Conan O' Brien moving to TBS

Ted Turner presents...Crack.

I think this is a great move. If Conan would've went with FOX's plan, it would've been him at 11 vs. Leno and Letterman at 11:30 vs. Lopez and Jon Stewart at 11.

In that scenario, Lopez loses his edge of starting at 11 and gets blown outta the water. Jon Stewart will always get his. Worst out of it, once his show ends, people would just switch over to Leno or Letterman.

Besides FOX is big enough, if Conan's ratings dropped they'd just cancel him.

This way he doesn't screw over a respectable comedian's grind (to haters I present to you Carlos Mencia), he doesn't turn into a lead-in for Leno/Dave and there's not a chance in hell TBS will ever censor or cancel him, since he's the best thing to happen to them since Seinfeld went into syndication.

I ain't mad about it.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brien said in a news release. "My plan is working perfectly."

laugh.gif

2n74e4h.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I honestly think that Lopez's show was about to get booted off, as much as I love Lopez stand up specials, his show isn't all that great.. He has b-list actors visit all the time, but just doesn't have enough "star power" presence to keep his show competitive amongst the others. Now, with Conan as his lead in, I am sure that it will draw more of an audience to view his show.. I am sure Lopez knew that this was a good move for him and for the future of his show... Either way, I will be rooting for the both of them.

Back
Top Bottom