Commercial Airlines Are Officially a Joke

november33rd

Banned
[table][tr][th=""]Airline[/th] [th=""]Applies to...[/th] [th=""]1st bag[/th] [th=""]2nd bag[/th] [th=""]Snacks &Meals[/th] [th=""]Special Notes[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
AM.gif

AeroMexico[/td] [td] To/From Mexico and Central America[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]Snacks Free
Meals Free[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AC.gif

Air Canada[/td] [td]Domestic Within Canada, Canada and United States including Hawaii[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]Snacks $2
Meals $2-7[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
FL.gif

AirTran Airways[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $1-6
Meals Not Avail.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AS.gif

Alaska Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $5
Meals $5[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
AA.gif

American Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada,
U.S Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3-4
Meals $6-10[/td] [td] Exceptions:
  • Customers who purchase First or Business Class tickets
  • AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members as well as customers flying on the same reservation
  • Customers who purchase full-fare tickets in Economy Class
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
CO.gif

Continental Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic,
Latin America[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks Free
Meals Free[/td] [td]
  • Fee for the first checked bag for certain customers who purchase economy-class tickets.
  • The service fee will not apply to EliteAccess customers, including those seated in First or BusinessFirst, OnePass Elite and SkyTeam Elite members, customers traveling on full-fare economy (Y) class tickets, or military personnel and their families traveling on official orders.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
DL.gif

Delta Airlines[/td] [td]
Domestic, International
[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]Snacks $0-3
Meals $6-8[/td] [td]
Domestic Economy- 1st bag $15, 2nd bag $25

International Economy - $50 beginning July 1, 2009, for tickets purchased on or After April 21, 2009.

Exclusions on Baggage Policy:
  • First and Business Class passengers
  • SkyMiles/WorldPerks Elite members (Executive/ Platinum/ Gold/ Silver, including Flying Colonels)
  • Active duty military members traveling on orders
  • Passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 21, 2009
  • Passengers who are confirmed on a Full Y class Economy ticket.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
F9.gif

Frontier Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3
Meals $3-6[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
HA.gif

Hawaiian Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks Free
B6.gif

Jet Blue Airways[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$20[/td] [td]Snacks Free
Meals Not Avail.[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
MX.gif

Mexicana Airlines[/td] [td]International including to/from the United States[/td] [td]No Fee[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]Snacks Free
YX.gif

Midwest Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $4
Meals $6-11[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
NW.gif

Northwest Airlines[/td] [td]
Domestic, International
[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]See notes[/td] [td]Snacks $0-3
Meals $6-8[/td] [td]
Domestic Economy- 1st bag $15, 2nd bag $25

International Economy - $50 beginning July 1, 2009, for tickets purchased on or After April 21, 2009.

Exclusions on Baggage Policy:
  • First and Business Class passengers
  • SkyMiles/WorldPerks Elite members (Executive/ Platinum/ Gold/ Silver, including Flying Colonels)
  • Active duty military members traveling on orders
  • Passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 21, 2009
  • Passengers who are confirmed on a Full Y class Economy ticket.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
NK.gif

Spirit Airlines[/td] [td] Domestic[/td] [td]$19[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $2-4
Meals Not Avail.[/td] [td]
  • 1st Bag $19 when paid using On-line Check-In or $25 at the airport
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
SY.gif

Sun Country Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic,
International[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3
Meals $3[/td] [td]
  • First Class tickets will not be assessed the $15 fee.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
UA.gif

United Airlines[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $3-6
Meals $9[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
US.gif

US Airways[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada, Latin America, Caribbean[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $5
Meals $7[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
U5.gif

USA 3000[/td] [td]Domestic, Canada, Latin America, Caribbean[/td] [td]See Notes[/td] [td]$25[/td] [td]Snacks $7
Meals $7[/td] [td] Domestic
  • First bag is $9 when checking in online, $12 for airport check-in
Canada, Latin America, Caribbean
  • First bag free
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
VX.gif

Virgin America[/td] [td]All routes[/td] [td]See Notes[/td] [td]See Notes[/td] [td]Main Cabin: $7 - $9
Main Cabin Select: Free
[/td] [td] [table][tr][th=""]Cabin/Class[/th] [th=""]1st Bag[/th] [th=""]2nd Bag[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Main Cabin[/td] [td]$15[/td] [td]$15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Main Cabin Select[/td] [td]Free[/td] [td]$15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Refundable Fares[/td] [td]Free[/td] [td]$15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]First Class[/td] [td]Free[/td] [td]Free

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
All the damn fees. $15 just to check one bag?
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Not to mention the flight experience is garbage. I don't mind the layovers. But then there's the long *$% security checkpoints and overpriced food inthe terminals.

BWI airport > _____ though

lmfao thats crazy...i was just printing my itinerary and was griping about the bag fee. Really we have to pay for one bag now. ftmfl! last i flew was lastsummer and i dont remember this crap.

Originally Posted by November33rd

BWI airport > _____ though

co-sign ...also being in the military is so nice when it comes to flying commercial. never have to worry about those extra fees and security is always a breezewhen your in uniform

Southwest is the best and they have the best commercials. They just need to start offering more flights to more airports in more cities. If I could I'd flywith them everytime.

although Southwest feels like you are riding a giant school bus with wings (the imfamous line-ups), it is definitely the best airline to fly...they have gottenmuch better since implementing some structure with the numbering system...
airlines charging to check a bag is crazy...next thing they will be charging for carry-ons!
-sf77

Originally Posted by November33rd

Southwest is the best and they have the best commercials. They just need to start offering more flights to more airports in more cities. If I could I'd fly with them everytime.
word, plus it seems like their the only airline making money. They don't charge for nothing

laugh.gif
this is outrageous. Some day they are gonna charge u such and such based on what you wear like hats and junk

laugh.gif
I know how you feel. I was a 15 hour flight away from home and only had $5. Couldn't buy any food so I had a crunch bar @ 2.99
smh.gif

Just whatever you do...DON'T FLY SPIRIT!! If you've got to fly over an ocean on Spirit, you'd be more comfortable swimming...no joke. My legs arestill asleep.

I hate how I booked my flight to Greece during a "sale" only to find the price go down (a couple hundred bucks, too) AFTER the sale....like who toutsa sale and then lowers the price afterward?

Spirit just changed their prices, it was different in Feb.
smh.gif
and just think about them charging to use the bathroom!!

Back
Top Bottom