Computer Illiteracy UNAPPRECIATION *Vol: Please leave me alone...

mad.gif

There's a saleslady at my job who works right behind me who interrupts me AT LEAST three times a day to do simple things that my 2 year old daughter canprobably do on a computer...

She's older and she's really nice so I feel obligated to help her helpless +!+ every time she needs it, but man I feel like just screamingFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU some times...

Anyone else deal with family members or otherwise who can't even change the damn ink for the printer?

Possibly one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't know why but it just irks me when people don't know how to do basic things on a computer. My co workercalled me over a few days ago to get up a hotmail account for her like are you serious? I mean I understand why she doesn't know how to or feelslike she needs help but still.

always....and cause i was in computer science they think i can fix anything....

my fam doesn't even know how to use the tv....and satellite....they think everything is a sequence of events and wont even try to understand itthemselves....

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

always....and cause i was in computer science they think i can fix anything....

my fam doesn't even know how to use the tv....and satellite....they think everything is a sequence of events and wont even try to understand it themselves....

And just keep asking you every time. Right.

Just a few minutes ago she forwarded me an email and asked me to remove a PDF attachment so she could forward the email to her customer w/o the attachment...

smh.gif

Nah atleast you know how to work a computer.

You know what its like getting a call at 2 in the mornin bein asked to help them blank by blank sign up for a fling account?
indifferent.gif

Another thing this lady does that drives me nuts is when she gives out our email address over the phone she says...

"My email address is (her name) @, you know the little a with the circle around it..."

A little crumb of my sanity breaks off every time she says that %%+! ...

Yes, I was a techie for PC World, and working so closely with the public you get to meet some +#!%#!# insane characters. This is my favourite one:

*customer bangs on the desk with his fist, I look up from the PC I was upgrading. Banging fist on desk is never a good start..

"COME HERE IMMEDIATELY!" Shouts the man, very short, about 50 with a balding head but a big beard - they're the worst

So I trot out, good as gold, noticing that he had brought his PC in a trolley, including the monitor, cables and The Sale of Goods Act printed out and highlighted the sentences that he thought would add weight to his case.

Me: "What seems to be the trouble, sir?"

Mr @$%#: "THIS PC YOU SOLD ME IS FAULTY!! I SPENT OVER £500 ON THIS! (it's probably the cheapest one we sold at the time)

Me "Ok I can have look for you, what seems to be the trouble"

Mr @$%# "DON'T TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME, I HAVE DRIVEN 6 MILES TO BRING THIS +#!%#!# $!@@ IN"

Me "Please don't swear at me sir, I will help you but I won't be sworn at"

He turns a shade of purple that I didn't know existed.

"I'LL SAY WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE"

The store was quiet but a small crowd had started to gather. The security guard had gone down off his podium and was ready to press the panic buttons. I was +!@$+%!% myself but was suprisingly steadfast in the face of this loony.

"Could you tell me what the prob....."

"THE RED CARDS WON'T STAY ON THE RED CARDS"

Me: "Excuse me?"

@$%#: "THE RED CARDS WON'T STAY ON THE BLOODY RED CARDS!"

Yes, he had printed out the entire Sale of Goods act (about 2 reams of paper-worth) he had unplugged his PC, put it in his car, driven all the way (probably at 80mph) - because he didn't know how to play +#!%#!# Solitaire

He was still shouting when he left the store, after I had explained the rules of Microsoft Solitare, and left the car park with his tyres screeching.

There were some other corkingly awful customers but I think my brain has created a special compartment to hide them from my waking thoughts to stop me going insane. Maybe some more will escape and I'll let you guys know!

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Yes, I was a techie for PC World, and working so closely with the public you get to meet some +#!%#!# insane characters. This is my favourite one:

*customer bangs on the desk with his fist, I look up from the PC I was upgrading. Banging fist on desk is never a good start..

"COME HERE IMMEDIATELY!" Shouts the man, very short, about 50 with a balding head but a big beard - they're the worst

So I trot out, good as gold, noticing that he had brought his PC in a trolley, including the monitor, cables and The Sale of Goods Act printed out and highlighted the sentences that he thought would add weight to his case.

Me: "What seems to be the trouble, sir?"

Mr @$%#: "THIS PC YOU SOLD ME IS FAULTY!! I SPENT OVER £500 ON THIS! (it's probably the cheapest one we sold at the time)

Me "Ok I can have look for you, what seems to be the trouble"

Mr @$%# "DON'T TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME, I HAVE DRIVEN 6 MILES TO BRING THIS +#!%#!# $!@@ IN"

Me "Please don't swear at me sir, I will help you but I won't be sworn at"

He turns a shade of purple that I didn't know existed.

"I'LL SAY WHATEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE"

The store was quiet but a small crowd had started to gather. The security guard had gone down off his podium and was ready to press the panic buttons. I was +!@$+%!% myself but was suprisingly steadfast in the face of this loony.

"Could you tell me what the prob....."

"THE RED CARDS WON'T STAY ON THE RED CARDS"

Me: "Excuse me?"

@$%#: "THE RED CARDS WON'T STAY ON THE BLOODY RED CARDS!"

Yes, he had printed out the entire Sale of Goods act (about 2 reams of paper-worth) he had unplugged his PC, put it in his car, driven all the way (probably at 80mph) - because he didn't know how to play +#!%#!# Solitaire

He was still shouting when he left the store, after I had explained the rules of Microsoft Solitare, and left the car park with his tyres screeching.

There were some other corkingly awful customers but I think my brain has created a special compartment to hide them from my waking thoughts to stop me going insane. Maybe some more will escape and I'll let you guys know!

ducktales

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by Ortega03

I work IT for a company... that's nothin OP

Okay... Lemme hear it then. I'm BS'in at work anyway...
"Hey can I get you to come over and fix my computer"

Me: "Sure, I'll be right over."

I show up.

"My computer won't turn on."

I notice its not plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom