Could Nike AIR PRESSURE be returning for 2015 via NIKE SNKRS APP?

i remember seeing these in the mall when visiting family up north when i was a teen. they were sick back then. id never seen technology for a shoe like that before, and the box was so cool.

first time seeing these. pretty cool looking shoe. I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg like those command force

Wow! I can't believe these are being retroed. I remember asking for these in 89' at Castner Knot's (Macy's now), and seeing the anger on my mom's face after she turned over the shoe and saw $189.99 on the handwritten price tag. I almost caught a beating right in the shoe department because of these. I quickly changed my mind and left with a brand new pair of Air Jordan IVs.

I don't know one person that owned these shoes during the original release. The price was just too much for anyone or their parents to afford in an era where $50 for shoes was considered excessive.

I'd like to see how these sell. A part of me wants to buy the retros just because they were so far out of reach when I was a kid.

Wow! I can't believe these are being retroed. I remember asking for these in 89' at Castner Knot's (Macy's now), and seeing the anger on my mom's face after she turned over the shoe and saw $189.99 on the handwritten price tag. I almost caught a beating right in the shoe department because of these. I quickly changed my mind and left with a brand new pair of Air Jordan IVs.
WTF! That would be $362.74 today! 
eek.gif

I don't know one person that owned these shoes during the original release. The price was just too much for anyone or their parents to afford in an era where $50 for shoes was considered excessive.

I'd like to see how these sell. A part of me wants to buy the retros just because they were so far out of reach when I was a kid.
you did a good job of swindling her into buying the 4s
laugh.gif
 show her the more expensive one first then casually accept the still pretty expensive consolation prize
wink.gif

They should do a limited release with the box and a GR with a regular Nike box. A GR with the box is asking too much of Nike these days.

I still have my degraded pair and box. They started crumbling well over 15 yrs ago. The insole started to degrade first, then the midsole, and last the casing for the pump bladder. I only knew 3 other guys with them, and all could ball. The toe box wrinkled if you looked at them hard.  I balled in all of my shoes then, and these weren't bad at all. These caught everyone's attention. I look forward to the re-release. One of my grails. 

Last edited:
I'm particular about what I buy, because I'm going for a special collection. I'll try to get these

Dave Mustaine of Megadeth

i'd have to cop a pair of these just off principle, especially if they came with the OG box, but they'd probably be asking $300 and of course it would be a limited release. not enough ppl are gonna appreciate these in all their glory.

The concept of NIKE having a pump in sneakers is pretty cool. However, if I'm going to buy a pair of Nike's with a pump it's gonna be a pair of Billy Ho's. As kadeem once said, "Let's go Billy Ho! Ha-Ha Ha-Ha Hahahaha! 

WTF! That would be $362.74 today! :wow:

Yeah which is why I think the price on these if they get retro'd would be interesting...

Like Air-Sole, it's old technology... if the price is high, the only one who can be blamed is Nike. For example, the Air Command Force. It has cheap leather, outdated tech and still costs 200.

The last quote right there...If these do get retroed in all their original glory...expect the same "treatment" by Nike as the Air Command Force got. I have the Volt's and paid slightly under retail for them, now they can be had for almost $100. They are not worth the $200 retail with the "leather" they used. And those HAD a semi cult following from all us old heads and fans of the movie, and they can be found in abundance anywhere pretty much.

I expect anticipation for these to be much less, box or no box. Not sure why anybody is like "please make this a limited release with the box" Why? So Nike CAN charge you $300 for a tupperware container with a swoosh??

Come on guys...it would be cool to see this shoe come back, BETTER for the 180 Command Pump to come back...but as far as $300 price points? I think not...and if they DO price it as such, Nike has definitely lost they damn minds considering the ACF's are sitting like squatters from the 60's.

Reebok's recent string of 25th Anniversary collabs BLOW the ACF out of the water in materials and quality, and most went on sale for $150 or lower...

I did see that. I got a whole collection of old photos of metal bands wearing shoes.

Just a few
I think it was in Behind the Music, Mustaine made reference to them dressing fairly scruffy, but always having access to new (free?) sneakers.

(Only just noticed your location.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom