Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I try to understand people's struggles, but his rant felt mad stupid to me and I don't understand why Nadeska turnt up right along with him :lol:

I think he misunderstood what they were saying. I think he thought they were just saying all he does is cover gossip and not the music itself

Ak too gassed now, he know damn well nobody going to his page to hear his "opinion" on music I'm dead as **** @ him tryna act all up in arms

He also know who his fanbase aka the "chat _'s" is mostly made up of, its the same type of people that make up Lil Pump and No Jumpers fanbase i.e. nerdy *** suburban teens :rofl:

It's true that this is a sizable portion of the people consuming rap these days, but come the **** on now

I shudder at the thought of spending more than a few minutes with these type of crowds. And what makes it worse that when some of the younger platforms talk about what's "hot" they specifically look at that crowd as the basis.

So now AK tryna act like he some hip hop music reviewer. **** outta here. lol He know he built his following and "brand" off of nonsense. Dude is a hip hop Perez Hilton. His fans are people that wanna see and hear BS and he provides that.

Fam, get that Chance song all the way the **** out of here. ****in Blackstreet x Soul for Real ****in mashup sample. I'm super good dog. Tired of these ****s sampling 90s classics and disrespecting them.

Ak buggin out was funny as hell.

Nebraska looked like she was gonna quit. She should.

Last edited:
These young dudes :smh:

It goes along with what Jada was saying. Nobody in the 90's said that you shouldn't diss someone because they're more successful than you. You either respond or you don't.

He's still on this Drake stuff. Heaven forbid if Common went at Drake in 2017.

and his long *** defensive rant :smh: His minions must be putting a battery in his back.

And everyone knows he's the Rap version of Bossip. If he didn't post about gossip, rappers wouldn't be upset at him.

Kodak Black is a crack baby

Can we talk about Ak's platform tho?

We're all in agreement he's getting paid from artists/labels right? There are certain dudes who he posts WAY too much for there not to be some sort of agreement there.

He claims he doesn't

Which makes sense. We're in the age of fake independence right now.

But doesn't common sense say that someone who has a platform that big...is not doing **** for free? I mean why would he?

If *****es with 20K in following are out here getting Flat Tummy Tea checks...how realistic is it that someone with millions of followers across multiple social media platforms isn't monetizing ad space?

boys say slanderous stuff then say moving on, next topic

ak was done with it lol

mama deska gotta chill

Which makes sense. We're in the age of fake independence right now.

But doesn't common sense say that someone who has a platform that big...is not doing **** for free? I mean why would he?

If ******* with 20K in following are out here getting Flat Tummy Tea checks...how realistic is it that someone with millions of followers across multiple social media platforms isn't monetizing ad space?

With YouTube, IG, Twitch, their donation system and Complex. It's possible he racks up some pretty nice revenue without being paid by any artist or label. Not saying he doesn't but it is possible with all those platforms

I don't think ak gets paid by labels or artists

youtube and twitch alone will have you caked up

the way it's setup he has no reason to ever talk to an artist or label but I know they contact him

If ******* with 20K in following are out here getting Flat Tummy Tea checks...how realistic is it that someone with millions of followers across multiple social media platforms isn't monetizing ad space?

Good point. And Sneakertubers have gotten flown to sneaker releases and gotten kicks.

Well we know for a fact that he kiss all these lil dudes ***. Dude goes outta his way to "salute" them, never criticize, help push their image. I mean I **** with Kodak but you would think Kodak is Nas and CMurder combined listening to AK. He know he gotta cater to these HS kids and under 22 crowd.

Nedeska geeky *** really rose up on AK.
sabu.png

Go 'head deska.

I mean dude has played a huge role in helping some dudes rise in popularity

You cannot tell me Akademiks doesn't have alot to do w/ Lil Pump being a thing.

He should be getting called out like he is. All of these trash rappers have a major platform because of him and he chooses to hype them as if it were Jay in 2000.

He knows the lyrics and quality of music is lacking, but he's the ring leader and spokesman for that crowd.

Every new artist he covers from, playboi carti, Lil pump, that nba dude, some of the worst music I've ever heard.

The funny thing is people in the culture start to actually co-sign them. Then of course complex lands with its talons to scrape the remains.

I don't think he has a real opinion on music. I think he will like an artist, because everyone else likes it. Because that's often his retort, that's what the kids like or listen to. That's why it's whatever, you're 27 still following what 17 year olds do the point you can't formulate your own opinion.

That's why it's easy to attack Vic Mensa. He's not that popular to the masses.

Ak got Budden in his feelings when he said Budden ought not talk about artists who are above him lol Joey got UPSET

He was "over"-applying Joe's logic of he's not worthy of having an opinion on Diddy and other legends of that magnitude

Back
Top Bottom