Coming 2 America will be PG-13..SMDH

87DDEC8A-872F-4968-96B2-321B9CAAEA73.jpeg

Yeah, you heard it. This movie will be PG-13..
My hopes for this movie has dropped tremendously. The original one was rated R and this is how the second one should be.. Now it’s a guarantee that this movie isn’t going to be that funny.. Thoughts?

These rebooted sequels to me are always too slick and too many good looking people - the fun of the original was often the grittiness.

I guess though we gotta appreciate this is a real sequel and not some reboot "with an all-female cast" and same exact title.

Coming to America is one of my favorite movies of all-time. I can’t begin to describe how elated I was when the talks of a sequel being made were in their infancy. I read every rumor article on the web until it was confirmed and remained optimistic when new cast members names were being leaked. Then came the plot synopsis, which sounded meh. I lost all hope when I saw the trailer, which imo verified the dumpster fire this movie will most likely be. Now hearing it’s PG-13 doesn’t surprise me, I guess some sequels should never be made.

Y’all boys just parroting things other people say about remakes. Other than the balcony scene and the barbershop scene, I can’t think of any quotables from the original that had f-bombs. It was only a couple of *******. So I don’t understand how y’all think the rating is going to change the comedy.

I don’t think Eddie signs on if it’s trash to be honest. Of this ends up like the dumb and dumber sequel though...... eeeee

Y’all boys just parroting things other people say about remakes. Other than the balcony scene and the barbershop scene, I can’t think of any quotables from the original that had f-bombs. It was only a couple of *******. So I don’t understand how y’all think the rating is going to change the comedy.

You were saying?

These rebooted sequels to me are always too slick and too many good looking people - the fun of the original was often the grittiness.

I guess though we gotta appreciate this is a real sequel and not some reboot "with an all-female cast" and same exact title.
Yeah o agree. Not knowing what the heck we were getting into gave movies like those a huge element of surprise. I hope the writers are legit because if they want to rehash part 1 again it’s not gonna fly. Movies today just don’t have that almost amateur appeal like they did in the 80’s -90’s.

Rush Hour was my perfect PG-13 laugh out loud movie growing up. Saw it in the theater 3 times. Thought it was the funniest thing ever and all within the bounds of a PG-13. Didn't push any limits either.

"You want any fives with that?" :lol:

Still holds up great too. I think even the younger generations would get a kick out of it.

Rush Hour was my perfect PG-13 laugh out loud movie growing up. Saw it in the theater 3 times. Thought it was the funniest thing ever and all within the bounds of a PG-13. Didn't push any limits either.

"You want any fives with that?" :lol:

Still holds up great too. I think even the younger generations would get a kick out of it.
Watched that again randomly like a year ago. So many times I thought “they can’t say that anymore” :lol:

Back
Top Bottom