Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dips got over their ********?
2mq5j5j.jpg

Cam shoulda been had a show on Vice. I stumbled on Bronson's new show the other day, it's the most random show ever...cam would flourish doing that type of ****. Search for that vid from a couple of months back meeting his neighbors for the first time, its hilarious.

Cam is really just a natural born entertainer... And going back to this convo from yesterday, i think Cam coming out as a fresh artist Today would be rivaling for one of the biggest artist in Rap PERIOD. Cam has always been relevant & had his impact felt, but the overall mainstream notoriety was only there for like a 2-3 period (because he simplt didn't wanna do the "norm" as far as singles go). him & the rest of the Set in this climate would have been OUTTA here.

[QUOTECam shoulda been had a show on Vice. I stumbled on Bronson's new show the other day, it's the most random show ever...cam would flourish doing that type of ****. Search for that vid from a couple of months back meeting his neighbors for the first time, its hilarious.][/QUOTE]

Someone called him raps Larry David & i have never heard a more accurate comparison. A Cam version of that show would be comedic gold.

I remember Joe was talking about Cyhi the other day on Everyday Struggle.... well they played a snippet of this on his pod today & this **** is FIRE. i'm almost 1000% sure this started off a Kanye song at first lol

I remember Joe was talking about Cyhi the other day on Everyday Struggle.... well they played a snippet of this on his pod today & this **** is FIRE. i'm almost 1000% sure this started off a Kanye song at first lol

He probably wrote the song for kimye , but he ain't on that **** no more so he flung it back on Cyhii.

All these drugs are lame/been lame.

Whoever keeps selling them to these kids needs addressing too.

I know I'm days late but just finished watching this "street" conversation between Joe and Ak as much as I hate Joe's delivery Ak sound like such a lil kid trying to defend himself. I'm not going to put much into Ak's age and lack of knowledge at his age because how else was he supposed to learn this part of life. Def applaud Joe for taking the heat of being the jerk in his delivery because the base concept of "separate yourself from dudes who are getting themselves into deeper trouble"

honestly at some point we gotta stop this insensitive talk when things like this go down..... I wasn't really aware of lil peep at all. So i'm going down Twitter last night & i'm seeing kids talking about how much he influenced their life & how his music helped them get through life etc etc

So i'm clicking on some of these songs & it's focused on nothing but drug use, I own this, My girl left etc etc.... basically things that cause depression & no real suggestion on how to solve it except more self destructive behavior. It's become more & more publicly accepted/ popular to claim your depression but not to actually try to get through it.

No solutions at all it just seems like people wanna say they're depressed, gain sympathy for it & anytime someone tries to offer some real life solutions their shot down for being "insensitive". In the case of lil peep dude was on his IG literally predicting his death, popping pills to the point he can't move & instead of people trying to help or offer other strategies. They showed him "Love" they called him a rockstar, they championed the activities that came as a result of the substance abuse & called him genius for it. This is gonna lead to more & more people thinking this is passable behavior & it isn't helping children at all.

This is why i hate when people say it's "just entertainment" with these rappers. We have young kids who need help being put in a position of influence with even younger kids.

peep got tricked wit fu pills that was fentanyl instead of his usual xanz n percs. homie shoulda gotta script smh

So i'm clicking on some of these songs & it's focused on nothing but drug use, I own this, My girl left etc etc.... basically things that cause depression & no real suggestion on how to solve it except more self destructive behavior. It's become more & more publicly accepted/ popular to claim your depression but not to actually try to get through it.

No solutions at all it just seems like people wanna say they're depressed, gain sympathy for it & anytime someone tries to offer some real life solutions their shot down for being "insensitive". In the case of lil peep dude was on his IG literally predicting his death, popping pills to the point he can't move & instead of people trying to help or offer other strategies. They showed him "Love" they called him a rockstar, they championed the activities that came as a result of the substance abuse & called him genius for it. This is gonna lead to more & more people thinking this is passable behavior & it isn't helping children at all.

I think we have a very one dimensional way of looking at talking about depression and such. I think people benefit from hearing that somebody else is going through the same kind of trauma that they are. The simple fact of hearing somebody else describe an issue that you are currently going through can be very calming know that you are not the only one. And if there's a guy out there making money while he's going through these same problems that person can see themselves being able to have "success" just like them

Back
Top Bottom