Computer folks...recommend me a cheap small lap top please.

wj4

I just need a small laptop to go online and write documents in Word and Powerpoint with. I'm not looking to spend too much as I already have an iMac athome.

This saturday walmart is having some deals. there will be a laptop in there. but if you can wait, i suggest you camp out for black friday

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Netbook?
That's good to browse the web with. But I need something that has a bit more juice. This is strictly for work for grad schools...a lot ofpresentations with Powerpoints and writing long manuals and plans on Word.

Originally Posted by AirAsianJordan

This saturday walmart is having some deals. there will be a laptop in there. but if you can wait, i suggest you camp out for black friday
I used to work at Circuit City and worked through 2 Black Fridays. The computers that were deals were crap. Lowest models at OK at best prices. People just get sucked into the frenzy. There's no way I'm going to be lining up for that.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

What is the most your willing to spend OP?
I don't know how much entry lap tops cost now so I'm thinking $500-700 maybe? The only PC laptop I bought was a Gateway back in around2004 for around $1,500 and that was not an entry level one. After that broke down, I bought a Macbook and then an iMac.

I think what I want the laptop to do is pretty basic...internet, work on MS Office...so I don't think I would need to spend that much.

Back
Top Bottom