Compression sleeves, shorts, and pants....

Does anyone use any of these things on a regular basis?

I've been seeing lot's of NBA players using the sleeve, and I remember 2 years ago (I think) the pants were a big deal.

I'm just wondering what real benefit you get from using these products?

allen_iverson.jpg

g_wade_195.jpg

Carterrheat400.jpg

DETROIT BASKETBALL​
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

i think it just keeps there arm(s) warm. keep em loose to avoid cramps and stuff. same with the leg tights.

Pretty sure it's just to keep muscles loose and yeah, keep them warm.

Nice avatar Gritty.. :lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

They keep the muscles warm so as to prevent muscle strain, prevent chafing and rashes, and wicking sweat away from the skin.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

I know with Vince he wore the leggings because of his knees. They kept them warm & served a purpose similar to the knee sleeve some players wear.
New Jersey Nets More Than A Game
#1 Marcus Williams #2 Josh Boone #5 Jason Kidd - C #7 Bostjan Nachbar
#11 Darrell Armstrong #30 Malik Allen #12 Nenad Krstic #15 Vince Carter #21 Antoine Wright
#24 Richard Jefferson #20 Jamaal Magloire #35 Jason Collins #51 Sean Williams

I remember playing freshman football way back we were all always complaining because the girdle scrunched your boxers and killed your stuff, and I started wearing some of my dad's tight bike shorts, which were great. I also remember getting some of those long under armour comp shorts and some legging too (because I remember whenever I saw Jerry Rice training on TV, he'd always wear them; this was back in 01, before Kobe did it). Since then, if I'm playing basketball, football, softball, jogging, whatever, I'm wearing some long compression shorts (I can't stand feeling it ride up the thigh, they have to be long), or if it's cold, leggings.

compression shorts keep your muscles warm, and I definitely think it helps. Leggings feel really good too, not kiddin, so smooooth.
fs: mili IV, black V, carolina X, bred XI low, bred XII, french XII, flint XIII, bred XIV, black XIV, black XIX se
all size 10-10.5, ds to nds, cleaning out my closet

turn the music up
turn me down

I wear the leggings when I go running most of the time. Def. helps.
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS​
I AM.. The Remix Album

yeah, the compression is supposed to improve blood flow to the area and keep it warm

yea i use compression shorts 99% of the time when im playing basketball. they do help with the chafing, cramping, and prevent strains. its great. at first i was like how the hell can people pay 30+ for a pair of underwear but my girl got me a pair and i loved them so i got more.

i use the shorts for our basketball league. i was thinking about the full leg ones cause my left knee gets jacked sometimes. they can get a little pricey but definitely worth it.
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX..​
TEAM TEXAS LONGHORNS
this comment was made on a mac

my knee sounds like rice krispy's when i bend it especially when its cold...tights are a necessity
RAIDER NATION

Let yee nuts hang low or walk the plank
Asomugha - Burgess - Carr - Curry - Gabriel - Howard - Huff - Morrison - Porter - Washington​

Yo John you might see might out there tomorrow VC'ing it.

My knee has been bothering me something awful lately, and I don't want to wear a brace.

I saw the leggings for about $40, which isn't cheap but not totally expensive either
DETROIT BASKETBALL​
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

helps keep you warm...and keep you dry when you sweat.
Team New York​
4L8O15S16T23!42​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

haha. yup. i saw some for about the same price at chicks. i hate knee braces too. i might have to cop a pair. good luck on the game tomorrow. i'm going to keep my cool this time :D
happy.gif
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX..
TEAM TEXAS LONGHORNS
this comment was made on a mac

pretty sure allen iverson wears the sleeve because he has an inappropriate tattoo and the league makes him wear it
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

Quote:
pretty sure allen iverson wears the sleeve because he has an inappropriate tattoo and the league makes him wear it
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
Team Negrodamus
... because that's comin from a black man.
(Team Founder)
Buminator
"I had a great summer. I tested positive for being handsome."

:wow:
eek.gif
damn gritty that avy creeps me out :rofl:
roll.gif
Xbox 360 GT: swendro PSN ID: swendro
add me TODAY​

I tried them out like 10 years ago and still have a couple of McDavid ones, but ultimately I CANNOT stand anything tight-fitting on my body when playing sports. I prefer briefs and snug shorts under my uniform along with a regular cotton undershirt or long-sleeved shirt for cooler weather.

umm every single player in the nba wears compression shorts, the tights were stupid and the arm sleeves are for posers and morons.

I remember Divac never used to wear compression shorts and TNT (ESPN?) implemented the floor cam

:x
sick.gif
KOBEIS THEG.O.A.T.

when i said A.I wore the sleeve for an inappapropriate tattoo i didnt just pull that idea out of my A**. ive heard announcers say it and i remember reading it somewhere
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

Quote:
I remember Divac never used to wear compression shorts and TNT (ESPN?) implemented the floor cam

sick.gif

sick.gif

Quote:
when i said A.I wore the sleeve for an inappapropriate tattoo i didnt just pull that idea out of my A**. ive heard announcers say it and i remember reading it somewhere
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

Back
Top Bottom