Cops run in wrong house and get blasted....oh and shooter was black

2 Prince George’s Co. officers shot after warrant served at wrong home: police chief
  • Jack Pointer
2 days ago
PrinceGeorges00.png

prince george's map

WASHINGTON — Wednesday night’s officer-involved shooting in Prince George’s County, Maryland, occurred when a warrant was served at the wrong home, police Chief Hank Stawinski said Thursday.

When a team of officers burst into a District Heights apartment around 10 p.m. to serve the warrant, they didn’t find the suspected drug dealer they had been trying to arrest.

Instead, they found a father and his daughter.

“We believed that we were serving a search warrant at that [suspected dealer’s] address.The investigation had led us to the wrong address. It led us to the address of a responsible hard-working citizen.”

When police arrived at the residence, located in the 2700 block of Lorring Drive, they knocked and announced themselves, Stawinski said, but the father didn’t hear them. (When asked why the father didn’t hear them, the chief suspected it was because he had fallen asleep while watching television.)

Amid their entrance, the chief said, the father armed himself and fired one shotgun blast, wounding two officers. An officer fired one shot in return, but “it did not take effect.” The officer who discharged his weapon has been identified in a news release as Cpl. Daniel Siculietano. No one was struck by his weapon, and he has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation, which is standard procedure.

Realizing they were police, Stawinski said, the father then dropped his weapon and told them not to shoot his daughter, whom he had told to go to the back of the apartment.

One officer has been treated and released, Stawinski said Thursday. The other required surgery on his arm.

The father, Stawinski said, was taken into custody and questioned, along with his daughter.

“This man was devastated when he realized that he had fired upon police officers,” he told reporters. “He was as worried about their safety once he realized that had happened as he was worried about the safety of his own daughter.”

The father will not be charged with a crime.

A confidential informant had led police to the father’s address, the chief said. “Our officers had worked to corroborate the information from that confidential informant. However, we did not draw the right conclusion.”

As a result, he said, the department will impose a moratorium on serving warrants until they’re certain each has been thoroughly vetted. Stawinski expects that moratorium to last roughly 24–48 hours and impact a “handful” of warrants.

Stawinski wouldn’t rule out disciplinary action or structural changes in the department.

“I’m not going to put another father like myself in that position,” Stawinski said. “I refuse to.”

During a news conference early Thursday morning following the incident, police media relations director Jennifer Donelan told reporters, “The relief that we are feeling right now is really hard to put into words.”

Hmmmm could the dad sue and get paid for their mistake??? :nerd:

I don’t see why not. And he absolutely should. Their mistake almost cost him and his daughter their lives. I wouldn’t stop pursuing a check from them until I got one.

Mistake or not, someone has to pay.

Terrible circumstance.

How they take him into custody in cuffs. But when bacon bits shoot people theybget treated like injured resuce dogs who get counseling and support?

Games rigged ya.

Smh, police blaming thier informant for giving them “bad information”

Why can’t they be honest and take full accountability for their mistake/actions.

Good to know the man was strapped and was able to protect his home from a pig invasion.

5FA88A8E-BE37-4710-90A5-181C231719FD.jpeg

News lady is my style:nerd: name?

I'm just glad him and his daughter safe
I still don't believe they giving us the real story though

It's not hard to believe that the police got bad information from an informant. Glad that the father will not be charged. This could have ended up much worse.

How do you **** up something as simple as an address? Literally pull out your phone and fix all of that.

How do you **** up something as simple as an address? Literally pull out your phone and fix all of that.

They used the address given by the informant.

However, you would think that there would have been more thorough research done as to who the apartment belonged to. Call the leasing office and ask who lives there...or if it's owned, it's really easy to find the owner via public records.

However, you would think that there would have been more thorough research done as to who the apartment belonged to. Call the leasing office and ask who lives there...or if it's owned, it's really easy to find the owner via public records.
fax instead of busting down the door then blaming the informant

I know one of the officers ... Sometimes people just fug something up ... Thankfully no one died ... The man supports police, the 2nd amendment and was apologetic ...

A potentially terrible situation handle as best as it could have been ...

The piece of evidence that corroborated the info was a car ... Problem was, the informant parked the car there ... He was arrested ... That's the part they aren't telling you ...

The piece of evidence that corroborated the info was a car ... Problem was, the informant parked the car there ... He was arrested ... That's the part they aren't telling you ...

Oh wow...didn't know that...U got a link to the additional info?

But even w/ the car being parked in the front, before the warrant was issued, shouldn't someone have done some more background as to who the apartment was leased to? Could have potentially avoided this whole situation IMO.

I know one of the officers ... Sometimes people just fug something up ... Thankfully no one died ... The man supports police, the 2nd amendment and was apologetic ...

A potentially terrible situation handle as best as it could have been ...
So what if he wasn’t apologetic and hated police
Then what

So what if he wasn’t apologetic and hated police
Then what

They find marijuana, or they bring up that unpaid parking ticket home boy may have gotten decades ago, or they ask about the mother of the child. Maybe they bring up the grades he received in school, or perhaps the music he listens to, or why he even had to live in the apartment that he lived in when the cops made their mistake.

They find marijuana, or they bring up that unpaid parking ticket home boy may have gotten decades ago, or they ask about the mother of the child. Maybe they bring up the grades he received in school, or perhaps the music he listens to, or why he even had to live in the apartment that he lived in when the cops made their mistake.

Sadly this is the truth.

Back
Top Bottom