Confusion on the movie "American Psycho"

So did bateman really kill all those people including Allen or was it all in his mind? If so what about the police chase?. Nice film though

How did I know who would have the 1st reply hahaha...good to see some things never change...

Originally Posted by potus2028

How did I know who would have the 1st reply hahaha...good to see some things never change...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So although the thread went 9 minutes with no reply, you still said to yourself "haha, FreshProduct is going to be the first to reply any minute now" ? [/color]
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So although the thread went 9 minutes with no reply, you still said to yourself "haha, FreshProduct is going to be the first to reply any minute now" ? [/color]
alien.gif
laugh.gif

alien.gif

Damn, dude it wasnt a insult...I just remember you was a enthusiast of the movie
laugh.gif
chillax man, I missed you too...

alien.gif
That was exactly what I did... I could have answered his question but I waited for what ever variation of FreshProduct would answer. More authentic answer for OP that way.

Are you running outta languages for your SN? May I suggest e-Braille? :..:: . ::::..:.

movie is complete butt when compared to the book..but what else is new

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No, he didn't do any of those things. Everything was in his head.[/color]

This. It's also been debated that there's implications that the person everyone (including his lawyer) confuses him with is actually Bateman, himself. Trippy movie. One of my favorites for sure.

Bateman: Ask me a question.
Girl: So, what do you do?
Bateman: I'm into, uh, well, murders and executions, mostly.
Girl: Do you like it?
Bateman: Well, it depends. Why?
Girl: Well, most guys I know who are in Mergers and Acquisitions really don't like it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

alien.gif
Damn, dude it wasnt a insult...I just remember you was a enthusiast of the movie
laugh.gif
chillax man, I missed you too...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]NO hard feelings at all, just merely asking [/color]
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

That was exactly what I did... I could have answered his question but I waited for what ever variation of FreshProduct would answer. More authentic answer for OP that way.

Are you running outta languages for your SN? May I suggest e-Braille? :..:: . ::::..:.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah, after he made that crazy chainsaw shot down the stairs, I kinda figured that it might not be really happening.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

the point is nobody knows if he did it or not....not even Bateman himself. 

Ehh. 

The point is that Bateman is a faceless zilch working a job his daddy got him so he retreats into a fantasy world. He's insulted by Jared Leto's character who doesn't even realize he's insulting him and Bateman is too spineless to say anything - thus the murder fantasy. 

They @$%*!!% compared business cards to see who had the better one
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
,that's so boss.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Yeah, after he made that crazy chainsaw shot down the stairs, I kinda figured that it might not be really happening.
laugh.gif
thats my favorite part

Dope- You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
New Order- Truth Faith
Huey Lewis & The News- Hip to Be Square

Songs I had to get because of the movie.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No, he didn't do any of those things. Everything was in his head.[/color]

This. It's also been debated that there's implications that the person everyone (including his lawyer) confuses him with is actually Bateman, himself. Trippy movie. One of my favorites for sure.

Bateman: Ask me a question.
Girl: So, what do you do?
Bateman: I'm into, uh, well, murders and executions, mostly.
Girl: Do you like it?
Bateman: Well, it depends. Why?
Girl: Well, most guys I know who are in Mergers and Acquisitions really don't like it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
See thats what got me confused with the movie. Was he really saying those things to the people and they just didnt catch it? Or was that just in his head too? 

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

the point is nobody knows if he did it or not....not even Bateman himself. 

Ehh. 

The point is that Bateman is a faceless zilch working a job his daddy got him so he retreats into a fantasy world. He's insulted by Jared Leto's character who doesn't even realize he's insulting him and Bateman is too spineless to say anything - thus the murder fantasy. 
Others think that the point of the movie is that our society is so wrapped up in what people wear, where they work, what restraunts/bars they go to, that they don't even realize who is who.  No one knows who  the other person really is, which shows up with the constant confusion of who is Paul Allen, who is Bateman, etc throughout the movie.  No matter what bateman does, he cant get himself out of this world he is in.

In the book, I thought he fantasized about a lot of the murders, however, he did kill some people.

I watched this movie like 6-7 years ago...didn't really pay attention to it, but I want to see it again. I just remember a scene in the diner and him peeling his face off. Strange shizzzz.

Back
Top Bottom