Commercial Airlines Are Officially a Joke

november33rd

Banned
Joined Apr 29, 2009
[table][tr][th=""]Airline[/th] [th=""]Applies to...[/th] [th=""]1st bag[/th] [th=""]2nd bag[/th] [th=""]Snacks &Meals[/th] [th=""]Special Notes[/th] [/tr][tr][td]

AeroMexico[/td] [td] To/From Mexico and Central America[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]Snacks Free
Meals Free[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Air Canada[/td] [td]Domestic Within Canada, Canada and United States including Hawaii[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]Snacks $2
Meals $2-7[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

AirTran Airways[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $1-6
Meals Not Avail.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Alaska Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $5
Meals $5[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

American Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada,
U.S Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3-4
Meals $6-10[/td] [td] Exceptions:
  • Customers who purchase First or Business Class tickets
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members as well as customers flying on the same reservation
  • Customers who purchase full-fare tickets in Economy Class
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Continental Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic,
Latin America[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks Free
Meals Free[/td] [td]
  • Fee for the first checked bag for certain customers who purchase economy-class tickets.
  • The service fee will not apply to EliteAccess customers, including those seated in First or BusinessFirst, OnePass Elite and SkyTeam Elite members, customers traveling on full-fare economy (Y) class tickets, or military personnel and their families traveling on official orders.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Delta Airlines[/td] [td]
Domestic, International
[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]Snacks $0-3
Meals $6-8[/td] [td]
Domestic Economy- 1st bag $15, 2nd bag $25

International Economy - $50 beginning July 1, 2009, for tickets purchased on or After April 21, 2009.

Exclusions on Baggage Policy:
  • First and Business Class passengers
  • SkyMiles/WorldPerks Elite members (Executive/ Platinum/ Gold/ Silver, including Flying Colonels)
  • Active duty military members traveling on orders
  • Passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 21, 2009
  • Passengers who are confirmed on a Full Y class Economy ticket.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Frontier Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3
Meals $3-6[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Hawaiian Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks Free

Jet Blue Airways[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$20[/td] [td]Snacks Free
Meals Not Avail.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Mexicana Airlines[/td] [td]International including to/from the United States[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]Snacks Free

Midwest Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $4
Meals $6-11[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Northwest Airlines[/td] [td]
Domestic, International
[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]Snacks $0-3
Meals $6-8[/td] [td]
Domestic Economy- 1st bag $15, 2nd bag $25

International Economy - $50 beginning July 1, 2009, for tickets purchased on or After April 21, 2009.

Exclusions on Baggage Policy:
  • First and Business Class passengers
  • SkyMiles/WorldPerks Elite members (Executive/ Platinum/ Gold/ Silver, including Flying Colonels)
  • Active duty military members traveling on orders
  • Passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 21, 2009
  • Passengers who are confirmed on a Full Y class Economy ticket.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Spirit Airlines[/td] [td] Domestic[/td] [td]$19[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $2-4
Meals Not Avail.[/td] [td]
  • 1st Bag $19 when paid using On-line Check-In or $25 at the airport
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Sun Country Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic,
International[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3
Meals $3[/td] [td]
  • First Class tickets will not be assessed the $15 fee.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

United Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3-6
Meals $9[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

US Airways[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada, Latin America, Caribbean[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $5
Meals $7[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]

USA 3000[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada, Latin America, Caribbean[/td] [td]See Notes[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $7
Meals $7[/td] [td] Domestic
  • First bag is $9 when checking in online, $12 for airport check-in
Canada, Latin America, Caribbean
  • First bag free
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Virgin America[/td] [td]All routes[/td] [td]See Notes[/td] [td]See Notes[/td] [td]Main Cabin: $7 - $9
Main Cabin Select: Free
[/td] [td] [table][tr][th=""]Cabin/Class[/th] [th=""]1st Bag[/th] [th=""]2nd Bag[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Main Cabin[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Main Cabin Select[/td] [td]Free[/td] [td]$15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Refundable Fares[/td] [td]Free[/td] [td]$15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]First Class[/td] [td]Free[/td] [td]Free

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
All the damn fees. $15 just to check one bag?

Not to mention the flight experience is garbage. I don't mind the layovers. But then there's the long *$% security checkpoints and overpriced food inthe terminals.

BWI airport > _____ though

solewoman

Staff member
Joined Jul 27, 2006
lmfao thats crazy...i was just printing my itinerary and was griping about the bag fee. Really we have to pay for one bag now. ftmfl! last i flew was lastsummer and i dont remember this crap.

Joined Jul 22, 2008
Originally Posted by November33rd

BWI airport > _____ though

co-sign ...also being in the military is so nice when it comes to flying commercial. never have to worry about those extra fees and security is always a breezewhen your in uniform

november33rd

Banned
Joined Apr 29, 2009
Southwest is the best and they have the best commercials. They just need to start offering more flights to more airports in more cities. If I could I'd flywith them everytime.

Joined Aug 15, 2001
although Southwest feels like you are riding a giant school bus with wings (the imfamous line-ups), it is definitely the best airline to fly...they have gottenmuch better since implementing some structure with the numbering system...
airlines charging to check a bag is crazy...next thing they will be charging for carry-ons!
-sf77

Joined Mar 26, 2009
Originally Posted by November33rd

Southwest is the best and they have the best commercials. They just need to start offering more flights to more airports in more cities. If I could I'd fly with them everytime.
word, plus it seems like their the only airline making money. They don't charge for nothing

maw

Joined Aug 12, 2007
this is outrageous. Some day they are gonna charge u such and such based on what you wear like hats and junk

trueshotaura

Banned
Joined Nov 10, 2007
I know how you feel. I was a 15 hour flight away from home and only had $5. Couldn't buy any food so I had a crunch bar @ 2.99

Joined Mar 13, 2004
Just whatever you do...DON'T FLY SPIRIT!! If you've got to fly over an ocean on Spirit, you'd be more comfortable swimming...no joke. My legs arestill asleep.

Joined Feb 12, 2003
I hate how I booked my flight to Greece during a "sale" only to find the price go down (a couple hundred bucks, too) AFTER the sale....like who toutsa sale and then lowers the price afterward?

Joined Apr 2, 2007
Spirit just changed their prices, it was different in Feb.
and just think about them charging to use the bathroom!!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now