Control Panel, Search, Explore from Task Manager vol. I give up

i've been trying various methods and google for 2 hours now and I give up. I'll just ask NT now...how the hell do I access the control panel fromwindows task manager on XP

my explorer isn't working either :ohwell:

doesn't work
ohwell.gif

i have some hidden files of skanks that i need to unhide and e-mail to myself before i do system restore
laugh.gif

yeahh im gunna reformat. just need to unhide my blackmail/dirty pictures that girls have sent me over time so i can e-mail it to myself.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

yeahh im gunna reformat. just need to unhide my blackmail/dirty pictures that girls have sent me over time so i can e-mail it to myself.
Download Avast! (it's free)

Update it (if possible)

Run a "boot scan"

Problem solved.

pimp.gif

tried it. one thing i did though...

whenever files that were infected were found that was in the windows folder, i would ignore it instead of delete cuz i worried that i might delete an importantfile. should i have just let it delete everything?

edit:smh: at my grammar its too late to be awake at this time

Yeah you should have. Then if something happened you could go into safe mode off of boot and restore you're comp. And hell yeah it's too late to beup...stupid physics.

all i really need to know is how to get to "folder options" from the "create new task" window that u get when u press ctrl + r

eff it though i'll hope that i have the answer when i wake up cuz im gunna pass out now. gl on ur physics lol.

smh.gif
Never ever ever ever ignore an infected file.

When my computer got infected a while back, I just deleted all the infected files.

If you don't know computers that well, then by all means reformat.

But there are professional forums with certified helpers/technicians that help remove virus for free.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

smh.gif

When my computer got infected a while back, I just deleted all the infected files.

But there are professional forums with certified helpers/technicians that help remove virus for free.
Links
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
... My homeboy having issues with some malware on vista.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

smh.gif

Links
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
... My homeboy having issues with some malware on vista.
smh.gif

Sounds like you have a virus.. typical symptoms

recommendation: stop explorer.exe and try to restart it and see if that works, download anti-virus (if you need to know where to get it for free send me a PM),or just reformat it..making you lose your hidden files
frown.gif

I usually google whatever the virus is and there will be some forum somewhere with a way to get rid of it. but normally I would just reformat.

Back
Top Bottom