....

Yes Please!!!! Literally for the last 2 days I have been thinking about how and why no OG colors of this shoe ever drop...A petition is duely needed....Come on Nike, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!
No More RETRO+ stuff

I had a long post ready to post but felt it wasn't constructive.

All I will say is , its never too late to Honor the past. You usually do that first before letting a brand like Supreme murder and drag your shoes in the mud. But Nike SB did no better. Nike needs to hire guys that have a deeper appreciation for the past. I'm a traditionalist at heart. First step is always to honor the shoe in its original inception.

The shape is right, all the elements are there for something special:

tronic urbanfreeflows comparison photo in team vintage heat
2421582374_10260d5da4_o.jpg

I always wonder, how do you revert back to the basic colorways after going through the SUPREME and SB phases?

Was there an original black based colorblocking of the Air Trainer II???...Pictures of Trainer II's seem to be scarce so if there was I would love to see a picture. Thanks

In 1987, while dozens of people were buying Jordans for the hype (yes, hype has always existed), hundreds of people were making sport in a pair of trainers.

Nike seems to forget how much they owe to cross trainers... It's sad, very sad.

Just a few pics of history:

2eowg3s.jpg

qpjg55.jpg

33wnxxl.jpg

2pydnux.jpg

s1t5ww.jpg

orrpy8.jpg

2w1tmjc.jpg

If you don't recognize the last one, it's this one:

zvu2c2.jpg
...yeah, trainers. A pair of cross trainers!

...Please, Nike show some respect!!!

BTW, Wally. You're always constructive. School us once again...

I don't remember a black based TW IIs. But these days, Nike used to make escape/hiking versions of a lot of models. Maybe there was an "escape" TW IIs...

^ Lemme take a shot at that.  The black SB one wally posted was, I think, from a couple years back?
nike-air-trainer-2-ii-sb-anthracite-reflective-silver-detailed-pictures-2.jpg

There was also a Tecmo Bo version...

bo_jackson_nike_air_trainer_ii_le_2.jpg

Nubuck upper is nice... patent-$#!^ kills it, IMO 
tired.gif

Anyway

wow. ive never seen many of those photos. You are exactly right. I dont remember those days so I can only recollect off of what others have stated but cross trainers back then were something else. A premier line for Nike. How they got forgotten and molested, I'll never know.

my favorite mens TW II:
airtrainerredd.jpg

White grey black and a hint of red
pimp.gif

----------------------
RE: black based trainers, the one in that photo are a retro C/W as noted by sinnerp.

As far as OG colorways of ANY cross trainer in general I can think of maybe 8 total in a 5 year span.

-at1 high and low black based safari theme:
xbfx9s.jpg
2lbdyrc.jpg

these from 1987-88 nike air cross trainer low
blacktrainer_large.jpg

then came the sc trainer II with a black based low in 89
65c1tx.jpg

(around this same time, 2 pitch black tier2/tier3 cross trainers came out. IE cheaper versions of the Signature models.

- your SC III HIGH RAIDER #34 in 90, and then in 91 the trainer max in black.white..

nike-air-trainer-sc-34-og-retro.jpg
img_5581_large.jpg

this tw lite was "considered a black based c/w" in 91:
nike6301sz9f_large.jpg

---------------

now that I think about it, there was an Air trainer "III" in a black base.. Batman had a pair
d7a25b64f76adc5bcd7bdecb76b23da549e3e2c.jpg

140250845e615c9acffb0f8766b6d87ab1b4c8b.jpg

In general though, from 87 to 91, black based shoes were rare. Even escape/ LE's didnt appear to fully come out until 92 and beyond. On a full numbers perspective, we may be looking at a 10 to 150 ratio, or a 1 to 15 or a 7% mark. Today, almost every release has a black based counterpart.

With that said almost all of these Trainer II retro colorways are dark colored based or black based. I can think of the white tecmo bo's and the all white supremes on the other spectrum. They have either been too extreme or too plain. nothing close to the OG counterparts
ohwell.gif

I was thinking more an original of the Air trainer II in a black mockup...I am familier with all of the Black retro+ and SB releases that are pictured above

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Lemme take a shot at that.  The black SB one wally posted was, I think, from a couple years back?
nike-air-trainer-2-ii-sb-anthracite-reflective-silver-detailed-pictures-2.jpg

There was also a Tecmo Bo version...

bo_jackson_nike_air_trainer_ii_le_2.jpg
I have both of these, but I'm still waiting for decent a white based colorway. My fear is that Nike might kill any more releases due to the so far lackluster sales... which are a direct result of Nike's terrible colorway releases.

Originally Posted by 2ColdCrew88

I was thinking more an original of the Air trainer II in a black mockup...I am familier with all of the Black retro+ and SB releases that are pictured above
Looking once again to my catalogue scans, adverts and random internet pics, I can't find no one of a pair of OG Trainer TW IIs with a black based CW.

If this is a petition sign me on for Nike to do a true honest to the original classic retro AT II SC.

Like these please & true to the colourway, no fancy limited stuff - http://theshoegame.com/wp...-trainer-sc-ii-og-ad.jpg

(I miss the OG ads, by the way... Nike print ads don't "POP" as much anymore
tired.gif
)

I would pay full on RETAIL for these LOL

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

Originally Posted by 2ColdCrew88

Looking once again to my catalogue scans, adverts and random internet pics, I can't find no one of a pair of OG Trainer TW IIs with a black based CW.

Thats the conclusion I kept coming to with my research...I just figured they had to have released one and I was just missing something.

And I couldn't agree more jbv1...No Pop...ads these days are all dark and "artistic"...I mis the bold and fun ads.  I like the quote in your sig as well.

Back
Top Bottom