Considering getting rid of my assortment of shoes

Recently I've been going through some major changes in life and I'm considering getting rid of almost my entire sneaker collection. I'm trying to find happiness and religion and when I look at all the frivolous things I've bought, I realize that material items aren't what was making me happy, it was the people that were once in my life that were, and everything else was me just adding icing to the cake. Looking at them now, all the boxes i have around me are just symbols of my greed and mistakes.

Have any of you sold your collections? Did it make you feel better? If so did that feeling of wanting/needing more shoes come back?

Do it man. More than likely you won't miss most of those shoes if you didn't wear them, or stopped wearing them some time ago. I recently just went through the same thing in the process of saving up for a car and I don't miss any of my LeBron 9's or Foamposite's at all.

more power to you, i collect shoes as a art i know ima hate the day i sell mine

going through a down period in your life isn't need to do some drastic if sneakers are something you enjoy; life will pick back up

I sold my collection off and keep a small rotation of about 5-7 pairs but that is because once you join the "real world" there is no time to wear them all

I have been considering getting rid of all my sneakers except for maybe two pairs, don't wear any of them anymore but I have been to lazy to take pictures and post them. Can't believe how much money I have wasted over the years on sneakers.

Why do people feel like the HAVE to sell thier shoes to mature and/or leave the "shoegame"(dare I say)? They're still shoes and you're still going to need to wear something on your feet. Unless you need the money, just start rockin em. Why sell all those shoes, only to need more in the future?

If you feel that you don't get any enjoyment out of buying/wearing sneakers then you should go for it. I would really think about your decision and make sure that it isn't a hasty decision. If you are going through a down period in your life though, simply selling your sneakers won't alter your state of mind or feelings.

you didnt stick around very long
Do it OP, save a few sentimental shoes and some that you still enjoy wearing- other than that, sell the rest

Are you implying that I joined the bandwagon? :lol:

I just sold the stuff that I knew would bring me in the most cash that I didn't really care for.

Why do people feel like the HAVE to sell thier shoes to mature and/or leave the "shoegame"(dare I say)? They're still shoes and you're still going to need to wear something on your feet. Unless you need the money, just start rockin em. Why sell all those shoes, only to need more in the future?

I have too many to wear. I kept buying because I thought that was making me happy, now I'm left here with these shoes, and they do not make me happy. They're a constant reminder of me becoming someone I don't like. I was going to sell everything, as there are some with sentimental value due to the fact that they were received as presents anything that I bought for myself is basically going to be fair game.

The people saying don't do anything drastic, to me, i always dreamt of having a home and having a room full of shoes. Just lined the walls with crazy amounts of jordans, lebrons, sbs & the occasional air max/af1. Now I'm looking at it and it's like why did I feel compelled to have all these things. I had someone very dear to me leave and in a time of self reflection I realized that maybe a room full of different sneakers isn't what I want or need. My first pair of Jordan anything was the Jumpman Pro in 97 when i was 9. My first official pair of jordans were the space jams in 2000. I feel like life shouldn't always be about buying and selling sneakers and waiting in lines. There's so much more to life I didn't get to experience because I was waiting in a line or saving my money for a pair of shoes instead of enjoying other opportunities.

I sold my whole collection a few years back after I found myself wearing em less. Since the thought crossed your mind you won't even miss the shoes. Good luck to you OP.

What size are you?
nerd.gif

I was thinking of either donating them, or selling them at retail price to people who actually want them, and donating the money. I'm not sure which would be the better route

I think selling your shoes for retail to those who want them, and donating the money would be your best option. That way you're "helping" two people groups. The buyer of the shoe would appreciate the "true value" of the shoe more than someone you would donate it to would (in most cases), and donating money to a particular religious affiliation and or charity would allow that organization to put that money into the area in which it is needed most. Obviously, it is your call and I commend your desire to help people. We need more people like you in the world.

Just my 2 cents. :smile:

It's wasted space. Why keep something that you don't want anymore. Plus, everyone that buys sneakers consider there value once they have it to sell it if they have to. Isn't that part of the "sneaker game."

My thing is why is it something that has to be announced?

How many threads have we seen regarding someone making the "life changing" decision to stop collecting shoes.>D

I am in the same boat. About 75% of them have never been used because my rotation is too great as it is so why bother? I want to get rid of em not because my life has changed but it's just there like someone said.. waste of space. I cringe at selling on ebay and dealing with all the fraud. Consignment stores are also untrustworthy so what to do? I am willing to sell a lot of my shoes for retail too since I keep the receipts in the box so I know exactly how much I paid for it. I guess the first thing I need to do is actually start taking all these boxes out of the closets and taking inventory.

going through a down period in your life isn't need to do some drastic if sneakers are something you enjoy; life will pick back up

I sold my collection off and keep a small rotation of about 5-7 pairs but that is because once you join the "real world" there is no time to wear them all
Aint that the truth thought. I dont have that many pairs myself (about 10) but I only have a chance to see them on weekends.

It's wasted space. Why keep something that you don't want anymore. Plus, everyone that buys sneakers consider there value once they have it to sell it if they have to. Isn't that part of the "sneaker game."

OK you get rid of all your shoes and down to a few pair. You wear those out and now you're back at the store buying another pair of shoes, Nikes or not, when you just jettisoned a lifetime supply of shoes.

This mentality, doe, just lets me further know that 90% of the people that get into shoes, contrary to what they might say, are just doing it to be cool. I'm not mad if you're going to sell them for retail or donate to charity, thats cool(as hell actually). I'm just saying you could do that OR never need for shoes again.

Back
Top Bottom