Computer heads, question about hard drives

EddieWinslow1983

formerly piczon1983
What's the difference betwen a standard hard drive and a solid state hardrive (SSD) ? Which one is better? Thanks in advance

Solid state drives don't have moving parts like standand mechanical HDs. For the general user who needs to write papers, check emails and whatnot. The SSDis a better (though more expensive) choice as it is much, much faster at those types of functions. If you're a gamer I'd stick with the standard HD fora few more years until they can get rid of some of the nuances associated with SSDs.

They're lighter and can take more abuse as you're not dealing with magnetic disks. They're also faster in certain aspects. Someone correct me if imwrong but I also believe that they do not need to be defraged because they do not store information the same way conventional hard drives do.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

They're lighter and can take more abuse as you're not dealing with magnetic disks. They're also faster in certain aspects. Someone correct me if im wrong but I also believe that they do not need to be defraged because they do not store information the same way conventional hard drives do.

It'll only wear the drive down more.

NEVER DEFRAG A SSD DRIVE.

Back
Top Bottom