Comics VS Manga which is better?

Ok I thought I would take a thread I saw on /Co/ and bring it to Nike talk

Which one is better Comics or Manga.

Manga has been gaining grounds in this country like a Bullet train in this country and people are loving it. Manga sections are getting biggger and biggerwhile comic sections stay to that spin rack. Though as I person who reads both I see the attraction of manga's simplistic stories-complex ones(even thoughtheir rarely bring the good stuff to america) which you can easily read from beginning toend. Unlike comics where you have to be on Wikipedia for hours when your new to a character trying to figure all the backstory EX Damian Wayne(Batmans son) andRed Arrow.

Plus with comics you have to go to a comics bookshop or convention with all those elitist who look at you funny
indifferent.gif
for asking for power girl variant(dont flame). As with manga you just goto borders.

So which is better Comics or Manga

Me I'm on the fence cause I have read so damn good mangas like Mercenary Pierre and Hourou Musuko which left a impression on me and I love Comics ALOT
[h2]
[/h2]

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Manga has been gaining grounds in this country like a Bullet train in this country and people are loving it. Manga sections are getting biggger and bigger while comic sections stay to that spin rack. Though as I person who reads both I see the attraction of manga's simplistic stories-complex ones(even though their rarely bring the good stuff to america) which you can easily read from beginning to end. Unlike comics where you have to be on Wikipedia for hours when your new to a character trying to figure all the backstory EX Damian Wayne(Batmans son) and Red Arrow.

Plus with comics you have to go to a comics bookshop or convention with all those elitist who look at you funny
indifferent.gif
for asking for power girl variant(dont flame). As with manga you just go to borders.

So

Look into websites like One Manga and Manga Fox.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Manga has been gaining grounds in this country like a Bullet train in this country and people are loving it. Manga sections are getting biggger and bigger while comic sections stay to that spin rack. Though as I person who reads both I see the attraction of manga's simplistic stories-complex ones(even though their rarely bring the good stuff to america) which you can easily read from beginning to end. Unlike comics where you have to be on Wikipedia for hours when your new to a character trying to figure all the backstory EX Damian Wayne(Batmans son) and Red Arrow.

indifferent.gif
for asking for power girl variant(dont flame). As with manga you just go to borders.

So

Look into websites like One Manga and Manga Fox.
Mangatraders.com and Mydailymanga.com ALL that

Manga.

I prefer it. They aren't super deep, but you have to think to really understand them.

FLCL is a great example.
pimp.gif

its almost like comparing apples to oranges. they both have very different tastes and appeals.
Manga is a lot more broader than comics though. ALOT.

Back
Top Bottom