Courtney Lee... the next John Starks?

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

he easily turned out being top 3 rookies this year
nerd.gif

maybe I'm being bias because I really like his game and maybe top 3 is a bit of a stretch, but besides OJ and D-Rose what other rookies had a strong impact on his team this year?

Lee has played good defense all year and his offense has improved alot and not to mention hes been hittin big shots all thruout the playoffs
Anyways, I don't think he's a top 3 rookie this year but I've been mighty impressed. It takes a special rookie to come in and fit inAND START on a contender. He's probably got a lot more game than he's shown but he's done a great job of what he's been asked to do (be adefensive stopper, provide energy, and hit his 3s). It's a special rookie class and he's definitely an absolute steal at 22.

Courtney Lee better than Starks? I don't know about that...

If that's the case though, I never want to hear any of the people in this thread cite Starks as a legit number 2 option for Ewing in the 90s. You guys aresaying the 4th option on the 2009 Magic is better than the number 2 option on the Knicks in the early-mid 90s. Something's not adding up here.

WIZARD

nah... im actually comparing him to a rookie.. nothing more nothing less

but when ppl say "he was a streak shooter n sucked otherwise" it disqualifies anything else they have to say on the matter... to me anyway

and 42% n playoff basketball is actually really good when ur role is to shoot 3s and create plays with ur athleticism at the end of the shot clock

o and he didnt dunk on jordan... he dunked on horace grant, jordan jumped late to meet him on the reverse attempt but he jus exploded to the rim over horacesuprising everyone

He didn't even dunk on LeBron. Lee is a better all around player than John Starks was, and I'm a big fan of both of them.

A poor man's Brandon Roy. I like his style. He may not become an all-star, but nobody in the NBA will front on him.

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Courtney Lee better than Starks? I don't know about that...

If that's the case though, I never want to hear any of the people in this thread cite Starks as a legit number 2 option for Ewing in the 90s. You guys are saying the 4th option on the 2009 Magic is better than the number 2 option on the Knicks in the early-mid 90s. Something's not adding up here.
John Starks was not a legit 2 option though. He could never help shoulder the scoring load, that's why we never won a title. Starks is what MoWilliams is to LeBron right now in the playoffs.

Plus Gunna was right, Starks was a Riley guy. Yeah, he may have won 6th man of the year with JVG, but he only had 2-3 good years at best in his career in the90's. If the Knicks have even Hersey Hawkins over John Starks, we win the 94 title.

And yes, overall, he may have finished his career @ 42%, but when he was the legit 2nd option for the Knicks' teamthat made the finals, he shot 38%, and 35.6% from 3. that's a decent 3 point %, but that's horrible from the field, especially for the amount of shotshe took. But to be honest though, can't put it all on him because everyone else on the team was playing like +*# too, especially Pat.

No one is comparing Courtney Lee as a 4th option rookie to John Starks as a 2nd option on a championship contender. All we are saying is that their games arenot comparable. Lee is a better shooter than Starks, and Starks was known for his ability to shoot, so what is that saying? Yes, the sample size may be toosmall to determine if in his career, he will be a better player than John Starks, but he can definitely play.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

he's a cavs fan so u know he was gonan run and try to defend Lebron

Courtney Lee is a potential Star.

John Starks was a Knick (Riley) system player.

C.Lee's game is
pimp.gif

cant wait to see him develop

Do the Magic have the best young Nucleaus in the League with Howard, Jameer, Lee... ?

yes

C Lee is playing good solid basketball, but its hard to gauge his talent when he played his rookie season alongside four all stars.

He's a fundamentally sound bball player with a good IQ, and the Magic are a good fit for him....

but overall he's not even a good a player as Pietrus, let alone a John Starks.

C Lee comes nowhere close to matching Starks intensity or tenacity on the floor.

I'm not big on crowning rookies who play alongside stars either.

I mean look at Daniel Gibson. A couple years ago you guys were thinking he was gonna be Lebrons sidekick, a pure knockdown shooter.

We see how THAT turned out.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

C Lee is playing good solid basketball, but its hard to gauge his talent when he played his rookie season alongside four all stars.

He's a fundamentally sound bball with a good IQ.

The Magic are a good fit for him, but overall he's not even a good a player as Pietrus, let alone a John Starks.

C Lee comes nowhere close to mathcing Starks intensity or tenacity on the floor.

I'm not big on crowning rookies who play alongside stars though. I mean look at Daniel Gibson. A couple years ago you guys were thinking he was gonna be Lebrons sidekick, a pure knockdown shooter.

We see how THAT turned out.
Pietrus is THEE GOODS.. after this series ill make a thread on him

yea yea i kno weve only seen a very minute sampling but the boy got skills... he needs an attitude check, to stop gettin hurt, and play for my Lakers

i remember dude in golden state was it? catchin my eye a few times but i had no idea he could knockdown the 3 ball...

couple that with his D, his athleticism gettin to the bucket and jus a natural swagger about his game...
pimp.gif

StephonUrkel....only reason C Lee stays on the floor is because Pietrus has lapses in concentration, and takes bad shots.

Next season I wouldn't be surprised if C Lee is the one coming off the bench if Pietrus can stay healthy.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Dunking on someone means going over them for the slam. Not getting a 1 on none breakway and barely avoiding getting stuffed from behind by a defender who covered 30 feet in a second.

roll.gif
Lee didnt dunk on LeBron. He amost got his dunk blocked
roll.gif

715d2ee22bc62af4ff874b95e9868a48-getty-87746191jm060_cleveland_cav.jpg

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

StephonUrkel....only reason C Lee stays on the floor is because Pietrus has lapses in concentration, and takes bad shots.

Next season I wouldn't be surprised if C Lee is the one coming off the bench if Pietrus can stay healthy.
yea ive noticed the "concentration lapses" but i think thats moreso his attitude... he gets upset easily and thinks he should

get the ball more which causes him to dogg a play defensively ocassionally(see that 3-1 last night where c lee dumped it to

gortat and missed p eazy on the oop)... hes from like france or sumthin isnt he? you can jus tell watching him play he

thrives when the lights are on, wants to be a superstar.... i will never chastise a man for that, aint like hes JR Smith either

jus chuckin ill advised shots tryna be the man, he takes open jumpers n gets to the bucket on fastbreaks and on

smaller/slower defenders... with the right coaching/team and given more time...
eek.gif

only reason pietrus is playin more in this series is because his size match up with Lebron is more favorable.

If not for C.lee, the magic woulda lost to Philly.

TRUST THAT!

Lebron blocked him once already, one on a FB and one from the weakside.

I didn't know he's only a rookie...guy's got a good future for sure.

I get VERY VERY angry because him and Devin Harris should be the starting backcourt of the Dallas Mavericks for years to come. Damn you Jason Kidd.

What shoes is Lee wearing in that pic? I remember having those when I was like 10

It's probably because of the face mask, but Lee reminds me so much of Richard Hamilton when he's shooting. But he definitely has an aspect to his gamethat Hamilton doesn't have and we've seen that showcased in this series against the Cavs. lee definitely has great potential and now I understand whyhe cracked the starting line-up as a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom