CONFIRMED: Air Jordan 4 Cool Grey August 2019

still have these... the uppers are in decent condition but the midsole is mad chipped... will be copping on release date... what makes you think these will have nike air lol

Not with that outsole smh

I wouldn't worry about that (yet at least).. when they were rumored to drop back in 04 the sample pic floating around the internet was the same and then it ended up releasing differently. It didn't even include maize yellow until rumors/updates a few months before their release.

I hated the yellow at first and then loved it/got used to it later.

All in on these. My 2004 pair is in great shape, but the midsole is chipped like hell. Call me crazy, but I have a sinking feeling these will crazy easy to cop. The dynamic isn't the same as it was 15 years ago. What was ballyhooed by us older crowd may not be as received by the new era .Look at how revered the Mocha 3s are by some, but they died a miserable death where I live, and I just feel these will follow the same suit, which is beneficial to us

All in on these. My 2004 pair is in great shape, but the midsole is chipped like hell. Call me crazy, but I have a sinking feeling these will crazy easy to cop. The dynamic isn't the same as it was 15 years ago. What was ballyhooed by us older crowd may not be as received by the new era .Look at how revered the Mocha 3s are by some, but they died a miserable death where I live, and I just feel these will follow the same suit, which is beneficial to us

I mean this is a grey 4, compared to a white/brown 3 which even back then wasn’t popular

Think these will fly but I could be wrong

I mean this is a grey 4, compared to a white/brown 3 which even back then wasn’t popular

Think these will fly but I could be wrong
Yeah I expect these to sell well. like you said these are a grey 4 and the mochas were never really all that popular. They just became coveted by avid shoe guys but not to the general consumer

Either way I’m getting myself 2 pairs of these on RD

Some pics of my 2004
20190429_214659.jpg
20190429_214659.jpg
20190429_214705.jpg
20190429_214659.jpg
20190429_214716.jpg
20190429_214730.jpg
20190429_214730.jpg
Can you still wear??

The cool grey hype has died.

Back then the CG4, were hyped due to the initial release of the 11s and 9s.

The CG 8, 10 all sat. To many grey colorways have released. These lost their appeal to me

If these release visually like the 2004 pair I'm in. Haven't had a year like this for Jordan Brand for a while in terms of personal interest. Infrared 6, Black/Red 4, Seattle 10, Black/Red 11. Im not even trying to wait for **** to hit discount

The cool grey hype has died.

Back then the CG4, were hyped due to the initial release of the 11s and 9s.

The CG 8, 10 all sat. To many grey colorways have released. These lost their appeal to me

Oh, I was about to get into you if you were passing those comments as facts.

I agree; these def didn't lose appeal.. definitely not for me at least. And it seems like after the CG IV's any other CG color way sucked or was on a mediocre shoe.

I agree; these def didn't lose appeal.. definitely not for me at least. And it seems like after the CG IV's any other CG color way sucked or was on a mediocre shoe.
The last Cool grey that was great were the 3s.
Just my opinion but if the CG 3 were to have release today, they would sit and go on discount. To me they would’ve been another grey color 3 (stealths, wools, fear, chloro)

Even the wolf grey 5 were okay, although technically not CG

Last edited:
These were always special to me. I remember a lot of people complaining about the yellow hints back in the day, but I really think they make the shoe. This colorway would have fit right in 1999/2000. I always kinda viewed these as the Alphanumeric Jordan's.

The last Cool grey that was great were the 3s.
Just my opinion but if the CG 3 were to have release today, they would sit and go on discount. To me they would’ve been another grey color 3 (stealths, wools, fear, chloro)

Even the wolf grey 5 were okay, although technically not CG

I feel you bro.. I just really like the CG color way lol. I actually forgot about the III's which were fire and I actually have. They prob would sit though if they didn't QS them; a perfect example is the Tinker Grey and Green joints which were basically twisted CGs.

Back
Top Bottom